2 Er Ppc On Raven 3L

19 replies to this topic

#1 Vermin

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

any opinions or should i just stick with 1 ER-PPC, 2 SSRM2, and 1 medium laser?

(with ECM and AMS)

#2 Training Instructor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

Cicada 3M does the 2xERPPC gig better. Just my opinion though.

#3 EarlGrey83

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 166 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

You will need the SSRM against other lightmechs, those are just the best weapons on the 3L in the current game enviroment. Choosing an ERPPC over to more medium lasers looks fun, hope it works for you.

Whatever you choose, don´t skip on engine size, speed is by far the most important stat on that chassis. :lol:

#4 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

I wouldn't gimp yourself on heat with that build for the Raven... I modded my 3M Cicada to a 295XL, 14 DHS and a ERPPC and 3 ML to get the same result (it hunts big prey and even cored a few stupid light's in 2 alpha's). Great to annoy atlas ddc lrm boats as you decloak then LRM them...

#5 Vermin

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

yeah i snubbed the second erppc in favor of 2 streaks and a medium laser, trying to figure out how to fit 2 medium pulse lasers on in I have the weight just not the critical slots. but having one on it is a definite must so you can shut down jamming on pesky atlas'

#6 Phoenix Gray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 615 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:04 AM

View PostEarlGrey83, on 26 February 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

You will need the SSRM against other lightmechs, those are just the best weapons on the 3L in the current game enviroment. Choosing an ERPPC over to more medium lasers looks fun, hope it works for you.

Whatever you choose, don´t skip on engine size, speed is by far the most important stat on that chassis. :lol:

Speaking as a Cicada afficionado, I think he should run a 150 standard. *g*

#7 Vermin

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

well, after about 20 matches I would have to say i am in love with 1erppc, 2ssrm, 2 medium lasers, my reasoning for at least 1 erppc is so i dont have to jam enemy mechs to lock with ssrms,

that and it seems to scare the p**p out of light and medium mechs when they get smacked with ppc blasts

#8 liku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

I stupidly :wub: LOVE :wub: My 2 ERPPC raven. Speed isn't that great 120' without speedtweak, no ECM, no AMS, no Missiles (anyway i hate streaks).

I tried the 2 PPC, but each time i was using them, i encountered situations where i missed my ER. I can two Alpha before shutdown, and it's enough to leg a raven ;)

Maybe when i will hit SpeedTweaks i'll downgrade a bit the engine to conserve the same speed and them put in ECM or AMS or 2 more DHS. I really really really am mad in love of this build. When i see other light and i dont have another one with ECM, il snipe them from affar. It's basically the same build as my dragon except the gauss!!

I am a rookie pilot on raven, i unlocked all basis with craven build...but not doing that great, my best match where like 3 kill and an average damage between 120 and 250.... with a rush of adrenaline and intense concentration.

With this loadout i usually do the same, but with more fun and less tiring :ph34r:
It's so easy to run in the back and tear down that rear armor from 25m to 200 meters and drop in 2 alphas :ph34r: :)
Not to mention the 3 free module slot you get.

My "EMP raven" is lovely, and because of EMP it's all blue! :D

Edited by liku, 03 March 2013 - 05:00 PM.

#9 Charles Fornton

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:44 PM

I would consider 2ER LL. I have just swapped out my ER PPC on my Cicada and the change is huge. More damage as you can 'flick' a target at long range, more off putting to lights in close, and still a killer (KD 2.44, most kills in a match: 7). Try it, with thew eight you save you can add back the 'luxuries' such as heatsinks and AMS.

#10 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:43 AM

2 ER PPC's runs too hot on just about every mech, so I would keep it at one, or go with the tried and true 2 ER LL build.

#11 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

View Postliku, on 03 March 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

I stupidly :D LOVE :( My 2 ERPPC raven. Speed isn't that great 120' without speedtweak, no ECM, no AMS, no Missiles (anyway i hate streaks).

I tried the 2 PPC, but each time i was using them, i encountered situations where i missed my ER. I can two Alpha before shutdown, and it's enough to leg a raven :D

Maybe when i will hit SpeedTweaks i'll downgrade a bit the engine to conserve the same speed and them put in ECM or AMS or 2 more DHS. I really really really am mad in love of this build. When i see other light and i dont have another one with ECM, il snipe them from affar. It's basically the same build as my dragon except the gauss!!

I am a rookie pilot on raven, i unlocked all basis with craven build...but not doing that great, my best match where like 3 kill and an average damage between 120 and 250.... with a rush of adrenaline and intense concentration.

With this loadout i usually do the same, but with more fun and less tiring :unsure:
It's so easy to run in the back and tear down that rear armor from 25m to 200 meters and drop in 2 alphas :ph34r: ;)
Not to mention the 3 free module slot you get.

My "EMP raven" is lovely, and because of EMP it's all blue! :D

With no ECM you might as well bring the Raven 4X, at least you'll have the jump jets :D

Edited by Saxie, 14 May 2014 - 11:37 AM.

#12 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:28 AM

1 ERPPC and 2ML is what's been working wonders for me.

#13 Sylvian Le Fabre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:42 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9511da7754201b6

Perfect.

But really, if you like the Raven 3L you mix your builds on your mood.

3ML/2SSRM or Srm6
2 ERLL
2 PPC
1 PPC 2 ML
1 PPC 1 ERLL
2Pulse + SRMs

Depends on your team, your playstyle and your mood. There is no "good/bad" build. On my own i can say, i have done my 400-600 dmg (Without arty/air) with all builds. So i think they are all usable :P

#14 DireWlf

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:05 AM

Could pack a powerful punch and you can pop a quick shot and disappear. You don't get that with the 2 ERLL build. Still, harder to hit targets. Gotta be a good shot. I love my 2 ERLL sniper build, but to each his own.

#15 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:11 AM

Holy thread necro, Batman. This is a thread from almost a year back o.O

But to summarise, no. ERPPCs are NOT good weapons for RVN-3L. WAY too hot, and not enough tonnage for adequate heatsinks and speed. Better to run it on RVN-2X which can actually reduce heat to somewhat tolerable levels.

Edited by Fox With A Shotgun, 14 April 2016 - 06:11 AM.

#16 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:07 AM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 14 April 2016 - 06:11 AM, said:

Holy thread necro, Batman. This is a thread from almost a year back o.O

Check your math. Almost two years.

#17 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:46 AM

RVN-3L "IIC"
ERPPC
2 ML
2 SSRM2
ECM

Edited by Rad Hanzo, 14 April 2016 - 09:47 AM.

#18 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:02 AM

2 ERPPC on a raven? Sounds like how you make roasted bird, to me!

#19 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:16 AM

PPC... sounds fun, but that velocity speed though, need to lead the target a little unlike ERLL or LL. Hmm I might try it, have had the idea myself for some time without trying it out. Or wait.. 2 x LPL and a big xl engine.

#20 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:38 PM

View PostVermin, on 25 February 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

any opinions or should i just stick with 1 ER-PPC, 2 SSRM2, and 1 medium laser?

(with ECM and AMS)

I do like that build. however I think you can drop the AMS for more tonnage to heatrsinks and ammo, twin ER PPC's do not sound the best way to go at it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users