#1 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

of course, had to use the JagerMech since the Spider can't mount 6 Ballistics that I know of (future Hero give away?). Also had to hide :D the word "Machine Gun" so them pesky Devs didn't catch me...... :P

48 seconds. Against a totally stationary target, not returning fire, nor being assisted...in the back.

Yup...buffing them would ruin the whole game.

#2 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 607 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Thats so OP, they should nerf them instead.

Seriously, MG's that make people unable to move or turn around so they get cored in the back? I'm surprised nobody else managed to make this work so well.

Show us your secret?

#3 Royalewithcheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

OH **** I THOUGHT THAT THING WAS A MYTH

Hide your Atlas everyone.

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostCryll Ankiseth, on 09 April 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

Thats so OP, they should nerf them instead.

Seriously, MG's that make people unable to move or turn around so they get cored in the back? I'm surprised nobody else managed to make this work so well.

Show us your secret?

yes, instead of damage, they have a temporary "stun" meta added, to help make them useful..think a paralytic .....

#5 Psikez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

I'm glad for their sweet crit buff bonus so it only took a mere 5 seconds to put 2 medium lasers out of play

#6 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Put a couple ER PPCs on it and I'm actually running that build.

#7 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

heh...me too....

#8 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 09 April 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

Put a couple ER PPCs on it and I'm actually running that build.

was considering it myself for when I buy that variant!

#9 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

It's fun :D I'm having a blast with it
315 XL and like 6 tons of MG ammo, fill the rest with DHS

#10 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

I still love the sound effect.

The crit boost is better than nothing but they're still effectively worthless

5 seconds of sustained fire on one location to get out 2 10 HP items? you could've crushed any freaking section in that amount of time

#11 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

Against armor, MGs are pretty much...bleh..unless your target is really really slow..and I mean mentally.

Strip that armor with another weapon, something really nasty like a small laser and THEN..you'll see how deadly those MGs can be.

2 Spiders, my 5D and a buddy's K loaded with MGs and ammo, running around together. I stripped the armor, he went to work on the exposed internals. He got 5 kills using nothing but MGs.

They work if you use them as PGI has told us to use them, on exposed internals..just..uh..don't aim for CT unless they've got ammo stored there, cause there's nothing to crit there currently.

#12 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 09 April 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

Against armor, MGs are pretty much...bleh..unless your target is really really slow..and I mean mentally.

Strip that armor with another weapon, something really nasty like a small laser and THEN..you'll see how deadly those MGs can be.

2 Spiders, my 5D and a buddy's K loaded with MGs and ammo, running around together. I stripped the armor, he went to work on the exposed internals. He got 5 kills using nothing but MGs.

They work if you use them as PGI has told us to use them, on exposed internals..just..uh..don't aim for CT unless they've got ammo stored there, cause there's nothing to crit there currently.

I find your anecdote amusing

#13 Shazarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 525 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

I imagine that Atlas must've been like...stop it. You're tickling me. No really, cut it out.

#14 FrostCollar

• 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

This is the main issue. I charge that if you both were in 5Ds would would have been more effective. Remember, the MG does no extra damage to structure, only to components. In addition, it's recently been confirmed that not only does ammo have 10 HP but that if you destroy it the chance that it detonates is only 10%, so relying on ammo explosions for damage is not playing the odds.

#15 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 April 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

of course, had to use the JagerMech since the Spider can't mount 6 Ballistics that I know of (future Hero give away?). Also had to hide :D the word "Machine Gun" so them pesky Devs didn't catch me...... :P

48 seconds. Against a totally stationary target, not returning fire, nor being assisted...in the back.

Yup...buffing them would ruin the whole game.

That Atlas lost its two CT Medium Lasers at 1 second and 2 seconds after the armor was gone. Machine Guns are not supposed to do outright damage, they are to rip up internal components (items). Whenever they actually get around to implementing critical hits for Engines and Gyros (not to mention actuators, cockpit, life support, and sensors), they will be even deadlier, without buffing damage.

The way you are supposed to use MGs is to wait until someone opens up the armor on the hit location and exposes the internal structure. THEN, go in with your MGs and rip up the internal components. You are not going to do outright damage with MGs. You will take away all their weapons and equipment in that location very fast with them. And again, if/when they ever get around to actually having Engines and Gyros and Sensors, etc. take critical hits they will be a LOT more effective.

Edited by DirePhoenix, 09 April 2013 - 04:56 PM.

#16 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

yes...so as long as we are content to have 2 plus tons to useless weapons, UNLESS we meet a naked mech.....

#17 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

hahahahahaha 3 second spider.

just shows the Devs don't know anything about how to balance their game.

Edited by Tennex, 09 April 2013 - 04:56 PM.

#18 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 09 April 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

That Atlas lost its two CT Medium Lasers at 1 second and 2 seconds after the armor was gone. Machine Guns are not supposed to do outright damage, they are to rip up internal components (items). Whenever they actually get around to implementing critical hits for Engines and Gyros (not to mention actuators, cockpit, life support, and sensors), they will be even deadlier, without buffing damage.

The way you are supposed to use MGs is to wait until someone opens up the armor on the hit location and exposes the internal structure. THEN, go in with your MGs and rip up the internal components. You are not going to do outright damage with MGs. You will take away all their weapons and equipment in that location very fast with them. And again, if/when they ever get around to actually having Engines and Gyros and Sensors, etc. take critical hits they will be a LOT more effective.

The armor is gone at 20 seconds, first medium goes at 23 and the second at 26.

6 seconds of (6 machine gun) firing time held on one location *after* the armors been stripped to deal with 2 10 hp items.

Edited by Psikez, 09 April 2013 - 05:00 PM.

#19 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

Whenever they actually get around to implementing critical hits for Engines and Gyros (not to mention actuators, cockpit, life support, and sensors), they will be even deadlier, without buffing damage.

About a year from now, yeah, till then, its perfectly fine.

#20 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

cool story bro......

except any weapon that one cannot use with some reasonable chance of harming an opponent when you are reduced to them is just pointless. Because it took 3 mediums for the same rate would have essentially cored out the ct.

with a single Small Laser, one can still potentially kill another mech. With MGs? Not a chance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users