More Spiders Please Updated With Hero Idea

40 replies to this topic

Poll: Spider Varients (92 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you buy/drive them?

1. SDR-9K (12 votes [13.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

2. SDR-8X (6 votes [6.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.52%

3. Both (46 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

4. I don't like spiders (28 votes [30.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

So I am a fanboy of the fast little suicidal spiders its just that im not really a fan of the 2ml only 5V and dont get me started on the 5K, but im so very hoping for a hero spider.

Here are my choices, and if not as a hero the standard variants would be fine.

The SDR-9k aka the Venom even if you keep it at 30tons http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Venom
4 energy hardpoints in the chest

Posted Image

If not that I want the SDR-8x with the Partial Wing for gliding/heat dissipation. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Partial_Wing I know its not in the current timeline but I want it.
Posted Image

My precious!!!!!

So tell me, would you fly these badboys?

UPDATE

My hero spider would be

The sdr-9k aka Venom
  • Same max armor of 210, 112 stock like the other spiders
  • 4 medium lasers (located either 2 in each side torso or 1 in each side torso and 2 in the center) - The 5d/k still have arm mounted hardpoints.
  • Have its jump capability around 23m (jenner/rav4x heights) or 4 out of 6 jumpjets for stock and 6/6 jumpjets would be 35m , That could be its weakness for having the most energy hard points so it is the same as the 5k at 35m, the 5d reaches 47m and the 5v is still the jump king at 70m.
  • Have it as 30 tons instead of 35 so that its easier that way.
  • Have it fit a standard 240 engine, all the spiders can max to the 255 engine so just do the same.
  • Ams slot
  • No FF/endo/dhs just like the other stock spiders
So basicly it would look like this stock, but imagine that the 2 tons are really 2 medium lasers and the jumpjet total is stitting at 4 out of 6

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...10687d3401a47b8

Edited by MonkeyCheese, 06 May 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 02 May 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

So I am a fanboy of the fast little suicidal spiders its just that im not really a fan of the 2ml only 5V and dont get me started on the 5K, but im so very hoping for a hero spider.

Here are my choices, and if not as a hero the standard variants would be fine.

The SDR-9k aka the Venom even if you keep it at 30tons http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Venom
4 energy hardpoints in the chest

Posted Image

If not that I want the SDR-8x with the Partial Wing for gliding/heat dissipation. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Partial_Wing I know its not in the current timeline but I want it.
Posted Image

My precious!!!!!

So tell me, would you fly these badboys?

I love the Venom, and it WOULD be a light I buy.

The MW:DA Spider I actually like well enough that in a TT Campaign I designed a LAM Variant, AND had a "Special Forces" Zero Gravity Company that used Modified versions of them for Boarding attempts and Space Assaults.

#3 Pater Mors

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 815 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

I don't dislike Spiders but I'd rather see new chassis introduced instead of more variants of chassis we already have in the game. That sort of addition I feel can be left until all the actual content is in the game.

#4 Parliment

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 160 posts
  • LocationBehind you ...go ahead and look I dare you.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

Spidey pilot love love love

#5 Juodvarnis

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

I'd love the 8X with the partial wing. But i'm pretty sure it doesn't come out until after the Clans.

#6 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

Spiders look so cool in artwork. In the game they look like awkward, lurch-y, gangly teenagers running around getting slapped by the grown-up mechs.

Same as the commando. Nice model, horrible running animation.

#7 Tahribator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

Venom can make a great hero mech. In fact, 4 ML's in CT's coupled with 10JJ would probably the make the most OP mech in skilled hands in this game. I'd actually pay as much as Heavy Metal for that ;)

#8 Juodvarnis

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 03 May 2013 - 02:48 AM, said:

Spiders look so cool in artwork. In the game they look like awkward, lurch-y, gangly teenagers running around getting slapped by the grown-up mechs.

Yeah, definitely.

Animations, in my opinion, were better in previous Mechwarriors. In MW:O they're very stiff-looking (not in the good way) the upper torsos and arms barely move when running is just kind of an eyesore.

