10 replies to this topic

#1 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Played 2,5hrs after patch, and I didn't get a single hudbug. Strange :)
Although I cleared shader cache after patching had ended, so it might have some effect to this matter.

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

Probably not..

One would only hope though.

#3 Matthew Craig

Technical Director

• 867 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

A change was introduced that internal testing showed dropped the repro rate significantly (from around 1/5 to 1/100) we didn't mention a fix in the patch notes as that isn't the full fix. We do have a full fix in test having finally gotten to the root of the issue, it was a very low level CryEngine bug. For now though the bug should occur much more rarely.

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 07 May 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

A change was introduced that internal testing showed dropped the repro rate significantly (from around 1/5 to 1/100) we didn't mention a fix in the patch notes as that isn't the full fix. We do have a full fix in test having finally gotten to the root of the issue, it was a very low level CryEngine bug. For now though the bug should occur much more rarely.

You deserve a hug.

#5 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

I had a missing map issue since this patch so its not gona completely, I can't say alot more, since my error rate was around 10% and I played around 20-25 games today.

Hope your research deep into the engine pays off by fixing future bugs faster.

Edited by Chavette, 07 May 2013 - 02:15 PM.

#6 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

Ok, I figured that something like this might have happend. Situation was so bad, that even this little fix is delightfully welcome. So far (at least to me) hudbugs went complitely missing from 40% -> 0%, so you are on the right track.

Thanks again.

#7 Dalinor Frostreaver

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:43 AM

It seems improved, played several hours tonight, went from bugs every other match, to only one bugged hud all night. So, better. Thanks for fixing it.

#8 saintchuck

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

Sounds great. If it weren't for the reported increase in crashing introduced with this patch I might've actually tried to enjoy the game again. I'll wait until after the 21st and see how things stand. I don't think I can handle anymore aggravation with this game so I don't want to come back prematurely.

#9 Jack Lowe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationStaten Island, NY

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

Was wondering about that nasty HUD bug. Haven't seen it since the hotfix. Also, and crossing my fingers here haven't had a crash since the new patch game seems to be running very smoothly. Got a high end dual core 2gig video card and upgraded the RAM to compensate all seems well at the moment. Very nice job with this patch guys. With most of HSR in place and getting correct hit detection for the most part my biggest surprise was just how quickly things die regardless of the weapon. Makes some of the other choices the dev. team made I questioned seem pretty smart. Keep up the fine work thank you for the efforts.

#10 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

No HUD bugs for me either! I want to give PGI a big sloppy tongue kiss.

#11 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

I have way less HUD bugs since the new patch - it did help pretty well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users