39 replies to this topic

#1 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

Because this game is a work in progress, things change all the time it's hard to get a handle on rewards and items. While some items (weapons for example) are easily understood, others like TAG and BAP are always confusing new players. In trying to put together a guide I'm finding it hard to work out myself! So I thought I'd crowd source the info.

If you can fill in any details, please feel free to comment and let me know!!

Complete List of Rewards and Conditions:

TAG/NARC Bonus - If you have a TAG or NARC on an enemy, and someone damages it with Missiles during the duration of the effect, you get rewarded. This reward occurs only once for each enemy per match with preference going to the first to apply the TAG / NARC.
  • Assault / Skirmish: 2,100 C-bills, 25 XP
  • Conquest: 1,100 C-bills, 25 XP
Spotting Bonus - If you have an enemy targeted and in Line of Sight, and a friendly damages that enemy you get rewarded. This reward occurs only once for each enemy per match, with preference going to the pilot who first targeted and is closest to the enemy.
  • Assault / Skirmish: 2,100 C-bills, 25 XP
  • Conquest: 1,100 C-bills, 25 XP
Defensive Kill - If an enemy is killed while it is actively capping a base your team owns, anyone who had attacked the capturing enemy within the last 10 seconds will be rewarded.
  • Assault / Skirmish / Conquest: 6,500 C-bills, 150 XP
Saviour Kill - An enemy which dies while attacking a team mate who has a critical component that is at 50% health or lower, will reward any friendly who damaged it within the last 10 seconds. This is rewarded to each valid attacker regardless of who provided the killing blow.
  • Assault / Skirmish / Conquest: 6,500 C-bills, 150 XP
Kill Assist Bonus - For each enemy you damaged but did not deal the killing blow, you get rewarded at the end of the match.
  • Assault / Skirmish: 6,500 C-bills, (your damage) / (damage from all sources) x 150 XP
  • Conquest: 3,200 C-bills, (your damage) / (damage from all sources) x 150 XP
Kill Bonus - If you scored the killing blow against an enemy, you get rewarded at the end of the match. This reward replaces the Kill Assist you would normally have been rewarded.
  • Assault / Skirmish: 4,300 C-bills, 50 XP
  • Conquest: 2,100 C-bills, 50 XP
Component Destruction - For each non critical component you destroy from enemies that do not result in a death, you get rewarded at the end of the match.
  • Assault / Skirmish: 2,100 C-bills, 15 XP
  • Conquest: 1,100 C-bills, 15 XP
Capture - If you are actively capturing an enemy capture point at the moment the match ends (due to successful capture or resource win), you get rewarded at the end of the match.
  • Assault: 75 XP
  • Conquest: 75 XP
Capture Assist - If during a match you contributed towards the capture of an enemy capture point, however were not on a point at the moment a match ends (due to successful capture or resource win), you get rewarded at the end of the match.
  • Assault: 50 XP
  • Conquest: 50 XP
UAV Rewards - Launching a UAV will now provide rewards to the player that launched it. Also a small reward for shooting one down.
  • Assault / Skirmish: 500 C-Bills, 25 XP (per mech exposed by UAV), XX per mech targeted
  • Conquest: 500 C-Bills, 25 XP (per mech exposed by UAV), XX per mech targeted
  • Enemy UAV Destroyed: 500 C-Bills, 50 XP
Turret Destruction- Making the killing blow against a turret will provide a reward. There are no assists for turret kills.
  • Assault / Skirmish: 50 C-Bills, 50 XP
Counter ECM Rewards - Actively changing an ECM to counter mode, which then counters an enemy ECM within range for a minimum of 5 seconds, or using BAP while remaining in range for 5 seconds. Participating in a counter with another team mate also provides a reward.
  • Assault / Skirmish / Conquest: 1500 C-Bills, 150 XP (per mech countered)
  • All modes assist: 500 C-Bills, 25 XP (per mech assisting)
Static Match Rewards

