#1 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

Throw us a bone,

PGI,

Your current course of little to no transparency and little to no communication over the future development of MWO is hurting you more than you think. Both new and long time players are leaving the game because there is no light at the end of the tunnel they can see.

They and we understand that you can’t disclose everything your working on since we all like nice surprises but this is more like the day before Christmas and looking under the tree and seeing nothing. MWO is that Christmas tree and it needs to have some Christmas presents under it that we can see so that we are reassured that we are going to be getting something.

But just like real Christmas presents we don’t have to know everything about it just a peek into what it’s going to be. So whatever work has been done on Community Warfare give us a peek at it. Tell us some of the things that are done, post a screen shot of a menu or star system, something, anything that reassures us that it is indeed coming and not just some pipe dream.

The same goes for your work on the Clans, post a screen shot of a Clan mech or concept art and give some info on what’s done to give us all hope. We are not asking for much here, just something to give us that light at the end of the tunnel. A fighting chance to let MWO succeed and not bleed players until the revenue stops and this game fails. So please, just throw us a bone……….

Edited by CutterWolf, 14 March 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#2 Tice Daurus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Do you prefer ham bone or a mutton leg bone?

#3 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,204 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Throw us some concept arts (where is mech #20?), a more comprehensive Content Roadmap, more screenshots, more Inner Sphere News (the Clans are here, where are the news?)...

#4 ciller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 486 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

The only thing I would suggest is to have some sort of community participation event, where we all vote on the next mech they work on or the next hero and its hardpoints or any number of ways they could use the community in some way that could be interesting and productive in some manner.

i always would love more transparency sure, I'd love if they did video blogs on things at PGI like whats happening at the office today, employee interviews, sneak peaks, progress updates, and other such things - I know other cool video game companies do this. Will PGI? i have some doubts but time will tell.

Typically PGI does info dumps, they get tight lipped for weeks on end and then flood you with command chair posts, annoucements and such all at once then go dry again for awhile. We are in an epically long dry spell so I am hope/predicting an equally epic info dump one of these days.

#5 Magik0012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

Unseeeeeeeen!!! ;-)

I'll shut up now.

#6 FrostCollar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

I'd like some more information on what's coming, myself. Currently we have very little idea of what exactly we can expect when, and often the best we had is a patchwork quilt of "Ask the Devs" answers and conjecture.

I'd really like to see new information on the roadmap. The lack of more information on one makes me worry about what exactly is going on inside PGI.

#7 Cerebelli

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 244 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

All of this. Every last bit of it.

#8 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostCerebelli, on 14 March 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

All of this. Every last bit of it.

qft

and can we get something better than "later this year" on CW?

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 14 March 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#9 captaincabbage

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

That Christmas tree bit is surprisingly accurate as an analogy. I feel like this game isn't really going anywhere at the moment, which I know isn't the case, but to maintain a fanbase you've gotta put at least something big on the horizon.

Frankly, being a long time Mechwarrior fan I can wait patiently for the future of this game. My worries stem from the rest of the fanbase. I want this game to really live outside of Beta, not go through an overlong development cycle without keeping the community at least partially in the loop and then fizzle out before leaving the gates.

At this point, I personally would love to hear something, anything, about the Clan invasion. I know it might be a long shot, and I know you're sick to death of people asking, but I've got my fingers crossed that we hear something soon. :blink:

#10 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

The complete lack of information is shocking to be honest.

No new map information past Tourmaline Desert, no new mech announcements in 3 months, no word on Community Warfare and no information on Clans.

This is exponentially bad on a content starved game. Free to play titles require a constant stream on content and currently all we're getting is a new mech chassis, new hero mech, new camo every month. And a new map every 2-3 months.

Considering the mech Chassis will stop implementation in July at this rate is terrible for the game. It's basically a end of life expectancy. The biggest question is why have the developers ceased sharing any and all information. We know the artwork for the new mechs are done, why not show it?

I remember back during closed beta and the big deal they were making over the PC gamer article saying it would have information on Community Warfare that turned out to be extremely vague and lacking in any firm details. We don't mind delays, all we ask is for some communication and currently the communication between the devs and player base is almost non-existant.

Some might point to the Ask the Devs series and say they are speaking with us. But to take 2 weeks to answer 10-20 questions, usually in vague or detail lacking answers isn't communication. It's a mockery of developer/player relations. Not to mention their 3 month denial of the effects of ECM on the game and now they are asking for feedback that we've been submitting over and over again during the same time frame?

