Be interested in joining when this thing launches...Coolant/RGMU_Corrine

#42 CFM Nitehawk

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBilllings, MT

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:36 PM

CFM Nitehawk here!

Just stopping in to say hello! I see many familiar names here from the NBT4 days!

<salute>

#43 WM CyberWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 199 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:58 AM

Hail Focht!
Nice page BTW :)

View Post[CG]Anastasius Focht, on 18 November 2011 - 03:13 PM, said:

Widowmakers can also be accessed via WWW.HPGRelay.com

Good to see you are still playing Cyber :D

#44 WM CyberWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 199 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:00 AM

Sounds great Coolant! I'll have the techs start working on your Mech bay :)

View PostCoolant, on 20 November 2011 - 11:19 AM, said:

Be interested in joining when this thing launches...Coolant/RGMU_Corrine

#45 WM CyberWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 199 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:02 AM

Hail Nighthawk,
Roger that friend! Looking forward to more great times like we had in NBT!

View PostCFM Nitehawk, on 20 November 2011 - 12:36 PM, said:

CFM Nitehawk here!

Just stopping in to say hello! I see many familiar names here from the NBT4 days!

<salute>

#46 Kristof Bowen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:39 PM

Hey I know these guys.

#47 WM CyberWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 199 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:11 AM

Hail Kristof!!
Good to see ya bud!
~ CyberWolf

View PostKristof Bowen, on 21 November 2011 - 01:39 PM, said:

Hey I know these guys.

#48 SaberCut Moffat

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:05 PM

Hey guys, I got a question:

Since the timeline at release is going to be BEFORE the clan invasions, and I still haven't seen anything definite from the devs (maybe from lack of research) about the clans eventually being available as a player faction, what are the plans for our release unit? House? Merc? And which particular unit will we use as our 'Inner Sphere Impression' unit? Maybe this is a good topic for a poll......just thought I would table this.

#49 Adian HDragon Vordermark

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:50 PM

View PostSaberCut Moffat, on 24 November 2011 - 01:05 PM, said:

Hey guys, I got a question:

Since the timeline at release is going to be BEFORE the clan invasions, and I still haven't seen anything definite from the devs (maybe from lack of research) about the clans eventually being available as a player faction, what are the plans for our release unit? House? Merc? And which particular unit will we use as our 'Inner Sphere Impression' unit? Maybe this is a good topic for a poll......just thought I would table this.

Of course nothing is set ATM, as no one knows what the game will entail, but if possible, the Widowmakers are a CLAN unit. So if they release all 20 clans into the game, we will most likely try and stay true to that. However, with out knowing more than what we do, anything is up for grabs.

We do hope that all 20 Clans will be added and have the ability to have at least a way of playing the Clan timelines for each clan. Perhaps a grind for each clan in the history of its own timetable. There was aproximatly 20-25 years of Clans before Operation Klondike. Operation Klondike took like 1.5 years to retake the Pentagon Worlds. About 1-5 Years of Timeline until the Annihilation of the Wolverines "Not Named Clan" after the end of Operation Klondike. And around 15-20 years (Roughly) before Clan Widowmakers Absorbtion into Clan Wolf, so there is ALOT of room for playing any clan in the game. But it really depends on how MUCH of the game is actually released, and how much is planned.

Keep your Fingers Crossed, I know I am ;)

Edited by Adian HDragon Vordermark, 24 November 2011 - 02:57 PM.

#50 Shepherd

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:09 AM

Too early to say how things will pan out. Maybe a simple solution is to call ourselves simply "The Widowmakers" that way it could be an IS Merc unit (which is what all player-made groups will be at launch) or the clan itself when the time comes (surprise! We're not IS at all! Suckers! We pulled a Wolfs Dragoons on you all!). But I bet nobody is going to get to be "clan wolf" or "House Kurita," but rather will be a unit that can swear loyalty to any of the established nations/powers.

I wonder if they're going to do a bit of creative hand waving and have the clans use the player merc groups the same way the IS states use merc groups? Granted I'm guessing alot here, but my take is that a player can be a free agent who chooses to be loyal to a particular house. When that player plays, his victories count for that house. Or players can band together as a Merc outfit and can take jobs for either a particular house or any old house as they wish. So why couldn't a player-run merc outfit swear themselves to a clan and fight under their banner? Sure it's unclanlike to hire Mercs, but if people walk up to the clans and say "hey, I want to be a part of what you are" it's clanlike to integrate them into the clan.

Just my musings.

#51 SaberCut Moffat

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

'Nother question. Since we are a ways off from release, and it has been a while since NBT:HC was resolved/shut down/moved/whatever, are any of you guys playing some form of MW/BT somewhere? I recently rediscovered the MekTek website and downloaded/installed Mechwarriors 4 Mp3.1. The installation went 'somewhat' smoothly, and I saw signs of life in the servers. I figured I could start playing that again to get my reflexes honed again, and scratch the MW itch that MWO has awakened. Maybe we could start playing as a unit in there to get back in shape if you guys would like. Just a thought....

http://www.mektek.ne...-play-mw4mercs/

#52 TheRhino

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:47 AM

Hail WidowMakers,

Rhino here.. glad to see you all,

#53 Snake4

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:57 AM

Greetings Rhino,
Its been a while.

#54 Adian HDragon Vordermark

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

Heya Rhino, Snake. Good to see you guys.!!

#55 WM CyberWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 199 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

SaberCut Moffat,
We did alot of MekTek's MW that kinda died out, in my view due to lack of a good planetary league, a few WidowMakers are playing
MechWarrior: Living Legends

View PostSaberCut Moffat, on 25 November 2011 - 09:58 AM, said:

'Nother question. Since we are a ways off from release, and it has been a while since NBT:HC was resolved/shut down/moved/whatever, are any of you guys playing some form of MW/BT somewhere? I recently rediscovered the MekTek website and downloaded/installed Mechwarriors 4 Mp3.1. The installation went 'somewhat' smoothly, and I saw signs of life in the servers. I figured I could start playing that again to get my reflexes honed again, and scratch the MW itch that MWO has awakened. Maybe we could start playing as a unit in there to get back in shape if you guys would like. Just a thought....

http://www.mektek.ne...-play-mw4mercs/

#56 WM CyberWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 199 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

Rhino!!
Your still kicking!! :)

View PostTheRhino, on 25 November 2011 - 11:47 AM, said:

Hail WidowMakers,

Rhino here.. glad to see you all,

#57 Snake4

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

Yeah I gotta see if I can get My Living Legends working again. I would probably still be playing mekteks MW but it stopped working on my system. and I have tried everything shy of erasing my hard drive...although i do only have 300 gb of my TB hardrive left. Mabye a fresh formate would do my system wonders. Mabye windows would start reading the cd's I put in my CD ROM.

#58 Kristof Bowen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:48 PM

Ouch Snake, that isn't good that your CD-ROM doesn't read CDs.

You may have bigger issues then Mercs.

#59 Ion Raptor

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 35 posts
  • LocationYoungstown, Ohio

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

Ion Raptor here, I said I'd be back when a new game came out and I intend to make good on that promise. Good to see the Widowmakers again

#60 Tolrath

• Pip
  • Menig
  • Menig
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

Not sure if these are the same guys I played with back in the day, but I belonged to the WM's in the old Astral Dominion League during MW2: Mercs on the Kali network. My memory fails me at times but I believe I went by the Callsign: Theoricus (Theo for short). I will be going by Tolrath from henceforth and would love to sign up if this was the same group of nutz I played with before. LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users