Assault / Skirmish:
  • Win = 25,000 C-bills, 300 XP
  • Loss = 25,000 C-bills, 100 XP
  • Draw = 25,000 C-bills
  • Damage = 21 C-bills x Total Damage Done
  • Team Kill = -10,000 C-bills per friendly killed
Conquest:
  • Loss = 25,000 C-bills, 100 XP
  • Draw = 25,000 C-bills
  • Resources = 50 C-bills x Resources Collected
  • Damage = 21 C-bills x Total Damage Done

Complete list of Equipment and their Functions:

TAG - A TAG will provide the following benefits;
  • 25% bonus to missile clustering.
  • 50% bonus to missile targeting speed.
  • Lasts for 1 second per hit. Timer is refreshed after each hit.
  • Target locks against TAG'ed enemies decay 50% slower
  • TAG negates ECM on the targeted enemy.
  • Stacks with Artemis or NARC
  • TAG itself requires Line of Sight to apply bonuses. Bonuses do not require Line of Sight for Friendly Launchers.
  • Only works outside 180m from ECM.
NARC - A NARC will provide the following benefits;
  • 25% bonus to to missile targeting speed.
  • Maintain lock for 25% longer
  • Duration is until first of the following two conditions are met; Lasts for 30 seconds per hit. Timer is refreshed after each hit. Lasts until 40 damage has been dealt to enemy from missile sources. Damage is reset per Hit.
  • Stacks with TAG but not Artemis (eg 56.3% tighter cluster, 62.4% faster lock)
  • Works through ECM.
  • Allows all friendly mechs to target enemy regardless of Line of Sight.
Artemis - Adding Artemis will apply the following benefits.
  • Requires 1 slot and 1 ton per LRM or SRM launcher.
  • Does not apply to Streak launchers. (Bug: Currently targeting speed will improve on streaks if an Artemis enabled launcher of another type is present)
  • Enables new Missile cluster pattern (33% tighter).
  • 50% bonus to LRM targeting speed.
  • Requires Line of Sight to target for LRM benefits to apply.(Bug: Currently doesn't require LoS)
  • Stacks with TAG (eg 75% faster lock, 52% tighter cluster)
  • Overwrites NARC bonuses even without Line of Sight. (Bug: Currently Stacks with NARC)
BAP - BAP will enable to following benefits (disabled while powered down);
  • 25% increase to the range enemies appear on radar/become target-able
  • Allows targeting of shutdown enemies within 120m
  • 25% increase in speed to acquiring detailed information on targeted enemy (weapon load out, mech type, damage)
  • Cancels the effects of one enemy ECM within 150m
  • If equipped with ECM, only sensor range and targeting bonuses apply. ECM cancelling is overwritten by the equipped ECM.
ECM - ECM provides the following benefits (disabled if powered down);
  • Allies within 180m cannot be targeted/will not appear on the radar of enemies outside 200m
  • Disrupts enemy targeting within 180m with partial / flickering display.
  • Prevents enemy sharing targeting data if enemy is under ECM.
  • Prevents all enemy missile lock acquisition under 180m.
  • Each ECM can counter any other one enemy ECM instead of providing bonuses.
  • ECM will be negated by a PPC hit for 4 seconds. If the ECM carrier is hit, all ECM benefits are disabled for 4 seconds. Another hit will refresh this timer.
Command Console - No current functionality.

