Problems With Multiple Monitors While Only Using One Of Them.

10 replies to this topic

#1 Ekse

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

I'm having a really annoying problem, this has started happening recently, maybe it was in one of the recent patches.

I have a 3 screen setup, its not for gaming, I game only on the center display.

If I alt tab from the game and do something on another monitor for a few seconds, and then come back, the mouse won't stay inside the game while its in full screen.

Then if I fire a weapon and the cursor is not in game, I lose focus, I drop to desktop and I have to alt tab back into game again, that will keep happening over and over again until I get the mouse back into the game window and attempt to keep it there.

What a major pain.

#2 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Try playing in windowed mode.

#3 Ekse

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

windowed mode is even worse. I get the mouse to stay in with hitting Alt Enter a few times but the cursor is visible in game. Tried both fullscreen window and fullscreen.

#4 daPaule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

I'm having the same problem.

Just to vouch that it's not a unique problem.

greets

#5 Karl Split

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

I play windowed mode.

I have the same issue the trick it to make sure you have lost focus on the mwo game window first then click it again to 'Lock' the mouse in the window.

What i do is thus:

1. Alt tab out and surf you tube.
2. Alt tab into mwo
3. Move mouse cursor past edge of window, if I see mouse outside mwo window it needs to be locked in.
4.Click a desktop icon with the mouse cursor (I have one by mwo game window for this purpose). This loses focus on mwo game window.
5. move mouse cursor back over mwo game window and alt tab to mwo game. The cursor should now be locked into mwo.

It's basically a bug. A few years back I used to write fullscreen apps running multiple monitors on windows and windows cursor code has always been a godawful mess its easy to make these coding issues.

#6 Tuku

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 529 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

View PostKarl Split, on 08 March 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

I play windowed mode.

I have the same issue the trick it to make sure you have lost focus on the mwo game window first then click it again to 'Lock' the mouse in the window.

What i do is thus:

1. Alt tab out and surf you tube.
2. Alt tab into mwo
3. Move mouse cursor past edge of window, if I see mouse outside mwo window it needs to be locked in.
4.Click a desktop icon with the mouse cursor (I have one by mwo game window for this purpose). This loses focus on mwo game window.
5. move mouse cursor back over mwo game window and alt tab to mwo game. The cursor should now be locked into mwo.

It's basically a bug. A few years back I used to write fullscreen apps running multiple monitors on windows and windows cursor code has always been a godawful mess its easy to make these coding issues.

Holly crap man thanks for that :)

#7 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

I had the same issue - I've found that if you "click" back into MWO (either by just clicking on the game window or by clicking the mwo tab on your taskbar), your cursor can accidentally click on your desktop or one of the applications running on one of your other monitors.

If you Alt-Tab back into mechwarrior, instead of clicking in, this does not seem to happen and the cursor will be "locked" to the MWO window.

So now, when I re-enter MWO after doing some other task, I immediately Alt-Tab out of and then Alt-Tab back into MWO and I never have a problem any more.

Edited by DEMAX51, 18 April 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#8 AgroAlba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 365 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

I was having this issue for months, and it was solved when I updated my nVidia drivers to the latest version. Something worth a try!

Edited by AgroAntirrhopus, 18 April 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#9 Pinkamena Diane Pie

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 34 posts
  • LocationPonyville, EQ

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

I've had the same problem until I realized there were three options:

Windowed
Full Windowed...
..and Fullscreen

I switched to Fullscreen from Full Window and turned out okay. I hope everything turns out well for you.

Edited by Pinkamena Diane Pie, 18 April 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#10 HarmAssassin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI, USA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

I had a similar problem, until I selected "full window" mode. Now it works great with multiple monitors.

#11 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

View PostPinkamena Diane Pie, on 18 April 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

I've had the same problem until I realized there were three options:

Windowed
Full Windowed...
..and Fullscreen

I switched to Fullscreen from Full Window and turned out okay. I hope everything turns out well for you.

Full Windowed is always great for multiple monitors; in fullscreen your mouse will often "fly out" of the primary monitor if you're twitching it fast enough, which can cause your game to minimize. Nothing PGI did wrong, but just a pitfall of multiple monitors in most games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users