How To Get Mechwarrior 2 To Run In Window Mode?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Armament

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 199 posts
  • LocationPiloting a Dire Wolf.

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:54 PM

Hey guys. I've been wanting to play the older Mechwarrior games and have been having issues getting them to work. Recently I found about a torrent that has all of the Mechwarrior games and their expansions in an easy to use installer. Here's a picture. Posted Image

I want to start with Mechwarrior 2 but I'm having issues getting it to run in window mode..

Posted Image

I have the box checked, but no matter what settings I change it runs in fullscreen. I'm using Windows 7 x64.

#2 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

i've never even heard of this, this is intriguing!. I know some older games only run on newer systems when in windowed mode, I wonder if that has anything to do with why it is normally like that. Hmm.....interesting...............

#3 Armament

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostStingray1234, on 13 September 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

i've never even heard of this, this is intriguing!. I know some older games only run on newer systems when in windowed mode, I wonder if that has anything to do with why it is normally like that. Hmm.....interesting...............

You should look it up. It's pretty neat and everything is butter smooth. It's just MW2 that keeps going fullscreen and is a blurry mess on a high res monitor lol. I might just give up on it.

#4 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:41 AM

Is it possible to get a link to this? I have been wanting to replay MW3 for about three years now, Ive even been tempted to buy an older pc again just to play it.

#5 Armament

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:26 AM

View PostMason West, on 14 September 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

Is it possible to get a link to this? I have been wanting to replay MW3 for about three years now, Ive even been tempted to buy an older pc again just to play it.

Here you go: http://thepiratebay....rology_(Eng_Rus)_[RePack]_RG_Catalyst

All you need is torrent software to download the files. I use uTorrent as it's small in file size and easy to use. Once you have it installed, click "get this torrent" and it will download the files through the software to your computer. If the link gets removed I'll PM it to you.

#6 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:27 PM

Look like its working so far, ive used uTorrent in the past so im pretty familiar with it, just waiting for the download to finish.

Im going to be so happy if this works :D

#7 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:25 AM

View PostMason West, on 14 September 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

Look like its working so far, ive used uTorrent in the past so im pretty familiar with it, just waiting for the download to finish.

Im going to be so happy if this works :D

You will need to get an additional fix to solve the...screen sticking...issue.

If it isn't included with that torrent at any rate. There is a fix, so don't worry if you get that issue. Bouncing APCs I don't believe was ever solved, since its due to new CPUs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users