• Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:18 AM

I was thinking that to help the new players out in the game and answer some questions we could do this for them to advance them in the game.

1) Set up a teamspeak channel (if someone has one) that could hold 24 players at once, some vets and the rest new players that want to learn something..

2)On one day we could have for like an hour or two maybe saturday or sunday have a couple of matches or just let the vets teach the new players some tricks or answer some real time questions than on a forum board.

3)Answer any question in real time on teamspeak, about how to do that or whats the best mech, or anything anyone has any questions about.

4)play a couple of matches with the new players to show team work and using the coms are the best advantage to winning in the game.

5)Help with mech builds and give suggestions on why stuff works in the game.

I hear a lot of players get disgruntled about playing and having to get stomped by vet players in the game, and just leave to go on to play something else. We players in the game have to help the new players because without the new players coming into the game were sunk and our beloved game will go to the wayside like most others without a new player base.

Who knows the new player that we teach and help train might be the next Natasha Kerensky that gobbles up everything :)

Just some suggestions and I would be willing to help set this up on a saturday or sunday and get some lists going on new players, but if we do this DONT waste anyone's time buy messing around or anything as I think most people work full time jobs and really enjoy the game but dont want to have to deal with people wasting time with everyone else...

Let me know what you guys think..

Triskin (OGD)

Oldbob10025 youtube https://www.youtube....dy2mffAfJg_U2aA

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:06 AM

if something like this was to happen I could schedule a few hours regularly, perhaps 9am to 11am UK time on Saturday and Sunday, most weeks.

however I suspect most of us who frequent new player help are at least average players, so if we teamed up with a single new player then we would likely push the new player into a higher Elo bracket in the group queue, that may not be a pleasant experience for the new player.

#3 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:16 AM

Another problem is that if you drop as a two man, you're now in the group queue. Otherwise, I think this is a great idea and at least worth looking into.

#4 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:48 PM

View Postmailin, on 24 June 2015 - 04:16 AM, said:

Another problem is that if you drop as a two man, you're now in the group queue. Otherwise, I think this is a great idea and at least worth looking into.

no we would be in our own private maps.. so we could have 24 people in our map and train like that... 12 on each team not in pubic but in private maps... it would be just us..

#5 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:21 PM

View PostTriskin, on 24 June 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

no we would be in our own private maps.. so we could have 24 people in our map and train like that... 12 on each team not in pubic but in private maps... it would be just us..

That sounds reasonable provided we could get enough people with premium time on at a time, meaning training sessions would likely have to be arranged ahead of time rather than just try to get people on as much of the time as possible.

again I would be up for it maybe 2-3 times a week at times convenient for me (e.g. I could not do North American evening times as that would be early hours of the morning for me)

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:22 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 24 June 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

That sounds reasonable provided we could get enough people with premium time on at a time

For less than 24 players, need 2 people with premium time. For 24 players I believe you only need one (if any).

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:25 PM

Far as the rest (teamspeak, play with the person, show some pointers, etc), it's sort of something I do already. So doing it on a larger scale is always well and good.

#8 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:15 PM

Yea need two people with premium time to open up a private match for everyone... need a team speak that can hold upto 24 people and some people that are willing to help..

Just a helping hand to the new players to get them going in this game and to answer some questions as well instead on the forums and having to wait...

If your willing to help out I can set something up and if your a newbie let me know and we can get you going..

Triskin

#9 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:26 PM

I'd be willing to help out. I've recently gotten alot of good advice to help out with my lrming, and wouldn't mind giving something back.

Don't have premium time right now to lead a group, but if you need someone else to be be an advisor, and the timing works, I offer my assistance.

~Leone, Raid Leader of the Crimson Hand.

#10 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:59 PM

I usually do this in the Comstar NA channel. However, I try to minimize the number of 2-man drops (usually it's just me and the new player). However, one thing that worked for me well, aside from just giving specific advice, and linking to videos and threads) was getting them to hop into the training grounds in their mech, and I drop in my own mech, on the same map. So I can guide them through the map, as if I was in their cockpit. That allowed me to show new players how specific hitboxes worked, and how terrain works with the mech, in a much more accurate way, than just telling them about it. (HINT:If you guys start feeling lost, press F9 to get the coordinates, which would allow you to get back in synch)

#11 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:52 PM

Brilliant. Will do next time I introduce someone to the game.

~Leone, Raid Leader of the Crimson Hand.

#12 purplewasabi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 170 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:44 AM

I'm keen to try this out. I love this game and I don't want to see it go under. We need more players.

I like the idea and is willing to allocate time for it. Whether it's public group queues or private matches, newcomers will be thrown into the deep end one way or another. Common advice to newcomers is to join a unit, but not all units are keen on training newcomers, and are often misguided. I agree with the OP, we should start with private matches, then move to public group matches.

I believe most of us are already doing this sort of training sessions but they are mostly small scale, within our own units etc. I do it with private matches. Seeking and giving advice in the forums is a good place to start, but it does have its limitations. This should be the next step.

#13 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:13 AM

ok this weekend I cant as I'm trying to make a Mechwarrior Online Video Trailer here

http://mwomercs.com/...ds-for-a-video/

but on the 11th I can try to set something up with TeamSpeak and get the ball rolling,but dont let that stop you from helping out the new players that come into play...

I was thinking that maybe on the Teamspeak we can answer some questions from new players, show some maps and where to go to get the most advantage, and general tricks we use on playing the game...

Let me know either here or email me in Mech Mail to let me know, as well as new players too let me know if you can make it the 11th to come and either just hang out or learn something.

Triskin (OGD)

#14 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:51 AM

The 11th, what hour? On what Timezone? (PST, I assume?)

#15 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:21 PM

How about 1:00 pm on the 11th oh July Pacific Standard time would that be great for everyone?

Thanks

Triskin (OGD)

#16 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:59 PM

I can attend
9PM in the UK

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 05 July 2015 - 02:48 AM.

#17 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:07 PM

Just let me get through this weekend with video edits and 4th of july and some other crap I have to deal with then on the 11th we can help some new people.. Next week I will give out TS info and get some attendance so we can help some people.

If anyone has idea's lets hear them as well

Thanks

Triskin (OGD)

Oldbob10025 (youtube) https://www.youtube....dy2mffAfJg_U2aA

#18 purplewasabi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 170 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:43 PM

View PostTriskin, on 29 June 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

How about 1:00 pm on the 11th oh July Pacific Standard time would that be great for everyone?

Thanks

Triskin (OGD)

That would be about 6.00am AEST. I'll try to make it

#19 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:11 PM

Ok now done with my video

lets help some new players..

CALL TO ALL NEW PLAYERS (really new)and just people in general that have questions
1pm PST (California Time USA) on Saturday 11th of july lets get some people together for just Q&A and then some training help in a map (anything is good) with some experienced people here were bound to know something that a new player would like to know..

So dont be shy with some questions new players as no question is a dumb one, we can use my TS channel but limit it to 20 people as too much more would be a crazy house like herding kittens ..

Let me know if you can make it and post in this forum and we can get this ball rolling...

Triskin (OGD)

#20 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:50 AM

Barring a drastic modification to my life. I'm going to show up for this, and I have a versatile quirky stable of mechs that can help with hitbox, and piloting training.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users