Really Tired Of Reinstalling For Cryengine 128 Of 0 Byte Errors

13 replies to this topic

#1 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

Ive only had to do it after every patch and a few times additionally for each one, but especially the last two weeks Ive had to reinstall 3 times because nothing else stops this error that drops me from the game after launch.

You know maybe if I hadnt been experiencing it almost 9 months now Id be less irritated but seriously, can you guys maybe take the time off from making a new cockpit ***** MC item to fix bugs this old?

#2 Juree Riggd

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

I've never heard of this bug before, and if it happens consistently for you, perhaps it's a hardware issue instead of software?

#3 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

Why do people keep thinking that modelers are going to somehow fix bugs?

Edit:
Anyways, here's the error message OP is talking about.
I had it a couple times. It happened once while walking through river city. Then after that it was when i was browsing my mechs in mechlab. And then after that it happened every time it was loading the mech bay. I never reinstalled, just simply rebooted my computer and I haven't had it since.

It's a bug that pops up the below message, and clicking OK closes the application.
I suppose a possible work-around is to just try rebooting rather than re-installing. If that's the case than it could be a caching or memory bug? I dunno.

Contact support so you can give them more information. This is what they asked me to do. Hopefully you can do the same and help them out.

To begin with I'd like to test your .pak files. Download and install 7zip first (http://www.7-zip.org/) - it's free

Open it up once installed and navigate to this folder: "C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\
Select all the .pak files in there and click the test button at the top.
Let me know which ones are corrupted.
Please also send me the following information so we can investigate the issue further:
-Your DxDiag
-Omicron.log and OmicronOnline.log (C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online)
-The 6 most recent LogBackups (C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\LogBackups\)

Posted Image

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 13 April 2013 - 11:27 AM.

#4 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

I recently had this also, got 3 matches in a row with it, then exited game and played MW4 for the night.

I booted up my PC the next day and game worked fine, no re-install for me. Not to say i wont see it again but thats how my night with 128 of 0 went.

#5 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

ZacharyJ, try rebooting next time, or reboot your computer every 3 or so days if you put it in sleep mode often like I do. I think maybe that might be where the problem occurs and the program requires you to restart or shut down your computer from time to time; at least that's what the current trend is suggesting.

#6 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

I do the reboot fix but eventually it gets to where it consistently fails. This also seems to coincide with an increase with graphic bugs before finally becoming permanent until I reinstall, and absolutely 100% without fail I have to do it with every new patch.

#7 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostZacharyJ, on 13 April 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

I do the reboot fix but eventually it gets to where it consistently fails. This also seems to coincide with an increase with graphic bugs before finally becoming permanent until I reinstall, and absolutely 100% without fail I have to do it with every new patch.

You don't need to re-install. Unfortunately you'll have to redownload individual .pak files but it's better than doing a complete re-install.

Do this to find out which of your .pak files are corrupt (that's your issue, corrupted .pak files, I used to get it after every patch too, until recently).

To begin with I'd like to test your .pak files. Download and install 7zip first (http://www.7-zip.org/) - it's free

Open it up once installed and navigate to this folder: "C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Game\
Select all the .pak files in there and click the test button at the top.
Let me know which ones are corrupted.

Once you know which .pak files are corrupt you need to download fresh ones. Use this sort of link:

http://patcher.mwome...ame/Objects.pak

Once you've got a complete set of .pak files that aren't corrupted back up your installation. Just copy the whole lot to another directory. If the problem reoccurs (sometimes it would happen for me when not patching) just restored the backup.

#8 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Reinstalling helps about 0.1% of the time when a game has an error.
Restarting comp hels about 5% of the times when a game has an error.

Pin that on your wall.

#9 l4Dl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostZacharyJ, on 13 April 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

Ive only had to do it after every patch and a few times additionally for each one, but especially the last two weeks Ive had to reinstall 3 times because nothing else stops this error that drops me from the game after launch.

You know maybe if I hadnt been experiencing it almost 9 months now Id be less irritated but seriously, can you guys maybe take the time off from making a new cockpit ***** MC item to fix bugs this old?

Fix your computer, should help.

If you need help:
- Check for memory errors
- HDD errors
- general system instability

If a file is being written/changed on a unstable system, sometimes, it goes "wrong". Which is exactly what your experiencing.

#10 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

File corruption does happen with this game. It hurts some more than others. It's best to have backups of "pristine files" and copy them back when necessary.

#11 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:35 AM

Good advice is to back up a complete working install, as pointed out above. This error also occurs when you have to abort patching for whatever reason.
Good luck.
Interestingly, I did not even know you can verify individual files with 3rd party tools.

#12 Grabik

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:00 AM

Got same or similar error "FRead etc 128 of 0."
after launching new battle from time to time, checked files with 7zip - 2 corrupted

here is link to corrupted files to download if Staff need it
www.srebrny-smok.pl/Inne/catapult_founders_a_variant_spc.dds
www.srebrny-smok.pl/Inne/trebuchet_damage_ddn.dds

so I guess when those mechs are in battle (trebuchet or founders catapult) I got crash

now downloading objects.pak then will exchange those items, hope this help

Kind regards
Grabik :)

#13 zraven7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationDuluth, Georgia

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:12 AM

128 of 0 sounds like the name of an inbred Borg.

#14 Exurok

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

Just download the "MWORepairTool.exe" it will fix everything for you, no need to reinstall everything lol :angry: FRR FTW!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users