Clan Cloud Cobra Mechwarrior

36 replies to this topic

#1 Asheron Storm

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

Hello everyone. As I mentioned in the Clans forums, I'm a fan of Clan Cloud Cobra looking for some friends willing to accept a follower of The Way. As Clan Cloud Cobra was not an invading clan and may not have a strong following here, I'd gladly consider working with Clan Cloud Cobra's allied clans, such as Clan Ghost Bear (preferably), Clan Steel Viper, Clan Snow Raven, Clan Star Adder, or possibly Clan Nova Cat (though I don't know much about nova cats really) so long as they're willing to accept a Cloud Cobra Clansman and they don't violate The Way. Any "mercenary" units with clan connections might be cool too. As for my experience, I've finished unlocking all the elite abilities on the spider v,k, and d.. as well as all elites on the CN9-A and CN9-D (with basics on the CN9-AL) and I'm currently unlocking the elites on HGN-733, HGN-733P, and HGN-733C. I also have over 50k exp on the Atlas DDC. I've been playing tabletop battletech and MechWarrior since the early 90's, but I only played MechWarrior 1 on the computer. Thanks and have a great day.

Edited by Asheron Storm, 21 April 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#2 Dez Telinov

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationThe Quantum Sea

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Many paths lead to The Way. Doom to those who choose the path of Reaving.

#3 Top Gun Killer

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

Is this still a Active clan ?? no post in a while ?

#4 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:59 AM

Was it ever? No offense intended, I'm curious. Would love to get in touch with them.

#5 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

We need to see the Cloud Cobras again.

#6 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

ahhh clan cloud cobra our arch rivals, the clan that killed the coyote's ikhan,

I wish you luck in recruiting. Make a website, start recruiting and just recruit like crazy. The coyotes aren't an invading or a popular clan in MW either, but we almost have four full trinary's because Mezlo recruits on every game he drops. I would also suggest if you are playing as a clan. Follow clan lore, that means blooding trials and so forth.

You also will have a lot of support from other clans. We have a grand council teamspeak and im sure even though our clans hate each other, you can stop by and hang out on the coyote teamspeak and other clan TS if they allow it

Thats whats awesome about the clan units on MWO, we are all united and work together right now and we help each other out, if you ever need people to fill in your circle of equals, any of the clans here will gladly accept. At least for operation Revival we are on friendly terms

Personally if i was to go with starting a new clan that isn't around i would pick Snow Raven because they end up with one of the most powerful clans and they merged with the outworlds league during the dark age to form the "Raven Alliance" in the inner sphere. Thats a better future then the coyotes who are almost wipe out during the wars of reaving. It's a better future then what happens to most of the clans

Edited by Grimwill, 05 May 2014 - 08:20 PM.

#7 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:53 PM

Asheron Storm, AFAIK there was a Clan Cloud Cobra unit, however they went inactive:
http://clancloudcobra.enjin.com
So you could actually become a Galaxy Commander or Khan of a Cloud Cobra unit if you wanted to. I would recommend using a community site like guildwars or enjin.

Since the slot for CCC is vacant, It's yours for the taking.

The standard colors for Clan Cloud Cobra is dark cyan and purple, but you can use this link if you want to represent a certain Cloud Cobra unit:
http://camospecs.com/Faction.asp?ID=31

Edited by Will9761, 06 July 2015 - 03:59 PM.

#8 CCC Dober

• 1,881 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:35 AM

To all interested parties, I would like to propose the usage of Clan tags before your pilot's name. People are bound to stumble over each other eventually. Which reminds me of a proverb about humble beginnings =)

#9 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:05 AM

View PostCCC Dober, on 06 May 2014 - 01:35 AM, said:

To all interested parties, I would like to propose the usage of Clan tags before your pilot's name. People are bound to stumble over each other eventually. Which reminds me of a proverb about humble beginnings =)

Your idea has merit, but would the admins change all our forum and in-game nicknames, quineg? Besides, soon enough Clan factions may be available so we will have a nice in-game logo before our pilot's name :) I really hope they will make the Clan insignias as nice as they have made the IS ones. They should look modern but should also definitely keep their old feeling.

#10 CCC Dober

• 1,881 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:23 AM

I see what you mean.

The system you have outlined currently works for all people in support of Great Houses, while Minor Houses, periphery states and individual mercenary units are largely ignored. If that pattern is kept, then one can reasonably expect to see invading Clans (of the first wave) to be represented, while invading Clans of the second wave and Homeworld Clans are ignored as well.

It appears that non-represented units, factions and Clans are still in need of a working solution. One of them is to add a unit/house/Clan tag to your name with the help of support. Another one is to sit and wait and hope for the best. Unless there are other options that I am not aware of, this is pretty much it.

#11 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:39 AM

If your Clan isn't represented, you can always make a player-controlled "mercenary" unit with the appropriate tag. That tag will be automatically added to your pilot name. Then you'll be like Wolf's Dragoons -- an advance unit sent to scout out the Inner Sphere.

Well-known canon mercenary units will be represented by their own faction, and will be system-controlled. They will be invite-only based on Loyalty Points and Achievements. The example highlighted was the Wolf's Dragoons -- requiring maximum Loyalty Points for ALL Houses (may also require other stuff).

Well-known canon faction units will be invite-only for Faction players. They are system-controlled and require certain Loyalty Points and Achievements to qualify.

#12 CCC Dober

• 1,881 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:06 AM

Interesting option, Durant. Far from being intuitive (asking Clans to masquerade as mercs), it sure makes jury-rigged Clan tags look like 3rd world solutions, heh. Thanks for the hint mate =)

P.S. Does this work already or is it supposed to work when CW arrives?

Edited by CCC Dober, 06 May 2014 - 08:09 AM.

