16 replies to this topic

#1 SirLANsalot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

So every time I see someone spouting out that consumables are P2W or that the MC ones are better then the C-bill ones....I just face palm.

So thus this thread was made to hopefully correct the idiotcrocy of some people, and others to fail on comprehending simple concepts.

1. PGI is making this game Pay for Convenience. This means that you can pay XX MC to "skip the grind" and get your mechs or modules you want now instead of after 8billion matches.

2. Since this is a Pay for Convenience game, this means that certain modules will be (at the start) weaker then the MC variants. Example is the coolant flush modules. The "cool shot 6" is the base model, and cannot be upgraded or touched in any way as such it is the cheapest. The "cool shot 9" is basically the +1 of the 6 and dose a better job of cooling your mech. This CS9 can be upgraded to a CS9x9 (for 15k GXP) which doubles the effectiveness of the normal CS9. There is also a MC version that is the CS18, this module is the same as the upgraded CS9x9. So if you don't have the GXP to upgrade to a CS9x9 (but you want to use it) you can instead use the CS18. That is the P4C part of the game in action.

3. This principle also applies to the new airstrike and artillery modules as well. You can upgrade them to the MC versions for 15k GXP, but you cannot mix the two together (so no MC and cbill ones on the same mech).

Hope that clears it up for some.

#2 jeffsw6

• 1,258 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY (suburbs)

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostSirLANsalot, on 03 April 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

1. PGI is making this game Pay for Convenience.

They have earned my money. I do hope that the game doesn't have as many bugs today as it did yesterday, though. That was pretty inconvenient!

#3 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

To many people P2W means 'there are things only available for real money.' This is of course NOT the definition of P2W. But they figure if they QQ enough then PGI will just give everything away fro free, until they go out of business that is. :)

#4 S3dition

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

So every time I see someone spouting out that consumables are P2W or that the MC ones are better then the C-bill ones....I just face palm.

So thus this thread was made to hopefully correct the idiotcrocy of some people, and others to fail on comprehending simple concepts.

1. PGI is making this game Pay for Convenience. This means that you can pay XX MC to "skip the grind" and get your mechs or modules you want now instead of after 8billion matches.

2. Since this is a Pay for Convenience game, this means that certain modules will be (at the start) weaker then the MC variants. Example is the coolant flush modules. The "cool shot 6" is the base model, and cannot be upgraded or touched in any way as such it is the cheapest. The "cool shot 9" is basically the +1 of the 6 and dose a better job of cooling your mech. This CS9 can be upgraded to a CS9x9 (for 15k GXP) which doubles the effectiveness of the normal CS9. There is also a MC version that is the CS18, this module is the same as the upgraded CS9x9. So if you don't have the GXP to upgrade to a CS9x9 (but you want to use it) you can instead use the CS18. That is the P4C part of the game in action.

3. This principle also applies to the new airstrike and artillery modules as well. You can upgrade them to the MC versions for 15k GXP, but you cannot mix the two together (so no MC and cbill ones on the same mech).

Hope that clears it up for some.

The MC versions ARE better. My gripe is that the MC only versions have a lower delay than the cbill versions, thereby allowing people to pay for an advantage. This should have been avoided, but it's too late now.

#5 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostS3dition, on 03 April 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

The MC versions ARE better. My gripe is that the MC only versions have a lower delay than the cbill versions, thereby allowing people to pay for an advantage. This should have been avoided, but it's too late now.

But you can upgrade the Cbill versions to be EXACTLY THE SAME AS MC VERSIONS by buying the modules (which cost GXP and Cbills- both of which are gained by just playing).

#6 DCLXVI

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

for what it is, not the biggest difference in the world and I doubt you will be the victim of a consumable very often. well I cant think of many players id waste 15mc on >:)

#7 Noobzorz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Is anyone seriously still talking about this? What was the need for this topic?

I've been on the forums or in game every minute today that I wasn't setting up regressions, and I have not seen this complaint made a single time.

Everyone Most people agrees the new consumables format is fine. Let's not make this a thing again.

Edit: Ok, everyone but S3dition.

Edited by Noobzorz, 03 April 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#8 SirLANsalot

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostS3dition, on 03 April 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

Re read the post...and try again.