I am confused, angry and worried for the state of this game and the developers. I want this game to succeed, which is why I still play it. But things on the developer end have to change. They need to engage their player base more, be more open with information and give us more detailed goals. No more monthly content updates with little or no information afterwards. The only reason we got a response to consumables was the huge outburst it created on the forums.

Which is surprising considering the ECM outburst elicited 0 response. Probably because the consumable system is tied to their pocket book more directly then the ECM/gameplay balance debate.

We want you to succeed devs, we just want to hear something substantial from you between now and then.

Edit: If I ran your Public relations branch this is how every month would go

First full week
1st Monday - Monthly developer update detailing monthly content with dates
1st Tuesday - Hero mech/new camo/bug fix patch
1st Wednesday - New wallpaper
Second full week
2nd Tuesday - bug fix/new cockpit items patch
2nd Wednesday - Twitch Developer Livestream/Playing with the fanbase, new screenshot/developer made video or developer sponsored player video
Third full week
3rd Tuesday - New mech chassis/bug fix patch
3rd Wednesday - Developer live Q&A thread, developers make a live Q&A thread and take a page of questions then lock and answer then reopen thread and continue for 1 hour.
Fourth/Final full week
4th Tuesday - bug fix patch, Letter from the Game "director" or Lead developer discussing what they're working on
4th Wednesday - new mech/map/content announcement

Just doing the above would be HUGE for the game.

Edited by Butane9000, 14 March 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#11 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

What I find disturbing and confusing is all the secrecy. Look we KNOW how, when, where, and why the Clans invade, so why do they need to be a secret? We get you are following the time-line (well at least that's what you told us) but that doesn't mean you have to follow in ComStar's steps with the complete media blackout. Same goes for CW, but I guess I understand why no news about that has come about considering y'all don't really have a clue as to what you are going to do or how to do it. Just remember this: If you screw up CW, you might as well start looking for new jobs because MWO won't pay the bills, and publishers will avoid you like you have the plague.

#12 Kell Commander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 537 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

They do give us "Ask The Dev's" but that really only helps figure out what they are NOT going to do. PGI does need to communicate better with the community. I would especially like to find out about more maps besides the desert coming next patch.

#13 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

First off I would like to thank everyone for the reply's to this thread. I can only hope that the Dev's see this and take it to heart. I'd also like to ask everyone who has not already posted a question in the Ask the Dev's 34 to go there and post this as a question. Maybe if they see it asked over and over again we can get some kind of a response.

Edited by CutterWolf, 14 March 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#14 PapaKilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 774 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Hmmm...

1. Butane says that July will bring the last announced 'Mech.
2. We KNOW the Clans are coming.

Perhaps no new announced 'Mechs isn't a coincidence?

Also...

The devs got b!tched at by us when they previously announced things and then didn't meet their announced deadlines. Now you're b!tching at them because they no longer announce stuff far in advance? We have lots of stuff that they are updating for us regularly. We just don't have definite dates. Big whoop.

#15 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostPapaKilo, on 14 March 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Hmmm...

1. Butane says that July will bring the last announced 'Mech.
2. We KNOW the Clans are coming.

Perhaps no new announced 'Mechs isn't a coincidence?

Also...

The devs got b!tched at by us when they previously announced things and then didn't meet their announced deadlines. Now you're b!tching at them because they no longer announce stuff far in advance? We have lots of stuff that they are updating for us regularly. We just don't have definite dates. Big whoop.

Sorry but wrong. We are not b!tching at them at all. I could care less about dates, what I want to see is "work done" or in progress. And no they are not giving us lots of updates and it sure as hell is not regular. And what's this, "We KNOW the Clans are coming" Really? Have you seen any art work for them? Any models? Any stats? Any weapons? Any dates? Anything at all that would confirm to us that they are indeed coming? Let me answer that for you, "NO" So how can you even make that statement? How many times have they stated they were or were not going to do something only to completely go in a different direction? So until they show us completed work or work in progress I will not take them on their word that it is indeed coming.

#16 Mister Haha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostCutterWolf, on 14 March 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

First off I would like to thank everyone for the reply's to this thread. I can only hope that the Dev's see this

lol

#17 PapaKilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 774 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

Ummm...

This is a "We're not getting enough updates" b!tching thread.

