• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

View PostDroz, on 22 February 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

Seriously, now a PUG competition? Where's the love for 8-man groups?

There's a serious disconnect from the devs and the players that would be the bread and butter of this game, the Founders and the hardcore MW and BT players. We are the guys that are going to dump money into the game. The people that don't dump money into the game are the single droppers, the casual players, and those that don't ever spend a dime on anything. The money spenders are, quite honestly, the clan, house, and merc groups that have formed to play this game. These are the guys that will spend money.

I can tell you from personal experience, my group is made up of all Founders, and not a single one of us has spent an extra dime on this game because we just do not feel the development is going the way it should. More and more there are things done that detract from the overall experience of the game, mechanics that were changed that shouldn't have been changed, and so forth. We are not seeing the game we paid for.

The devs really should start listening to the people who will put money into this game, not the people who will never spend so much as a dime.

The serious lack of love for groups is daunting. Where are the advantages of being in a group? Where are the tournaments, the custom matches, the team deathmatch, stuff like that? This is what we want. How about Community Warfare? We haven't heard a single thing about CW is what seems like forever. Are you still even working on it? You have got to throw us a bone here. The gameplay is getting stale, people are off playing other games as opposed to this one, and all because there is no love for the people who would actually pay money to buy stuff in game.

Seriously, give us SOMETHING. The ELO system is completely screwed over groups. Bring tonnage requirements into 8 man groups. Give us some love, or you will likely see these groups leaving.

Not all of us want all these things Droz. I don't care if we have TDM, or tournaments. Custom matches sounds interesting but I am more interested in seeing the Clans, house affiliations be more than a emblem I wear, game stability, more than I want to see MY money go to growing Epeens.

Elo has not screwed over our group play. It caused a stumble as we had to wait for the waves to settle but last night was a rocking night for my group. We won we lost we laughed our butts off! Lets get the foundation working solidly 98% of the time at least before we think about tournaments please.

#22 Taurick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 216 posts
  • Location'straya

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
PGI AREN'T CATERING TO MY EVERY WHIM AND DESIRE, BETTER **** UP THE FORUMS!

Posted Image

#23 Taurick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 216 posts
  • Location'straya

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

It's also the first image on googles image search of crying man

I'm nothing if not lazy

#24 KuruptU4Fun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

You still have to get your solo ELO rating up to get your group in a good range for team play dude..

#25 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

Ever thought that maybe their next weekend event might be only for groups? Jeez get ova yaself

#26 Kotsuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

If businesses were to cater to the self proclaimed 'top percentile' spenders of their community, they would have to close shop not soon after opening. Being 'elite' or hyper-epeen competitive does not mean you are the only ones who support this game.

#27 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

Vocal minority that doesn't outspend silent majority in any way shape or form still imagines that being more vocal somehow cancels minority and lower spending part out. :P

#28 Ulric Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

We did several sync drops last night and they worked without issue. I would agree with the OP that things have come and gone that dramatically changed the game and how it is played but I still find it fun, so I'll continue to support it.

#29 Arumi Ornaught

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

We are the guys that are going to dump money into the game.

I can tell you from personal experience, my group is made up of all Founders, and not a single one of us has spent an extra dime on this game.

The devs really should start listening to the people who will put money into this game

Make up your mind please.

#30 Mackensen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

The people that don't dump money into the game are the single droppers, the casual players, and those that don't ever spend a dime on anything. The money spenders are, quite honestly, the clan, house, and merc groups that have formed to play this game. These are the guys that will spend money.

That is just plain wrong. I spend money on this game. I have much more money than time and I have no problem with spending money on something I like. "Clan, house, merc" I don´t even know what the hell you are talking about.

I could have spent money to become a founder but I did not because I don´t feel comfortable calling myself "LEGENDARY", "ELITE" or "VETERAN" when I´m a complete novice. I asked to be invited in closed beta and I got invited. I spend money and I will spend more if I like what I see.

Edited by Mackensen, 22 February 2013 - 06:53 AM.

#31 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

View PostUlric Kell, on 22 February 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

We did several sync drops last night and they worked without issue. I would agree with the OP that things have come and gone that dramatically changed the game and how it is played but I still find it fun, so I'll continue to support it.

Just curious what the dramatic changes are, beyond the horrifically stupid ECM implementation and the (FINALLY!) curbing of pugstopping, most of the rest of changes have been pretty gradual or evolutionary.

#32 Bloodsport

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

So let me get this right, so clans were exploiting a match making BUG during a BETA and are now upset because the BUG been FIXED, even tho in the roadmap theres proper clan support?

#33 Celesteel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

There's a serious disconnect from the devs and the players that would be the bread and butter of this game, the Founders and the hardcore MW and BT players. We are the guys that are going to dump money into the game. The people that don't dump money into the game are the single droppers, the casual players, and those that don't ever spend a dime on anything. The money spenders are, quite honestly, the clan, house, and merc groups that have formed to play this game. These are the guys that will spend money.

