5 replies to this topic

#1 Sam Slade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:48 AM

Use Advanced Zoom module... get pinpoint accuracy all the time(convergance as now with Adv. Zoom).

Fire while moving... get cone of fire/hit to convergance that scales with speed, altitude, max weapon range relative to target and target acquisition(not 'missile lock', just targeted)

Fire while not moving... get very slight cone of fire/hit to convergance that scales with target acquisition(as above) as and max range for weapon relative to target.

OR

Fixed fire torso mounts that only converge with above mentioned Advanced Zoom,

Edit: changed OP to clarify and add a good suggestion from someone.

Edited by Sam Slade, 22 April 2013 - 08:35 AM.

#2 Sam Slade

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

reply to my topic! I like this idea

#3 Donas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 416 posts
  • Locationon yet another world looking for a Bar and Grill

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

Well, since there's no poll here, voting No since these suggestions do not address the title of the thread.

1. Advanced zoom is currently broken. Change Advanced zoom to a full screen zoom that just zooms farther than current zoom to address targetting and IFF breaks.
2 and 3. Cone will seriously upset current players. Would rather see something to the effect of 'torso weapons do not converge. They go straight forward from their hardpoint. Hardpoint is on the right? they hit a little bit to the right. Hard point is high or low? They hit a little high or low.

Adding a random cone does not increase skill, it nullifies it. Giving someone a known aiming variance that they can learn to compensate for by grouping weapons differently and sequentially putting all their weapons on target? That is in increase in skill.

#4 Sam Slade

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

View PostDonas, on 22 April 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

Well, since there's no poll here, voting No since these suggestions do not address the title of the thread.

1. Advanced zoom is currently broken. Change Advanced zoom to a full screen zoom that just zooms farther than current zoom to address targetting and IFF breaks.

You misunderstand me. I mean you keep the current incarnation of advanced zoom(picture in picture) and only get perfect convergance on all weapons with this module equiped and active.

Having fixed aim torso mounts is probably better then variable convergance... just have it mitigagted by the Advanced Zoom module.

However, as to the 'fast clicky means skill' argument; it's absurd... skill in this game(in any 'non-button mash') game is out thinking your enemy not having a better ping/GPU/CPU/macro/ability to click in the correct place. If all this happened on an LAN with exactly the same lattency then 'Quick Click McGraw' may have a leg to stand on... it doesn't so quicky cliquie is a bit of a lame duck.

#5 Donas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 416 posts
  • Locationon yet another world looking for a Bar and Grill

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:54 AM

View PostSam Slade, on 22 April 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

However, as to the 'fast clicky means skill' argument; it's absurd... skill in this game(in any 'non-button mash') game is out thinking your enemy not having a better ping/GPU/CPU/macro/ability to click in the correct place. If all this happened on an LAN with exactly the same lattency then 'Quick Click McGraw' may have a leg to stand on... it doesn't so quicky cliquie is a bit of a lame duck.

And you misunderstand me as well as I was not specific enough. I am not referring to 'fast clicky' as skill.

If the torso weapons do not converge, (ie, left side weapons hit left of reticule, high weapons hit high, low weapons hit low) In order for all of those weapons to be put on a single target location in chain fire mode, they would have to be individually aimed in between clicks.

If the shooter is moving, and the target is moving, and the shooter is clicking through his weapon group on chainfire, keeping track of the firing order and what weapons deviate in what direction and compensating AND putting them all on the same target location? Thats an extreme level of skill.

As for the zoom module, i would LOVE to use it, except it doesnt work. it does just fine as long as your arm reticle is within the verticle travel of your torso, but once you hit the torso rise limit, it exponentially deviates your aim to the point where you can put the arm reticule on target, and your shots will be so far off that they dont even land within the PiP window. If they fix the advanced zoom module? I'm all for this part of your idea.

Edited by Donas, 23 April 2013 - 03:58 AM.

#6 Sam Slade

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

View PostDonas, on 23 April 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

And you misunderstand me as well as I was not specific enough. I am not referring to 'fast clicky' as skill.

If the torso weapons do not converge, (ie, left side weapons hit left of reticule, high weapons hit high, low weapons hit low) In order for all of those weapons to be put on a single target location in chain fire mode, they would have to be individually aimed in between clicks.

this idea i agree with... planning weapons groups and when to use them would become a factor, requiring forethought, planning and skill. Some fast clicky skill, true, but not exclusivly nimble finger alpha strike skills as it is now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users