Being Able To Gift [Mc] Only

54 replies to this topic

Poll: Being able to gift [mc] (320 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to be able to gift [mc]?

1. Yes (257 votes [80.31%])

Percentage of vote: 80.31%

2. No (52 votes [16.25%])

Percentage of vote: 16.25%

3. Abstain (11 votes [3.44%])

Percentage of vote: 3.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Leafia Barrett

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostDarren Tyler, on 08 June 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

You are a ******* *****, do you not see what we are saying that there are problems? Why not give some one in real life money instead of risking everyone.

A friend tried this for me. It actually turned out to be a pretty big pain in the butt.

#42 ShotgunWillie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostTyphoon Storm 2142, on 06 June 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

Then give him the money. Where's the problem with that? Or transfer it to his bank account.

Convenience? Safety? Security?

In order for the friend to buy MC with money I give him, he has to drive to his bank, cash in hand, fill out a deposit slip and then make the deposit. He then has to drive home, log into his account, and make the purchase with his debit card. Additionally, there is a chance that my friend will get into a car wreck on his way to the bank. Or, my friend may be held up at gun/knife point and robbed, in which case neither of us has the money or the MC.

Bank transfer is even worse. He has to give me his bank account and routing number. I then have to call my bank, say "Hey, I need you to transfer X amount of dollars from my bank account to this other bank account". My friend then has to wait for the transfer to actually take place before he can log into his MWO account and make the purchase with his debit card. Now, I'm a pretty trustworthy guy, and I have no doubt my friends are pretty trustworthy, too, but I would never give my bank account and routing number to them, nor would I ever ask them for that info.

However, if the OP's suggestion is implemented, I can log into my own MWO account, click the button to purchase MC, select the amount of MC I want to gift, and click a button that says "This is a gift". Once I click that, I can select my friend's pilot name from my friend's list, and complete the order. My money goes to PGI, and the next time my friend logs into his MWO account, he has the MC I purchased right away without that MC ever being in my account.

#43 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

As soon as you can gift anything, account theft becomes incentivized. It ain't worth the headache for the players or the support staff.

#44 FinsT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:39 AM

No. I definitely wouldn't like to be able to gift MCs. And i definitely wouldn't like for anyone being able to, too. This leads to certain complex, yet very bad, problems for the future of this game.

Basically, just don't do it.

Besides, what exactly prevents you from giving them money? I mean, you spend money to buy MC, and then you want to send MC; why bother buying MCs yourself, when whomever you were to gift MCs to - can take your money and buy MCs himself?

P.S. I am really surprised how most people voting here are saying "yes" to this... //facepalm
P.P.S. I'm sorry to be that much disagreeing with your idea, but it's what i honestly think. I hope it's ok to say it.

#45 Death Mallet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

Absolutely not.

Worst idea ever.

#46 ElCadaver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 163 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

*BUMP*

Yes to gifting MC ffrom the point of payment only.

Christmas is coming up PGI, and I would like to ask those giving me gifts for MC instead of stupid {Scrap} like shortbread biscuits or socks.

Better Hurry up

#47 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

PGI has said no and this has been asked too many bloody times. So stop asking, because the answer will always be no. If you want to give someone MC, gift them the money through your bank or PayPal and they can buy it that way.

#48 Henry Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

Voted No. Not until better account security is put in place. Plus, that opens a whole new can of worms for account investigations and real world money. Headache isn't worth it.

#49 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

IMO there should be a free market where you can buy and sell certain items to other players for MC (not cbills though). What items would you sell? Well at the end of each match you should get salvage items... and some salvage items should be rare enough that theyre valuable. These salvage items might be used to craft modules or weapons that normally cant be purchased.

What that does is give free players a chance to obtain MC by selling items they obtain in-game. That keeps free players interested in the game by giving them access to the same benefits as paid players. Right now MWO just ****** off new players with its steep cbill grind and lack of long-term goals. That is NOT a good setup for the game.

Edited by Khobai, 09 January 2014 - 08:24 AM.

#50 Ziogualty

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 382 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

Gift shop?
No problem.
I should be able to buy MC or Mech in the Shop and then donate to a friend who's playing MWO.
WOT has ingame shop and gift option.
Steam have Shop and Gift option.

If they succeded, then why not MWO?
Just copy/paste their gift models and there should be no problem at all.

#51 Moses Lanknau

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:48 PM

yeah, but the small-mindeded ones here dont see their loss in sacrifying freedom for safty, just let them forbid to breeth, cause criminals could do so also, and its all over!

Edited by Moses Lanknau, 06 November 2014 - 02:50 PM.

#52 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:00 AM

I actually prefer gifting purchased karma koin voucher codes to my online mates.

This is a good idea. Just not right now.

#53 Ardent Haste

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTx

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:40 PM

The thought of 'gifting' MC is yes to me only because there is no way for me to spend my MC for a private match with people that don't have MC or for trading parts/pieces within my Lance Mates. I thought that was the idea behind the faction coffers - which don't work - you can put C-Bills in but can't get them out.

To make it a true 'team' effort, you need the ability to train in an area that isn't concerned with a match - ie, multiplayer training grounds which understandably would have some sort of cos associated with it.

#54 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:01 PM

We can already gift Mech Packs, why not MC. For those of us in big units it'd be nice to be able to gift MC when holding "In House" tournaments in private matches as a reward for the winner.

#55 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:10 AM

I am unsure.

if the game tracks free mc vs paid mc's then yes. otherwise, you will have this happening:

everytime PGi puts a mc paid torunament of challange on, some people will make that with multiple accounts. For a skilled pilot amongst T5 its easy to rack up high ranks in those tournaments. then transfer all Mc to the main account, "ka ching!" multiaccount mc exploit.

alos possible issues:

mc farming and selling mc.

acount theft motivation increases.

Too many bad apples just don't allow us to have these nice things.

So the best we can get, and should get is gifting mc directly via store.

Edited by Lily from animove, 13 March 2017 - 08:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users