Crashing Out Of The Game? Back To The Mechlab? This Might Fix It!

3 replies to this topic

#1 Syric Malvayis

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:47 AM

To Whom It Concerns,

For a damn good while now, I've been experiencing dropped games which kick me back to the mechlab screen. The game client rarely crashes, but matches - oh yeh! Recently, I tried a new approach and it worked (thus far)!!

((note: I've tried a variety of other solutions. Hell, I would even uninstall MWO, and then do a fresh installation of it; unfortunately, it didn't fix the issue/bug/problem.))

Anyhow, if you've tried a bunch of other stuff, and are still having this frustrating and very annoying issue/bug/problem happen to you, then try this:

- From the mechlab screen, click on "menu"
- Select "options"
- Under "Video Settings," click on the "Advanced Options"
- Drop "Shading" down to "low"
- Drop "Shadows" down to "medium"

The other settings can be set to ur liking, but for mine, I had the rest set to "Very High" (everything basically maxed out).

And, after I did this, I literally have gone from about a 1-4 drops an hour to zero. I literally played for hours on end, and the game client FINALLY remained stable enough to run without fail!!

I really hope this info helps!

#2 Tstyles

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

I think a lot of people run on really low settings already so they have a high FPS and can see mechs far away with no tree cover. I do, I could run with higher settings but dont. amd 6870, 8gb ddr3, 4 x 3.4Ghz.

Well done on the effort though! :)

#3 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

I'll give this a try as I am having the crashing issue from time to time. The problem is I can play 6-10 matches no problem on one day. The like today I log in and get nothing but crashes. So I honestly don't think it's on my end.

Edit: No this did not fix the issue. It did give me a few additional seconds in the game to attempt to type something. But no it still crashed.

Edited by Butane9000, 08 May 2013 - 07:16 AM.

#4 Syric Malvayis

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

Hmm. I also did recently delete my Shaders >> cache directory BEFORE trying this....

Valid point on the LOD stuff and tree distance stuff Tstyles!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users