Pgi Highlander Tournament: There Can Be Only One!

8 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkeye 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Dear PGI,

Given the abundance of references to the 1986 cult classic film, featuring Christopher Lambert as Connor MacLeod, the immortal warrior, I feel the following suggestion is only natural. You have bestowed upon the community another golden opportunity by releasing the Highlander battlemech, and therefore I feel it is only natural that you hold a tournament that honors the spirit of a battle to the death between immortals! I feel this is an idea many mechwarriors will be able to identify with, and truly embodies the ruthlessness of the Inner Sphere. Also the movie had Sean Connery...I mean, come on!

Competition rules: You many only use a Highlander battlemech (all variants are welcome), and the only kills that count towards your global rankings are those of other Highlander battlemechs. You earn bonus points towards your global score for headshots, as the only way to truly kill a Highlander is decapitation.

Now go forth and make this happen!

Posted Image

Edited by Hawkeye 72, 02 April 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#2 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Bump for Justice.

#3 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Posted Image

#4 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

They need to give double points if you are within 50m of the enemy Highlander when you head shot it (so you can absorb its powers).

Edit: alternatively, give each Highlander 10 points. If you get head shot by an enemy Highlander, he takes your points (you have 0 and he has 20). If two such victorious Highlanders fight and one head shots the other, it goes to 40 points and the deceased goes to 0. The tournament winner is the Highlander who ends the play period with the most points.

Edit edit: if doing the above, consider giving 1 points per Highlander-on-Highlander kill and only transfer points if one Highlander head shots another (this would let players build up a small reserve of points, which would give them something by which to rank them).

Edited by Levi Porphyrogenitus, 02 April 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#5 BrigandHarrier

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

lol penguin that christopher lambert head on a highlander made me rofl

#6 Chunkylad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 295 posts
  • LocationIn a place called reality.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostMrPenguin, on 02 April 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

Posted Image

Someone please headshot this XD

Can't stop laughing every time I look at this pic too

Edited by Chunkylad, 02 April 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#7 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

I'm in!!! Highlander only event, with $10'000 cash prize, bring it on!!

#8 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 02 April 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

They need to give double points if you are within 50m of the enemy Highlander when you head shot it (so you can absorb its powers).

Edit: alternatively, give each Highlander 10 points. If you get head shot by an enemy Highlander, he takes your points (you have 0 and he has 20). If two such victorious Highlanders fight and one head shots the other, it goes to 40 points and the deceased goes to 0. The tournament winner is the Highlander who ends the play period with the most points.

Edit edit: if doing the above, consider giving 1 points per Highlander-on-Highlander kill and only transfer points if one Highlander head shots another (this would let players build up a small reserve of points, which would give them something by which to rank them).

The only difficulty with this is figuring out how to track this, if PGI doesn't host this tournament itself.

View PostMrPenguin, on 02 April 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

Posted Image

So. Much. Win.

#9 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

It's only failed because of all the other s-storms on the forums right now. I'll participate in this tournament! I say we make it a player run tournament for the summer!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users