Operation:Steel Dominion wants your data!

25 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkeye 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:24 PM

Operation Steel Dominion is now in full swing

However the operation is looking to expand to give an accurate portrayal of mercenary affiliation on the forums. If you would like to have your unit added to the database, please submit/post/message your total member size.

Further details such as your lance arrangement and lance assignments would also be accepted. This data would remain out of the eyes of rival mercenary units.

Your support in the continued Shadow War is appreciated!

Mercenary Data: May 31st, 3049

Posted Image

#2 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:40 AM

Just some updated statistics with the Skjadborg and "Lucky 13th" data included. More units are welcome to submit their data for indexing. Great publicity for recruiting!

Posted Image

#3 Cold3y3s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

Currently there are five registered members of The Knights Who Say Ni on the forums.

#4 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

View PostHawk3y394, on 06 June 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

Currently there are five registered members of The Knights Who Say Ni on the forums.

Will be included in the update next week!

#5 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

BWC has [redacted for OPSEC] and [redacted for OPSEC] in each of its [redacted for OPSEC]. Furthermore, if current recruitment keeps up and we have no combat losses, we expect to have [redacted for OPSEC] and expand to [redacted for OPSEC]. Our current plan is to [redacted for OPSEC][redacted for OPSEC] [redacted for OPSEC] and [redacted for OPSEC] [redacted for OPSEC] [redacted for OPSEC] across all [redacted for OPSEC] of our [redacted for OPSEC].

Edited by Firefly, 06 June 2012 - 12:34 PM.

#6 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostFirefly, on 06 June 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

BWC has [redacted for OPSEC] and [redacted for OPSEC] in each of its [redacted for OPSEC]. Furthermore, if current recruitment keeps up and we have no combat losses, we expect to have [redacted for OPSEC] and expand to [redacted for OPSEC]. Our current plan is to [redacted for OPSEC][redacted for OPSEC] [redacted for OPSEC] and [redacted for OPSEC] [redacted for OPSEC] [redacted for OPSEC] across all [redacted for OPSEC] of our [redacted for OPSEC].

mwomercs.com/forums/topic/[REDACTED]-[REDACTED]/[REDACTED]

Spoiler

Edited by Hawkeye 72, 06 June 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#7 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostHawkeye 72, on 06 June 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

mwomercs.com/forums/topic/[REDACTED]-[REDACTED]/[REDACTED]

The link in your original post kinda negates what you're saying there.

You're basically gathering intel on troop strength and organisation. You say it's private in one place, but then you post a big pie chart with unit strengths. Now, call me crazy, but I don't think I want any of these other people - allies or not - knowing my unit's capabilities, numbers, and unit structure. It's just none of their business. Pardon me if I'm skeptical and unwilling to give up any information that could be used against us. Some of these units have a fair amount of prior-service veterans or active-duty/reserve members. I guess OPSEC went out the window when they sat down in their computer chair.

#8 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

View PostFirefly, on 07 June 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

The link in your original post kinda negates what you're saying there.

You're basically gathering intel on troop strength and organisation. You say it's private in one place, but then you post a big pie chart with unit strengths. Now, call me crazy, but I don't think I want any of these other people - allies or not - knowing my unit's capabilities, numbers, and unit structure. It's just none of their business. Pardon me if I'm skeptical and unwilling to give up any information that could be used against us. Some of these units have a fair amount of prior-service veterans or active-duty/reserve members. I guess OPSEC went out the window when they sat down in their computer chair.

LOL any additional information beyond unit strength will be kept from prying eyes. Unit strength alone will be the only statistics I will publicly display :ph34r:

#9 Curon Hifor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationMy Enforcer

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

I share my commander's skepticism.

If additional information (beyond mere numerical strength) is kept secret from public display, why collect it at all?

#10 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

View PostHawkeye 72, on 07 June 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

Unit strength alone will be the only statistics I will publicly display :P

It's still information that can be used. To me, knowing a unit's strength tells me enough to know, at the very least, whether or not I want to tangle with a unit and, if so, how many warriors do I want to bring with me. The game may be 12v12, but if I have 96 people that's eight different matches I can fill up. It means that our best 12 will be against your best 12. If you have other pilots that aren't in that match, they'll be in another match. So our next-best 12 will be against your second-string 12. Again, knowing how many simultaneous matches you can run...

EDIT:
F*k it, if you can't understand this concept then I'm going to laugh when you get targeted because someone socially-engineered their way into your private information. More to the point I'll probably helping steamroll your group because watching people cry and get butthurt about receiving a beatdown in their serious game is hilarious.

Edited by Firefly, 11 June 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#11 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:26 AM

Battletech is srs bznis.

Up to 93 there Hawkeye.

3 Battalions, 3 Companies each currently, expanding to 4 before long to make it a Reinforced Regiment. 1 Company per Battalion is GMT. I'm more than happy to share that info with our potential competition. :lol:

Edited by Dihm, 08 June 2012 - 07:29 AM.

#12 swamp hag

• WC 2017 Participant
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

The Steel Jaguars currently stand at 22 pilots.

Edited by Glory, 09 June 2012 - 01:35 PM.

#13 Trevnor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,085 posts
  • LocationSkjaldborg HQ, Rasalhague, Rasalhague Province[Canada]

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

Also, numbers don't really mean all that much. Sure, the more in number a unit is, the more likely it would be to hard to fight against it, but numbers don't equate how effective they are in combat. Could have a merc unit of 130 be beaten by a unit consisting of 30, depending on caliber of player. :lol:

Also, he's only asking for numbers here, not what you plan on doing in the future.

#14 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:49 AM

View PostLt Trevnor, on 08 June 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

Also, numbers don't really mean all that much. Sure, the more in number a unit is, the more likely it would be to hard to fight against it, but numbers don't equate how effective they are in combat. Could have a merc unit of 130 be beaten by a unit consisting of 30, depending on caliber of player. :lol:

Especially since matches are limited to 12v12.

#15 Tuonela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

View PostDihm, on 08 June 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

Especially since matches are limited to 12v12.

Yes, I'm confused how knowing the overall strenght of a regiment has any correlation to actual fighting within MWO. As long as the regiment has 12 members, you can expect to fight 12 mechs.... aside from that, what information could the enemy ascertain that would give them any sort of tactical or strategic advantage?

#16 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:31 AM

The Rogue's Armoured Irregulars currently stand at a full company, expecting to add a second company before the Founder's entry, if we could be added :D

#17 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

Updated 6/20

Posted Image

#18 Diligent Gravy

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 62 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

Wish my old group was going to play MWO but sadly they do not, nor have I seen any of them :huh: will have to go and find another group to play with.

DG

Edited by Diligent Gravy, 20 June 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#19 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

Just to alert you Hawkeye, the dark Sabres currently have 23 members in the US branch. And several more in the UK but I don't have access to those numbers right now. I'll come back with an update.

#20 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostTeam Leader, on 20 June 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

Just to alert you Hawkeye, the dark Sabres currently have 23 members in the US branch. And several more in the UK but I don't have access to those numbers right now. I'll come back with an update.

Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users