Get Ready For The Mc Squeeze

11 replies to this topic

#1 pjnt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 425 posts
  • LocationDetention Block 23, Death Star

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

IGP have posted for a new position. Click the link at the bottom of your page.

The requirements are:

[color=#666666]• Ensure profitability and business direction and provide analysis and long term strategic thinking to help decisions and product development, ensuring profitability of the business[/color]
[color=#666666]• Work closely with the developers and internal departments to plan the development and deployment of revenue-generating features and to evaluate and tune the game to maximize user acquisition, retention and monetization.[/color]
[color=#666666]• Own the economic model used for our business forecasts and performance targets, using bottoms-up analysis of key daily metrics to drive both product iteration.[/color]

I would suspect they have come to the conclusion that making every penny out of this game has trumped making the game. But we already knew this, right?

Hello pay to win. Goodbye players.

Edited by pjnt, 22 February 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#2 Iron Frost

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

lol. how would you suggest they manage their monetization strategy? just have the developers throw ideas into a hat and pick the winners randomly? if anything, this person might realize they could make more money with lower MC prices for items and higher volume - win/win for everyone.

Edited by Iron Frost, 22 February 2013 - 11:04 AM.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

IGP is the Producer for multiple games, with a focus on free to play titles (incl;uding MWO, MWT, Sins of a dark age, and who knows what else)

#4 Particle Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Can you predict the winning powerball tickes for us too?

#5 Rauchsauger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 225 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

View Postpjnt, on 22 February 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

IGP have posted for a new position. Click the link at the bottom of your page.

The requirements are:

[color=#666666]• Ensure profitability and business direction and provide analysis and long term strategic thinking to help decisions and product development, ensuring profitability of the business[/color]
[color=#666666]• Work closely with the developers and internal departments to plan the development and deployment of revenue-generating features and to evaluate and tune the game to maximize user acquisition, retention and monetization.[/color]
[color=#666666]• Own the economic model used for our business forecasts and performance targets, using bottoms-up analysis of key daily metrics to drive both product iteration.[/color]

I would suspect they have come to the conclusion that making every penny out of this game has trumped making the game. But we already knew this, right?

It is actually a good thing that IGP employs professionals. Those people will get things done if IGP listens to them.

Edited by Rauchsauger, 22 February 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#6 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

View Postpjnt, on 22 February 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

Not necessarily.

The new guy might convince them that relying on us to be stupid / obsessed enough to pay 7.00 USD for a virtual picture frame that actually does more to distract than entertain is not a good business plan.

No offense to PGI, really, just a sad commentary on the state of online gaming and this game's definition of "microtransactions."

#7 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Funny thing... I always tend to laugh out loud when I read "Pay To Win" on the MWO threads.

Silly fairy tales my friend.

#8 Inyc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 332 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

Hopefully whoever they hire drops MC prices to drive sales and generate more revenue! Because I know for sure I'd be a lot more generous with my MC if I had better return for it.

#9 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

$1=$1 please. :D

#10 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

WHAT!!!!!! MW:O is a profit center?!

Those greedy capitalist pigs!

Excuse me... I have to get back to weaving my hemp pull over and kicking the dirt off my Birkenstocks. :D

#11 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

I have a question I would like to ask before I respond fully to your OP: Have you already spent money in this game? And if not, why?

Edited by Mystere, 22 February 2013 - 11:33 AM.

#12 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

No.

PGI's decision to hire additional staff does not constitute a clear-and-decisive proof that they are now in full cash-in-mode and abandoning the player base. This thread is closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users