#1 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:44 AM

Posted Image

THE BLAZING ACES ARE NOW RECRUITING!

The premiere MechWarrior: Online mercenary unit is now hiring in all four suits for both our North American and European Union teams. If the Blazing Aces sound right for you, stop by our website at http://www.blazingaces.info and send us an application!

The Aces were founded at the creation of NBT: Mercenaries by the pilots who previously operated the NBT4 Free Worlds League as the 1st Gold Knights. The units history is expanded upon from the original Blazing Aces of MechWarrior fame and includes everything from our unique Suit divisional system to our long running color schemes.

Since then, we have kept the Blazing Aces name and mercenary spirit across countless games, waiting for a new incarnation of MechWarrior. Needless to say, we founded the unit immediately upon the beginning of MW:O's closed beta.

In MW:O the Aces have seen more than their share of success, with a reputation for having some of the best specialized pilots out there today. With Community Warfare's early stages set to occur in the next few months, we have decided to open our recruitment in all Suits.

Our current unit goal is to focus on inclusive training, which includes a willingness to train green pilots that have a serious interest in the game and show a compatible personality with the unit as a whole. We would like to both increase our numbers, and insure that each pilot that joins the Aces gets the attention and training they deserve.

It is worth noting that both the North American and European Union division are now hiring! We will also not turn away pilots with unusual time zones or schedules; we are very flexible in this regard. NA pilots more compatible with EU time are welcomed to apply for EU and vice versa, as well.

THE ACE RANKING STRUCTURE

ACE - The Aces are the highest command rank in the Blazing Aces. Aces can run divisions or be assigned to non-command duty such as Technical Achievements.

KING - Kings are the second highest rank. There is one King at the head of each Suit as it's commander in the North American division, and one King in charge of all suits in the EU.

JACK - Jacks are first command rank where a pilot is given administrative and training duties. Like Kings, Jacks often also lead drops and lances.

2 - 10 - As a pilot's rank increases from 2 (the beginning rank for full members) to 10, typically based on their performance and progress, so do their command possibilities. Pilots in the upper range of these ranks are often looked to as Lance and even Drop commanders.

Joker - Jokers are pilots that drop with the Aces but are not yet full members. These include cadets and trainees, friends and family and sometimes even allies.

ABOUT THE SUITS

Every pilot that joins the Aces is assigned to a suit, other than those ranked as Ace. Pilots aren't forced to exclusively drive 'mechs configured for their chosen suit, but they do train extensively in their chosen area of specialization.

Posted Image

The Clubs act as the Blazing Aces close range punch. Club pilots drive 'mechs that hit the heaviest in close to medium ranges. SRMs, Lasers and large Autocannons are common Club weapons, but don't expect them to be defenseless at a distance; they also specialize in using long range weapons in as closely as possible, giving them flexibility in any configuration.

If you like brawling in any weight class from heavy hitting mediums to unkillable assault 'mechs, try The Clubs.

Posted Image

The Hearts are the backbone of the Aces, and one of the most well staffed suits. Heart pilots serve two roles. The first is to offer flexibility on the battlefield by focusing on weapons that can fight effectively at any distance or powerful bracketed 'mechs. The second is to provide a drop commander the option of having "Heavy Cavalry," with Heart pilots often favoring fast moving 'mechs in multiple weight classes. The Hearts truly can do whatever is needed of them.

If you enjoy piloting fast/jumping mediums-assaults, prefer flexible weapons such as Lasers, PPCs and Gauss, or feel most confident when sporting weapons for multiple range brackets, The Hearts might be for you.

Posted Image
The Diamonds are focused on one thing, and that's long range punch. ER PPCs and Lasers, LRMs, Gauss, Light Autocannons - they can be found on Diamond 'mechs of every weight class. The Diamonds are equally known for fielding slow moving damage powerhouses as they are fast moving jump snipers and high speed flanker missile boats.

Much like The Clubs, the Diamonds focus on training how to use long range weapons in the very minimal possible distances, as well as optimal damage distances that may not take full advantage of the distance. Unlike the Clubs, the Diamonds do not tend to carry many close range weapons aside from some support weapons such as Medium Lasers or SRMs. Some Diamond pilots do, of course, field close range designs on occasion but always have a long range 'mech lined up and ready to drop.

If you enjoy keeping your distance and acting as either fire support or a sniper, or you enjoy making heavy use of jump jets for quick snipe shots, The Diamonds might be the right Suit for you.