#13 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

The merc scout unit is a good idea like wolf's dragoon's is a good backup plan

More then likely the clans that weren't apart of the invasion won't be in CW. I could be wrong though but if im not Im hoping that my unit reimagine's itself as a clan wolf unit rather then just disappearing altogether, don't really want to be merc unit. I rather play as a pirates unit

Edited by Grimwill, 06 May 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#14 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:00 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 06 May 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

The merc scout unit is a good idea like wolf's dragoon's is a good backup plan

More then likely the clans that weren't apart of the invasion won't be in CW. I could be wrong though but if im not Im hoping that my unit reimagine's itself as a clan wolf unit rather then just disappearing altogether, don't really want to be merc unit. I rather play as a pirates unit

Wait, would you prefer being a honorless pirate instead of a "honorless" mercenery?

Edited by CyclonerM, 07 May 2014 - 06:00 AM.

#15 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 07 May 2014 - 06:00 AM, said:

Wait, would you prefer being a honorless pirate instead of a "honorless" mercenery?

Well their both surats, but the way i see it a pirate fights despite the odds being against him and his star which for one makes him brave, and he is a useful in that his targets are always Inner sphere planets boarders planets.

The merc on the other fights only for Cbills and nothing more, they are the kind of mechwarrior that would switch sides for the highest offer.

#16 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:31 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 07 May 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

Well their both surats, but the way i see it a pirate fights despite the odds being against him and his star which for one makes him brave, and he is a useful in that his targets are always Inner sphere planets boarders planets.

The merc on the other fights only for Cbills and nothing more, they are the kind of mechwarrior that would switch sides for the highest offer.

Interesting view on pirates, but i see it differently. Have you ever thought they might just be criminals who earn their living by murdering innocent honest people and robbing them of their hardly-earned goods?

I also see mercs in a very different way. You know i was born in the Free Worlds League, a nation without a strong negative feeling toward mercenaries (OOC note: until the Knights of the Inner Sphere :ph34r: ) so i grew used to soldiers fighting on a contract. I do not negate that some mercenary units are no better than pirates but i remind you that there are small and big & famous merc units that have a remarkably high morale status and reputation in the Inner Sphere.

The obvious Wolf's Dragoons, the Kell Hounds, The Gray Death Legion.. (OOC: and in some way even McCarron'S Armored Chivalry, an unit so loyal to its employer, the CapConf, to join its army as a regular unit).

I would rather be a Dragoon (or Hound) then a pirate. I strongly admire them and the Dragoons' origins and deeds only give strenght to this sentiment :P

Edited by CyclonerM, 08 May 2014 - 04:32 AM.

#17 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:15 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 08 May 2014 - 04:31 AM, said:

Interesting view on pirates, but i see it differently. Have you ever thought they might just be criminals who earn their living by murdering innocent honest people and robbing them of their hardly-earned goods?

I also see mercs in a very different way. You know i was born in the Free Worlds League, a nation without a strong negative feeling toward mercenaries (OOC note: until the Knights of the Inner Sphere :lol: ) so i grew used to soldiers fighting on a contract. I do not negate that some mercenary units are no better than pirates but i remind you that there are small and big & famous merc units that have a remarkably high morale status and reputation in the Inner Sphere.

The obvious Wolf's Dragoons, the Kell Hounds, The Gray Death Legion.. (OOC: and in some way even McCarron'S Armored Chivalry, an unit so loyal to its employer, the CapConf, to join its army as a regular unit).

I would rather be a Dragoon (or Hound) then a pirate. I strongly admire them and the Dragoons' origins and deeds only give strenght to this sentiment :(

All of the inner sphere are criminals, They all fight only to progress the interest of their leaders. Whereas we the clans fight to restore peace. Quaif?

Pirates i would say though, at least they fight for a kingdom as most pirates belong to one of the pirate states that boarder the periphery, yes they are criminals and should perish in the fires of war. But Mercs on the other hand only fight for Cbills, they have no loyalty to anyone

#18 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:42 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 08 May 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

All of the inner sphere are criminals, They all fight only to progress the interest of their leaders. Whereas we the clans fight to restore peace. Quaif? Pirates i would say though, at least they fight for a kingdom as most pirates belong to one of the pirate states that boarder the periphery, yes they are criminals and should perish in the fires of war. But Mercs on the other hand only fight for Cbills, they have no loyalty to anyone

Aff, but even if the invasion managed to unite the Inner Sphere in a fragile alliance, the Clans have been corrupted by greed and hate.. To paraphrase Alexander Kerensky's words, the hate among the nations of the Inner Sphere can be burned only by the passing of centuries..

Mercs actually have a loyalty: to their employer. They are just warriors who do not want to allign with a faction (not that it would be so easy to become part of a regular unit of a Successor State's army) or that just want the more free life of the mercenary. If actions speak louder than words, you will agree that the famous merc units i mentioned are far from being disonhorable dezgras, quiaff?

#19 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:20 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 08 May 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

All of the inner sphere are criminals, They all fight only to progress the interest of their leaders. Whereas we the clans fight to restore peace. Quaif?

Pirates i would say though, at least they fight for a kingdom as most pirates belong to one of the pirate states that boarder the periphery, yes they are criminals and should perish in the fires of war. But Mercs on the other hand only fight for Cbills, they have no loyalty to anyone

Pirates actually don't like to fight, they more in to heists - more loot for least of effort, this counts civilians and other unarmed opponents that cross their paths.
Say what you will, but at least mercenaries fight armed opponents, there is honor in that, if someone to do otherwise - he is just a regular bandit.

#20 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:18 AM

Cycloner, I sure hope you are not advocating clan support for mercs or pirates in ANY WAY. They are the only scum below the inner sphere monarchs. Even a warden should know this :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users