Clan Pilot Looking For Unit

3 replies to this topic

#1 Antibaryonic

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:13 PM

Greetings!

After being on a long hiatus from CW, which I used to love, I hopped into some pug drops for this event and was of course sorely disappointed.

So, I'm looking for a clan unit who runs groups regularly on weekends. I'm in Pacific Coast time and can generally be around Friday through Sunday. Ideally the unit would be competitive to semi-competitive folks who enjoy playing even if we aren't winning at the moment. That isn't to say however that we're not trying to win every time.

I have around 80 mechs, 60 mastered chassis, tons of modules/equip. I generally stay up on the meta builds and know which alternate builds are viable, and which aren't. Breaking 1,000 damage, or half that in scouting mode, isn't all that difficult if you ask me. I frequently have games pushing twice that. That also isn't to say that damage is all that matters - compared to pugs, it's amazing what calling targets and having an overall strategy can change.

Yes my name has LRM in it because I think it's funny (google '666' if you don't know the reference). No that doesn't mean I always run builds with them on my robot. Posted Image

I'm not currently in any contract and would definitely like to contribute to unit drops ASAP - for some reason I've really got my eye on that free EXE-C.

Thanks!
See you on the battlefield!

Edited by LRM 666, 10 September 2016 - 12:16 PM.

#2 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:19 PM

Come check out MercStar! We flip-flop between Clan and Inner Sphere so everyone gets a chance to use all of their mechs, but when you get the chance, I think you'll like what you find.

We have awesome pilots, skilled knowledgeable leaders, active player base, multiple companies across different timezones, and we even play different games.

We don't focus on training, or paperwork, or stories, or committed competitive play. We just drop drop drop!

TS: ts.mercstar.net:8344
mercstar.enjin.com

Edited by Commander A9, 16 September 2016 - 08:25 AM.

#3 Firewing2

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:29 PM

That's what I'm looking for. I'm new-ish, and hoping to get in with a group where I can make use of my headset and actually work together and learn...

Question: If I join a unit that doesn't share my current faction, does that require me to break my current faction and suffer the penalty?

#4 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:26 AM

Well, if you want to join a unit that's part of a different faction, you would have to leave your existing unit and/or break your existing contract. It might incur a penalty, yes.

But it's one-time, and compared to the money you'll make in the long run, purely minimal.

Come check out MercStar. Posted Image I think you'll like what we have to give you.

TS: ts.mercstar.net:8344
www.mercstar.enjin.com

Edited by Commander A9, 16 September 2016 - 08:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users