#9 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:04 AM

View PostTahribator, on 03 May 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

Venom can make a great hero mech. In fact, 4 ML's in CT's coupled with 10JJ would probably the make the most OP mech in skilled hands in this game. I'd actually pay as much as Heavy Metal for that :wub:

It would be quite scary in the right hands, I hope when the spider comes round the venom is its hero mech.

I know its 5 tons more when compared to the spider, but I hope they can just ignore that part and add it as a 30ton mech anyway.

#10 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Oh my word can we get the glider spider please!?

#11 FrostCollar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 03 May 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

It would be quite scary in the right hands, I hope when the spider comes round the venom is its hero mech.

I know its 5 tons more when compared to the spider, but I hope they can just ignore that part and add it as a 30ton mech anyway.

It's not just five tons heavier, it's a different mech with a different model. I find it quite unlikely indeed that they'd create a whole new mech model (a process that they've explained is very expensive) just for a hero.

Also, 4 energy hardpoints? Why'd you take any other Spider?

Anyways, forget glider wings. I'd like to see those Spider directional jumpjets come in as a mech quirk, along with the D2j Targeting and Tracking System for the JagerMech. Is that likely to happen? No.

#12 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

/Need Have to raise 2 more Spiders, a hero Spider would be wonderful.

#13 Rayah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 801 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

View PostTahribator, on 03 May 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

Venom can make a great hero mech. In fact, 4 ML's in CT's coupled with 10JJ would probably the make the most OP mech in skilled hands in this game. I'd actually pay as much as Heavy Metal for that ^_^
How would you fit four lasers in the CT with MW:O's hard point system?

#14 Karazyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 274 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

yes to both! gmmmie gimmie gimmie! *froths at the mouth* my 5D is needing a upgrade ^_^

#15 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

View PostRayzor, on 04 May 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

How would you fit four lasers in the CT with MW:O's hard point system?

HArd points are not the limitation. Crit slots.

But I suspect that the lasers are installed in the side torsos, so no problem.

#16 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 04 May 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

HArd points are not the limitation. Crit slots.

But I suspect that the lasers are installed in the side torsos, so no problem.

Or they could be 2 in the CT and 1 in each ST

#17 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 03 May 2013 - 02:48 AM, said:

I know, right!? Every time I see a commando, I imagine his pilot wailing, "Can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!!" at the top of his lungs.

#18 Oppresor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, England

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

I run a 5K Recon at the moment, it's almost totally defensive (Recon primary role, 1 x medium laser defence) BAP & AMS. I didn't know about the SDR8x so was really stunned to see it. This version would be incredible and I want one now! as a Recon it would be fantastic and truly deserves it's place next to the existing units. Yes you guessed it, I like Spiders.

#19 DemonRaziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 646 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

The Venom would be a great Hero 'Mech, except the P2W cries would probably never stop. Although it has the +5t mass, the torso mounts and the lack of ECM) are kind of drawbacks when compared to the 5D. And the 3L offers ECM and more hardpoints (including 2 M ones) at the same mass, so it wouldn't necessarily be the best light 'Mech in game.

I myself would love to see this little beauty added to the game in the form of Hero 'Mech.

#20 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostDemonRaziel, on 06 May 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

The Venom would be a great Hero 'Mech, except the P2W cries would probably never stop. Although it has the +5t mass, the torso mounts and the lack of ECM) are kind of drawbacks when compared to the 5D. And the 3L offers ECM and more hardpoints (including 2 M ones) at the same mass, so it wouldn't necessarily be the best light 'Mech in game.

I myself would love to see this little beauty added to the game in the form of Hero 'Mech.

Exactly even if the dont add the 5 extra tons that the venom has in cannon, I still wouldnt call it pay to win.

The x5 is the only cicada that has missiles, the heavy metal has a different hardpoint layout and the highest jump jetting when compared to the other highlanders.

And 4ml at 20 firepower for the venom would not be p2w as my 5D spider caries 2ml 1 erLL so its fire power is at 19, and as always for a light if you max out the damage you are weaker in another area such as speed/heatsinks/jumpjets/armor I know this well from my large ballistic raven 4x builds.

Also bump for hero idea

Edited by MonkeyCheese, 06 May 2013 - 05:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users