The Definitive Coolant/consumable/p2W Poll Thread

30 replies to this topic

Poll: The definitive coolant/consumable/P2W poll (145 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one-off constant rebuy consumables do you want or think would be good for the game?

1. Coolant Flush (35 votes [15.09%])

Percentage of vote: 15.09%

2. Artillery Strike (60 votes [25.86%])

Percentage of vote: 25.86%

3. Air Strike (58 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. None (79 votes [34.05%])

Percentage of vote: 34.05%

Do you think the suggested implementation of consumables is pay to win?

1. Yes (97 votes [66.90%])

Percentage of vote: 66.90%

2. No (33 votes [22.76%])

Percentage of vote: 22.76%

3. Not sure (15 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

Is this issue severe enough to quit the game over?

1. Yes (43 votes [29.66%])

Percentage of vote: 29.66%

2. No (20 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

3. No, but I will not be spending MC on consumables (39 votes [26.90%])

Percentage of vote: 26.90%

4. No, but I will not be buying any MC at all until this issue is resolved (24 votes [16.55%])

Percentage of vote: 16.55%

5. Not sure (19 votes [13.10%])

Percentage of vote: 13.10%

Vote

#1 vrok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:13 AM

The other poll threads sucked with leading questions and lack of options, so here it is. Please post something when you vote to keep it on the front page, it's getting drowned in **** threads.

C-Bill coolant flush is 15% + 20% for 2 module slots total. Each is used up individually.
MC coolant flush is 35% for 1 module slot. One use total.

Dev post here: http://mwomercs.com/...10-consumables/

Edited by vrok, 05 March 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#2 Drenzul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

Not that I think the devs will actually care about this....

But this is clearly P2W, its not massive but its a big difference and the start of a very slippery slope.

Make the C-bill ones do 20+25 (for 45% total) and its now balanced. 1 module slot gives more *boof* per slot but you
get more total from the C-bill ones.

#3 Enig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 594 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

This decision is P2W.

They say one thing and do another. They say everyone involved in development hates P2W games and Gold Ammo, so how did this even get past the drawing board and worse yet, into the public eye?

They are lying to us blatantly.

#4 vrok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

Maybe they'll care, maybe they won't. At least numbers are not as easily dismissed as arguments when you're extremely invested in either side of the debate.

#5 Shismar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

All consumables need to be purchasable for a reasonable amount of CBills with no additional drawbacks. Period.

This avoids all this useless P2W discussions that are really bad for business and still earns cash. I don't see the need for consumables in this game any way, I think it adds nothing, but hey! I am sure someone will love those.

#6 DeeSaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 284 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

Very good poll OP. Sadly I am outta likes for the day. Will try to add one tomorrow, if the mods won't go on a merging frenzy again in the meantime...

#7 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

I object to the notion of consumables in general, regardless of whether they are purchased by in-game or real currency. Even if its feasible to make do with CB, this heavily favors those players who have played this game to excess and have Mechs and money coming out of their ears (like myself, I suppose.) The ability to purchase new Mechs, new equipment and new permanent modules should be quite enough to keep a player involved in the economy.

I should note that in the past, I have spent money on convenience (converting Mech XP to GXP, more Mech bays) and cosmetics (camo, mostly) and I had no problem with that. I am going to reconsider spending any more. At the very least, I am going to severely limit my purchases and just use them to paint a new Mech in my chosen colors.

#8 vrok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

View PostKoshirou, on 05 March 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

I object to the notion of consumables in general, regardless of whether they are purchased by in-game or real currency. Even if its feasible to make do with CB, this heavily favors those players who have played this game to excess and have Mechs and money coming out of their ears (like myself, I suppose.) The ability to purchase new Mechs, new equipment and new permanent modules should be quite enough to keep a player involved in the economy.

This is true. It will definitely make this newbie-unfriendly game even more punishing for new players. They'll be forced to spend even more time and CB just to stay afloat, instead of actually progressing through the grind and feeling some incentive to continue playing and maybe even eventually buying MC and having fun. Trying to squeeze every last bit of cash from an unfinished product that doesn't appeal to a lot of gamers is not a recipe for long term sustainability.

Edited by vrok, 05 March 2013 - 06:24 AM.