#9 S3dition

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostDavers, on 03 April 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

But you can upgrade the Cbill versions to be EXACTLY THE SAME AS MC VERSIONS by buying the modules (which cost GXP and Cbills- both of which are gained by just playing).

Source? The last version I saw put the MC version several seconds faster than the priority version.

#10 matux

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 584 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Paying people to clean your house when you move out of a rental house is Pay 2 win, nerf cleaners.

#11 Prathios

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

idiotcrocy

*FACE PALM*

I don't disagree with you, but the irony, oh the irony.

#12 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostS3dition, on 03 April 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

Source? The last version I saw put the MC version several seconds faster than the priority version.

- Artillery Strike
- Calls in a barrage of long range artillery.
- Press [Home] to target the area under your crosshairs with an artillery strike.
- After a 5 second delay, 6 shells drop into a 50 m radius around the targeted area. Each shell does 10 points of damage.
- Consumed on use.
- Cannot be equipped to a Mech that already contains an Artillery Strike, Improved Artillery Strike, or Priority Artillery Strike module.
- Upgradable to Improved Artillery Strike.

- Priority Artillery Strike
- Calls in a barrage of long range artillery.
- Press [Home] to target the area under your crosshairs with an artillery strike.
- After a 4 second delay, 10 shells drop into a 50 m radius around the targeted area. Each shell does 10 points of damage.
- Consumed on use.
- Cannot be equipped to a Mech that already contains an Artillery Strike, Improved Artillery Strike, or Priority Artillery Strike module.

- Air Strike
- Calls in a fighter air strike on a targeted zone.
- Press [End] to target the area under your crosshairs with an air strike.
- After a 5 second delay, 6 bombs drop along a 100 m strip, starting at the targeted area and moving away from your location when you activated the strike. Each bomb does 10 points of damage.
- Consumed on use.
- Cannot be equipped to a Mech that already contains an Air Strike, Improved Air Strike, or Priority Air Strike module.
- Upgradable to Improved Air Strike

- Priority Air Strike
- Calls in a fighter air strike on a targeted zone.
- Press [End] to target the area under your crosshairs with an air strike.
- After a 4 second delay, 10 bombs drop along a 100 m strip, starting at the targeted area and moving away from your location when you activated the strike. Each bomb does 10 points of damage.
- Consumed on use.
- Cannot be equipped to a Mech that already contains an Air Strike, Improved Air Strike, or Priority Air Strike module.

New Consumable Module Upgrades:

- Improved Artillery Strike
- Upgrades the Artillery Strike module.
- Increases artillery shell count by 4, and decreases flight time by 1 second.
- Does not need to be equipped to a BattleMech.

- Improved Air Strike
- Upgrades the Air Strike module.
- Increases air strike bomb count by 4, and decreases flight time by 1 second.
- Does not need to be equipped to a BattleMech.

Edited by Davers, 03 April 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#13 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

"Idiotcrocy"

And here's where the whole stones and glass houses thing comes into play.

If you're going to call someone stupid, please don't misspell an imaginary word.

What you were TRYING for was "Idiocracy" which was a word made up by Bevis and Butthead creator Mike Judge as the title for a movie. What you WANTED to say was "idocy" which is the word that mean "extremely foolish or stupid behavior".

Edited by LauLiao, 03 April 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#14 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostLauLiao, on 03 April 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

"idocy"

Dude... worst place for a typo.

Irony levels critical, shutdown sequence initiated.

#15 repete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 522 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

View PostDavers, on 03 April 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

To many people P2W means 'there are things only available for real money.' This is of course NOT the definition of P2W. But they figure if they QQ enough then PGI will just give everything away fro free, until they go out of business that is. :)

You outline what you believe P2W* isn't, but you don't outline what your define P2W as. Care to clarify?

* Which mostly fits my definition of P2W - You forgot "...which can give an advantage over players who do not have access to that item".

#16 Drenzul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

To be P2W a game must have items that are not available through game-play that give an advantage over players only equipped with items available through game-play.

A good example of this are gold shells in WoT, they gave a clear advantage to any player using them.

If a hero mech was the best mech in the game performance wise, that would be P2W, the closest we have is the X-5 which while good and different from other cicadas, is no more powerful.

#17 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

I would define it as "Items that give a clear cut statistical advantage that are only available through cash purchases."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users