The C3 Network

8 replies to this topic

Poll: Should C3 be in the game? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Should C3 be in the game?

1. Yes (4 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (3 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

3. Abstain (1 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ExtremeA79

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

I think C3 would be a great idea, just not now.
When CW comes out C3 should be in the game, good for coordination.
Here is how it could work:
Right now, if you have 3 enemies on your radar, but you target one, only that target will appear on your teams radar.
A c3 network would have 3 slaves and master equipped team. Whenever a person gets enemies on his radar, it would appear on the teams radar. However, if a mech with a C3 master unit gets destroyed or loses the unit, the whole network fails.
Because of the possibility of the multi targeting module, it should be fair that the range of relaying c3 info should be at least 800m.

Edited by Darren Tyler, 12 May 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#2 Fabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

I say No,sorry but I think once one player gets a enemy in sigh it should appear on the mini map of teamates just as it does now. Forcing players to take extra gear just to see where the enemy is will make things too frustrating.

#3 ExtremeA79

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

Yoou wouldn't be forced to use it. And it wouldn't weigh alot. It would only be useful in CW where people coordinate.
In PUG you may bring a slave unit but no one else has a master.

#4 Fabe

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

I'm still going to have to disagree with you and say no. The only benefit that the C3 network had in TT was that it allowed you to calculate the range modifier for the to hit roll from the nearest unit in the network that had line of site to the target. Since we're not rolling dice in this game I just don't see the point of having it.

#5 ExtremeA79

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

In the battletech universe it was used in the way I described. In TT it may allow you to calculate range modifiers, in battletech it shares all forms of data.
It's fine if you disagree with me.

#6 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

C3 Master's and Slave's were perfectly featured in MW:LL. Not sure why people are opposed to more variety and options.

#7 FrostCollar

• 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 12 May 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

C3 Master's and Slave's were perfectly featured in MW:LL. Not sure why people are opposed to more variety and options.

How'd they work there?

#8 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

http://wiki.mechlivi...ex.php?title=C3

(they have C3 Master, C3 Slaves, and C3i) Which augment (provide a bonus for) radar capabilities and target/information sharing.

Range

Posted Image

C3 has range of 1000 meters.

Recon A with standard radar can share data with Player - it's radar range is 1000meters, so he can exactly see where's the further point he can go to share the data with Player.

Recon B has BAP mounted extending his radar range up to 1250 meters (marked blue). Despite of having Player in radar range he cannot share the data because C3 range isn't enhanced by additional equipment, being always only 1000 meters (marked bright blue).
Chaining

Posted Image

C3 data can be passed from one C3 unit to another C3 and than to regular (process called "chaining"). In this example all mechs have standard radar - it's range (1000meters) is marked blue - and a C3 unit.

Player can see the radar data of Recon A but also Recon B thanks to chaining. However the Recon C doesn't share data with any unit - he must have friendly within 1000meters, not just cover part of the radar range of the another.

#9 ExtremeA79

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

I think MWLL perfectly implemented the system, however it was more like C3i but at that time in the battletech universe I am sure they had C3i where right now, 3050, we only have standard C3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users