#9 Pihb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

I don't care about P2W. That being said, the coolant flush is ******** because they completely went back on their word.

#10 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

Saw same style thread the day the YLW was dropped.. saw the same results too.

Ask this again in a week or so, after it's been tested

#11 Grand Ayatollah Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

"People freely chose from two clear options and I didn't like the results so I am posting a convoluted poll in hopes that I can make the community look more divided on the issue than it actually is."

#12 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostNarcisoldier, on 05 March 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

"People freely chose from two clear options and I didn't like the results so I am posting a convoluted poll in hopes that I can make the community look more divided on the issue than it actually is."

You can't be serious.. can you?

Glenn Beck? Is that you?

#13 Pihb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

Go back to your own thread chicken little.

#14 vrok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

Funny. First of all, if you read just a little, like even just down to my sig, you'd see that I'm fully on your side in this argument. However, your poll was biased and sucked and as such holds little value to devs and reasonable human beings. I made this one to present the numbers in an unbiased fashion so that they might actually have some use at all for the poll, instead of simply dismissing it outright as dumb. I'm not counting on it to work, but I can hope.

Currently 69% (43 vs 19) of people polled agree that this implementation of consumables is P2W. Meaning still heavily against. If it stays up and isn't ruined by mods before it gets a lot of votes it'll be something worth reading in to eventually. Unlike your poll.

Edited by vrok, 05 March 2013 - 06:44 AM.

#15 Funkadelic Mayhem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:39 AM

You dont even know the specifics or how it works and the sky is falling already? Silly kids irrational thought is for kids and teabaggers.

#16 vrok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 05 March 2013 - 06:26 AM, said:

Saw same style thread the day the YLW was dropped.. saw the same results too.

Ask this again in a week or so, after it's been tested

That's why you do one poll now, and then one poll after and compare the results.

#17 Lootee

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

Yes to all. But they need to step it up a notch. Clan mechs should be MC only and maybe sell Clan weapons and equipment that you can plug into IS mechs for MC too.

I want to see Muromets with 3 gauss rifles that can still move decently fast and carry armor because of the 9 ton savings from switching to Clan rifles. I want to see catapults with 2 ultra ac/20s. If a player has 7 or 8k MC lying around, why shouldn't they have these advantages. The rich are privileged in everything else in life and this game should be no exception.

Edited by PanchoTortilla, 05 March 2013 - 07:03 AM.

#18 vrok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

View PostPanchoTortilla, on 05 March 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

Yes to all. But they need to step it up a notch. Clan mechs should be MC only and maybe sell Clan weapons and equipment that you can plug into IS mechs for MC too.

I want to see Muromets with 3 gauss rifles that can still move decently fast and carry armor because of the 9 ton savings from switching to Clan rifles. I want to see catapults with 2 ultra ac/20s. If a player has 7 or 8k MC lying around, why shouldn't they have these advantages. The rich are privileged in everything else in life and this game should be no exception.

I'm fine with this. I won't be playing a game like this and neither will anyone I know, but hey, if that's what people/PGI want then I can't stop them.

Edited by vrok, 05 March 2013 - 07:11 AM.

#19 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

Realistically, while I loathe the notion of pay to win creeping into the game in this rather blatant fashion, it would already be there to a more limited degree anyway due to premium time even if they kept the modules the same and made them available for only Cbills. Pay real money, get a bigger reward per match, end up having more Cbills to throw at one shot items. It's already there kids, but the new model they've put forth is just sickening.

The MC version and the Cbill version NEED TO BE IDENTICAL. Also, an explanation of why they lied and tossed this kick in the bag concept in with only one day's notice would be GREAT as well.

'Hey guys, we found a way to implement coolant flush, and here's what we're thinking.' Would that have been so hard?

#20 vrok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

View PostHelsbane, on 05 March 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

Realistically, while I loathe the notion of pay to win creeping into the game in this rather blatant fashion, it would already be there to a more limited degree anyway due to premium time even if they kept the modules the same and made them available for only Cbills. Pay real money, get a bigger reward per match, end up having more Cbills to throw at one shot items. It's already there kids, but the new model they've put forth is just sickening.

I agree, this is why I'm also against consumables in general, and why R&R was removed AFAIK. At least R&R made some semblance of sense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users