I can tell you from personal experience, my group is made up of all Founders, and not a single one of us has spent an extra dime on this game because we just do not feel the development is going the way it should. More and more there are things done that detract from the overall experience of the game, mechanics that were changed that shouldn't have been changed, and so forth. We are not seeing the game we paid for.

The devs really should start listening to the people who will put money into this game, not the people who will never spend so much as a dime.

The serious lack of love for groups is daunting. Where are the advantages of being in a group? Where are the tournaments, the custom matches, the team deathmatch, stuff like that? This is what we want. How about Community Warfare? We haven't heard a single thing about CW is what seems like forever. Are you still even working on it? You have got to throw us a bone here. The gameplay is getting stale, people are off playing other games as opposed to this one, and all because there is no love for the people who would actually pay money to buy stuff in game.

Seriously, give us SOMETHING. The ELO system is completely screwed over groups. Bring tonnage requirements into 8 man groups. Give us some love, or you will likely see these groups leaving.

Ummmm, I am a founder and have dumped over $400 into the game thus far....and I PUG almost 100% exclusively! Add to the fact that I LOVE the ELO system, it rocks! I am now dropped with people of my skill level and do not get steamrolled (and dont have to face premades all of the time). I understand where you are coming from, the 8 man que should have weight limits just like the 4 man, but to say that the premade groups are the only bread and butter of the game is erroneous.

#34 Wraith05

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 696 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

View PostSerapth, on 22 February 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Just curious what the dramatic changes are, beyond the horrifically stupid ECM implementation and the (FINALLY!) curbing of pugstopping, most of the rest of changes have been pretty gradual or evolutionary.

They gave us night maps! Duh.... those were big gamechangers there =P

#35 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

There's a serious disconnect from the devs and the players that would be the bread and butter of this game, the Founders and the hardcore MW and BT players.

ah like me who... never... group... ever... no guess not then

#36 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostDeeSaster, on 22 February 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

The competition and the 50/50 event are just means to the end of acquiring a lot of Elo data in a fast timeframe. Has absolutely nothing to do with catering to a certain player type.

BTW, I drop solo 80% of the time and already had to buy more MC to reload my stack. Also my founder premium time has only a few days left. So please don't jump to conclusions OP.

Actually it has nothing to do with Elo either.

Everybody's Elo score was pre-seeded before we went live using two weeks of data collected from Feb 5th to Feb 18th. Because Elo was not used to created matches during that period, there are still going to be some less than optimal matches until several hundred thousand players (those who played during those two weeks) play again and bring their Elo scores inline.

The reason for making this a solo competition is for one reason only: collusion. We wanted to take grouping and sync dropping out of the equation to make for the most fair matches possible.

Also a group tournament would take on a different form, bracketed most likely, rather than a leaderboard which is a solo player challenge.

Yes we will be doing bracketed tournaments.

#37 Bguk

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

I love it when the devs come in and put things in their place.

#38 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

View PostCelesteel, on 22 February 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

Ummmm, I am a founder and have dumped over $400 into the game thus far....and I PUG almost 100% exclusively! Add to the fact that I LOVE the ELO system, it rocks! I am now dropped with people of my skill level and do not get steamrolled (and dont have to face premades all of the time). I understand where you are coming from, the 8 man que should have weight limits just like the 4 man, but to say that the premade groups are the only bread and butter of the game is erroneous.

Ok, I just gotta ask.... HOW?

How the heck have you put 400$ into this game?

I got the 60$ tier and used my premium time up. As a result I was never lacking for money to buy mechs and have mastered about 8 or 9 series, I used MC for mech bays, a few hero mechs and accidentally purchased a mech with MC ( oops :) ).

I have never really found myself wanting for MC much beyond the 20K I started with. I just dont get how you could go through 400$ at this point!

Not bashing you, just curious how the heck you did it... did you buy every mech with MC?

View PostBguk, on 22 February 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

I love it when the devs come in and put things in their place.

Actually, they have been much better communicators the last few weeks.

If there had been this level of communication in December-January, there would be a LOT less bitching in these here parts.

#39 Chrithu

• Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 February 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

Also a group tournament would take on a different form, bracketed most likely, rather than a leaderboard which is a solo player challenge.

Yes we will be doing bracketed tournaments.

Even though I am not in group yet I am glad to hear you guys have that on screen.

It really would be missing an opportunity not to do such things. Especially as long as CW is still in the works and not released.

#40 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

View PostSerapth, on 22 February 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

Ok, I just gotta ask.... HOW?

How the heck have you put 400$ into this game?

I got the 60$ tier and used my premium time up. As a result I was never lacking for money to buy mechs and have mastered about 8 or 9 series, I used MC for mech bays, a few hero mechs and accidentally purchased a mech with MC ( oops :rolleyes: ).

I have never really found myself wanting for MC much beyond the 20K I started with. I just dont get how you could go through 400$ at this point!

Not bashing you, just curious how the heck you did it... did you buy every mech with MC?

Elite Plus $15 a week, since cash has been able to be thrown at the game. its not hard to spend the money man! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users