Posted Image

The Spades are not only the eyes and ears of the Aces, but also our premiere counter-intelligence pilots, focusing on shutting down enemy recon before it has a chance to gain useful intel. Spades are experts at misdirection and striking defenseless objectives when it's least expected.

While the Spades almost exclusively favor ECM equipped lights and high speed mediums, don't let that fool you. Many Spades double as accomplished assault pilots, and can offer services of providing more heavily armored electronic warfare when needed.

If you enjoy piloting lights, have a mind for stealth and strategy and know sometimes running from a battle wins the war, the Spades might be for you.

CONTACTING US

If you're looking to contact the Aces for a reason other than recruitment, please contact us at BlazingAcesHPG@Gmail.com. If you are seeking information about an alliance/contract with us or a skirmish, please also check out our website at http://blazingaces.info and PM me for access to our Allied Forums.

We will be checking the thread if you'd like to post here, and welcome you to do so! However, I may be slow responding to PMs on the MW:O website as I often check in while not signed in. PMs at our website will be responded to immediately.

Edited by Victor Morson, 25 March 2013 - 03:20 AM.

#2 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:06 AM

I would like to announce that we'll be doing a Recruitment Drive this Friday at 6:30PM PST for the North American division (EU should contact me for an alternative time). During this time, Blazing Aces veteran pilots will be dropping with and evaluating potential recruits.

If you are interested, simply head over to our website and submit an application and include the word FRIDAY in the subject header, and we'll make sure to get you into an evaluation group.

I hope to see some new faces this weekend!

NOTE: If you can't make Friday, feel free to submit an app. We have other practice days and may be adding more in the near future, plus have pilots readily available throughout the week. You will still be fully considered.

#3 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

The EU Division has also announced an open house recruitment drive with the same guidelines as above for 19:00 GMT. Make sure to post the word FRIDAY in your application header in the EU Recruitment Forums!

If you are active in EU prime time and are interested in the Aces, we look forward to seeing you!

#4 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:20 AM

Looking forward to seeing some new faces, sign up and suit up!

#5 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

Yep, the same goes for me Capper.

Nice forum sig by the way, I seriously need to update mine!

#6 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

Recruitment Open House on Good Friday 19.00 GMT and 18.30 PST... visit our site and post FRIDAY in the message heading for your post.

#7 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

Just under 3 hours to get things started, still plenty of time to head over to http://blazingaces.info forum and get in on the action!

#8 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

In the process of adding the .NET domain to augment our .INFO domain, it looks like we might have temporarily knocked out website offline. It should be back very soon, we're working to fix it! Drop me a PM if you would like to get into our open house tonight and I will send you all necessary information.

Again, sorry for the technical difficulties!

#9 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Website back online! Thanks for the patience.

#10 Blackfire87

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Friendly bump!! How is everyone doing?

#11 Anthony Donato

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationMcKinney, Texas

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Hey Blackfire, good to see you! Hope all is well with you guys too.

<<and Bumb>>

#12 Bad Karma1775

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationHouma, LA

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Miss a lot of you guys! Just FYI pilots these guys are good peeps!!! They are also very very good!!! Defiantly check these guys out. One day I am going to beat bloody moon!!! Lol sniping little ******* lmao!!!

Bump bump bump

Bump!

Bump!

#13 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:39 AM

Thanking the Blackstone guys with another bump...

#14 Anthony Donato

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationMcKinney, Texas

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Good to see you too Karma!

#15 Genosse

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:29 AM

Tank you guys for the friendly bumps.

#16 Genosse

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

Up, up, up we go!

#17 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

View PostBad Karma1775, on 31 March 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

Miss a lot of you guys! Just FYI pilots these guys are good peeps!!! They are also very very good!!! Defiantly check these guys out. One day I am going to beat bloody moon!!! Lol sniping little ******* lmao!!!

Bump bump bump

Bump!

Bump!

Thank you for the kind words, Bad Karma!

#18 Bad Karma1775

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationHouma, LA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

Nothing to thank me for - everything I said was true - your a fun bunch and deadly!!!!

#19 Genosse

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

Pushing it upwards.

#20 Bad Karma1775

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationHouma, LA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

Bump cause I got to play with yall today by accident. Oh and against you but we wont talk about that one. Who knew if I shot at you you guys would blow my mech up. Just rude. LOL :D :blink:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users