#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

Greetings MechWarriors,

Please let us know about your experience and your feedback on the new changes to module slots! For more info, please refer to the latest patch notes:http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/166189-patch-notes-13307-29-jul-2014/

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

The inability to change non-consumables without going into Mechlab is a major step back. Please change "Modify Consumables" to "Modify Modules" and restore this functionality.

#3 Trevor Belmont

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

I really don't like it, and here's why.

My Raven 3L was a scout/support mech. I always carried 4 scout modules (sensor range, seismic sensor, target decay and target info gathering). It fit the scout role it was intended for, and rarely saw any combat from the front lines.

So now the role has changed. I lose the ability to fill my scout role as thoroughly as I could before, and am pretty much forced to take weapon modules that don't make it a better scout.

#4 Gritash

• PipPip
  • Star Commander
  • 26 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

Hey so you remove the stripped my modules and ate some of them it would seem :(
What i had in my IS Mech's is gone but the Clan stuff stayed. My DDC is missing seismic especially..
Please can i have them back ;) ?

#5 sneakolai

• PipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

The patch removed my FS-Ember's Radar Deprivation (I only owned 1), and I am told there is a critical module error...

#6 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:54 AM

1. All Clan ER weapons are described as Small Laser. Just the range differs.
2. No Clan. streak moduls. Pilot tree..Yes. Modul Tree..not existing.

#7 Honiara

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

There is an additional typing mistake that has notw been mentioned in the patch notes,

Weapon Modules

CLAN ERM-LASER RANGE 1 & CLAN ERL-LASER RANGE 1 have their descriptions mixed up

There is also an error in the patch notes regarding the range and max range of the CLAN UAC20 modules

edited for additional errors

Edited by Honiara, 29 July 2014 - 10:57 AM.

#8 muddybayou

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 15 posts
  • LocationFar East TX (NWLA)

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:00 AM

When reconfiguring an invalid mech, the invalid modules do not show up on the mech module slots, or inventory. After saving the mech, however, the modules do appear in inventory. Thought I would mention this as the "Invalid Mech" warning dialogue didn't address that tidbit of info in detail...

#9 w0rm

• Giant Helper
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 29 July 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

The inability to change non-consumables without going into Mechlab is a major step back. Please change "Modify Consumables" to "Modify Modules" and restore this functionality.

THIS. FIX. IT.

#10 Blackie Flawless

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

Unbinding the keys without anything in the patch notes was not good at all.

#11 RighteousFury

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

The loss of the extra module slots over other variants reduces the Spider 5V (at least it has more JJs) and especialy the Jenner K usefullness quite a bit.

The Jenner K is now exactly a Jenner D minus one Missile slot.

#12 Blackie Flawless

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

Inability to modify mech modules in mech selection is also pretty big downer. I can understand that you want c-bill sinks, but hindering players who are restricted in changes already while in lobby is just stupid.

#13 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:14 AM

I've written up some general thoughts about the module system.

The main takeaway is the JR7-K:

-JR7-K: Its distinction from the -D was that it dropped one CT M hardpoint in exchange for a third module slot. If it now has the same module-set as the -D, it becomes a strictly inferior -D. Suggestion: Buff its modules to 3/2/1 or 2/2/2, or consider quirks to set the -K apart.

(Also, range-for-heat is still not a good tradeoff most of the time.)

#14 sneakolai

• PipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

"Missing" module fixed; thanks. But after playing matches with the new module system, wow is it awful. I don't need to be restricted even more, thanks.

#15 StonedDead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOn a rock, orbiting a giant nuclear reactor

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

I do not like the new module system. I am now forced to have two empty slots(in most cases) because of the weapon module slots. The weapon modules are crap IMO, and not worth taking. In most cases it eliminated a useful mech module that I would have preferred, and had until this patch. I would even give up the consumable slots to have the old module system back, cause I only used one at a time, if that. My opinion: it's crap.

#16 natasha wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

I need my third Modul Slot back please. You can give everyone ten consumables if you want,
but most Modules need a Mech Slot. You make more and more Mech Modules and now
you take our Slots for this Modules. I will not buy any consumables until you fix this.

#17 Samual Kalkin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

View PostDeztroyer, on 29 July 2014 - 10:52 AM, said:

From http://mwomercs.com/...invalid-mechs/:

Just save them again and see if it works.

I did that with all my invalid mechs and my module count are wrong on 2 of the modules. I put in a ticket on it, but the short of it is:
+2 Adv. Target Decay that I never remember buying since I only had 3 mechs I used them on and no extras, and now have 5 total
-1or2 Radar Deprivation since 2 mechs I pit it on did not have it and 1 I think I put it on did not have it

#18 Herod

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

No Clan LBX 20 weapon module?

#19 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

Now I have a bunch of Mech Modules that I will never use. That is saying something since I have 46 mechs. If PGI is going to decrease the number of Mech Modules I can run then I would like a refund for all my Module purchases in Pilot Skill Trees and in C-bills for the Modules themselves.

When this was first announced, we were told that if there was a major change we would get refunds. Well, this is a major change.

#20 ecued

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 192 posts
  • LocationExit 7A

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

command mechs, (you know, the ones that used to have the extra module slot) seemed to have lost that and other mechs, (i.e. raven 4x) were given the extra slot. why? seriously don't know why we wasted any time on the module system itself, other than changing and saving them faster, the module system didn't need to be touched at all.

this further goes to prove just about every post i have made in the last 6 months that your people have no idea what this game is about. ok besides the obvious reason for weapons module slots, (you know, you want us to buy those horribly overpriced and under powered things you call weapons enhancements) why would i spend all those c-bills to shoot a laser an extra 10 meters. that would still leave me about 300 meters short of what clan er large shoot with a targeting computer.

i'll go one better. just from what i have seen in the past 12 months, i can't help but think your company is purposely trying to sink this ship. hey Russ, we got so much work done on community warfare that we decided to over haul a module system that was perfectly fine? once again, great job team PGI. you really got your finger on the pulse of your steady clientele.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users