Is there nothing in the Command Chair section? I see lots of stuff there that's announced and updated regularly. Whether you like to acknowledge it or not, they are communicating with us.

One question for you, Cutter...

Since you're so distrusting now ... would you even believe them if they showed you work in progress stuff? Seems to me like you wouldn't, based on your posts in this thread ("I will not take them on their word").

And Butane...

They were like that for a while, updating us on stuff multiple times a week. Remember? Then they specifically told us they were slowing down the development/release process. That wasn't a temporary measure.

As much as we might like to see regular updates, development doesn't often go like clockwork. The stuff they're supposed to be working on (the Clans and Community Warfare) are pretty huge. Both of those will be major parts of this game -- for some, the ONLY parts.

Why are you "confused, angry, and worried" about this game? We have already gotten more than our money's worth out of it -- or at least I have. I've got this Elite account plus one Legendary, and I spent $100 on MC when it was on sale. I've spent countless hours blowing stuff up, coming up with new builds, painting 'Mechs, and simply admiring them in the 'Mech Bay.

Play this game. Live your life. Play other games. Spending your time worried about a Free-to-Play game in Beta isn't a good idea. It is, after all, JUST a game.

#18 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 527 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

They DO communicate with us about what is coming, some people just don't seem to recognise it.

There is apparently a Canyon and a Volcano map in the pipeline after Tourmaline Desert, mentioned in the first answer of Ask the Devs #32

Q: Any chance for use to see snaphot or overflight of the upcoming maps or just a overhead battle grid of those maps are a brief description of the maps similar to what listed under the maps on the website?
A: I’ll see what we can do, the maps undergo a lot of changes right up until the final two weeks of testing, so we have to be careful about releasing inaccurate information. That being said, we are currently polishing Tourmaline Desert. Canyons and Volcano are blocked in a looking amazing. Some exciting 3x3 fighting (3 routes, 3 height levels).

and they have mentioned Tanks, Aircraft and Infantry. Personally, I read this as something from CW, also from Ask the Devs #32.

Q: Any chance of non-mech vehicles in the (far) future? aircraft, tanks, powersuits, infantry?
A: Yes, but not as a pilot. Players will only ever be able to pilot a BattleMech.

Edited by BumbleBee, 14 March 2013 - 11:38 PM.

#19 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

View PostPapaKilo, on 14 March 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

Ummm...

This is a "We're not getting enough updates" b!tching thread.

Is there nothing in the Command Chair section? I see lots of stuff there that's announced and updated regularly. Whether you like to acknowledge it or not, they are communicating with us.

One question for you, Cutter...

Since you're so distrusting now ... would you even believe them if they showed you work in progress stuff? Seems to me like you wouldn't, based on your posts in this thread ("I will not take them on their word").

And Butane...

They were like that for a while, updating us on stuff multiple times a week. Remember? Then they specifically told us they were slowing down the development/release process. That wasn't a temporary measure.

As much as we might like to see regular updates, development doesn't often go like clockwork. The stuff they're supposed to be working on (the Clans and Community Warfare) are pretty huge. Both of those will be major parts of this game -- for some, the ONLY parts.

Why are you "confused, angry, and worried" about this game? We have already gotten more than our money's worth out of it -- or at least I have. I've got this Elite account plus one Legendary, and I spent $100 on MC when it was on sale. I've spent countless hours blowing stuff up, coming up with new builds, painting 'Mechs, and simply admiring them in the 'Mech Bay.

Play this game. Live your life. Play other games. Spending your time worried about a Free-to-Play game in Beta isn't a good idea. It is, after all, JUST a game.

Again, re-read my answer to you I already answered your question in it.

"Sorry but wrong. We are not b!tching at them at all. I could care less about dates, what I want to see is "work done" or in progress. And no they are not giving us lots of updates and it sure as hell is not regular. And what's this, "We KNOW the Clans are coming" Really? Have you seen any art work for them? Any models? Any stats? Any weapons? Any dates? Anything at all that would confirm to us that they are indeed coming? Let me answer that for you, "NO" So how can you even make that statement? How many times have they stated they were or were not going to do something only to completely go in a different direction? So until they show us completed work or work in progress I will not take them on their word that it is indeed coming."

Edited by CutterWolf, 17 March 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#20 Aurrous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 331 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

there are bones everywhere.. Just take the time to look for them..

Edited by Aurrous, 18 March 2013 - 05:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users