AMS - Equipped AMS will provide the following benefits;
  • AMS range is 200m.
  • AMS will prioritise on missiles aimed at you but will actively target enemy missiles passing within 90m.
  • AMS will only function as long as AMS ammo is available.
  • AMS does 3.5 damage per second, equating to roughly 5 LRM missiles shot down from each volley. Or 2-3 missiles per SRM volley at max range.
  • Nearly ineffective on SRM's under 90m.
C.A.S.E - CASE when equipped provides the following benefits;
  • CASE will prevent explosion damage from propagating to adjacent sections of your Mech.
  • CASE is only used after all other Hitpoints in that section have been destroyed. Therefore it does not prevent item or component destruction.
  • For this reason, CASE does not assist with preventing XL engine destruction.
  • CASE itself has zero HP when determining item destruction and is therefore not a target itself for Critical hits.
  • Explosion damage prevented is from all internal sources such as Gauss and Ammo explosions.
  • It does not prevent external sources such as splash or direct missile damage.
  • Currently, CASE can only be mounted in either side Torso.
Heat Sinks - Heat sinks provide two functions. The first is to assist in dissipating the heat generated from weapons, movement and the environment. The third is to increase the total heat capacity available.
  • Engine Heat Sinks - All engines are required to contain a minimum of 10 Heat Sinks to function.
  • Engines below rating 250 are too small to contain all 10 Heat Sinks inside the engine, requiring the additional Heat Sinks to be installed elsewhere in the Mech.
  • The first 10 equipped of either type, no matter the location, count as Engine Heat Sinks.
  • A valid load out of 10 SHS starts with a base of 40 heat capacity, and 1 dissipation.
  • A valid load out of 10 DHS starts with a base of 50 heat capacity, and 2 dissipation.
  • For every 25 rating over 250, an engine can store an additional Heat Sink. These do not count as Engine Heat Sinks, meaning they follow standard rules below.
  • Single Heat Sinks - In addition to the initial 10 Engine Heat Sinks
  • Reduce heat at a rate of .1 per second
  • Cost 1T and 1 critical slot
  • Increase heat capacity by 1 point per Heat sink
  • Have 10 hit points
  • Double Heat Sinks - In addition to the initial 10 Engine Heat Sinks
  • Reduce heat at a rate of .14 per second
  • Cost 1T and 3 critical slots
  • Increase heat capacity by 1.4 points per Heat Sink
  • Have 10 hit points

So that's what I've got so far. Please treat this as a Work in progress and help fill in the blanks! Thanks for your assistance.

Thanks for reading, I hope this is helpful!

Edited by Arcturious, 06 February 2014 - 05:08 PM.

#2 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

Last updated: 07/02/2014 ( AU date format ;) )

Change Log: Updated to include rewards for destroying Turrets. Please inform me if anything is different and I will update.

Still required: Probably due for a complete overhaul. Please let me know what changes you would like to see, or if anything is incorrect!

As always, other reward updates appreciated. Values for EXP and C-bills are constantly in flux. Please let me know if you notice a change or something incorrect and I will update asap!!!

Edited by Arcturious, 06 February 2014 - 05:11 PM.

#3 Adran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

Why is this not pinned yet? For that matter, why was it not pinned before it was even posted? This is need-to-know information here! Nice work so far.

#4 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:37 AM

Nice work man!

Kudos on the format too, very easy to read and find the information.

+1 for sticky.

One thing, im not postivie because im not in game, but doesnt the command console give you another module slot right now?

Edited by Roughneck45, 21 May 2013 - 04:38 AM.

#5 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostRoughneck45, on 21 May 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

Nice work man!

Kudos on the format too, very easy to read and find the information.

+1 for sticky.

One thing, im not postivie because im not in game, but doesnt the command console give you another module slot right now?

Thanks for the feedback! I'm pretty sure the devs might not be able to sticky this as it sometimes won't be correct. They may change values or functionality from time to time in undocumented patch notes. However, this is as accurate as I can make it taken from past patch notes and loading screen tips.

Not sure about command console and module slot. I've heard that but hadn't confirmed myself, I'll test next time I play and update the description.

I'm also considering adding information on the secondary effects of items or weapons. For example, would it be of use to show how Flamers function? I deliberately didn't include weapons as this info is available elsewhere already and this was originally focused around items and equipment. Modules would be something else I could look at for example if that would be useful.

As always, if there is anything missing or incorrect let me know and I'll add / fix!

Edited by Arcturious, 21 May 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#6 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

This post needs a postette (sticky).

#7 Adran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

Okay, this needs clarification because it doesn't work on the Testing Grounds and I'm not able to test it in a real match due to a mix of my crappy aim with non-guided missiles. Does NARC make it so, once NARCed, even if no one has line-of-sight of a mech, everyone can still target it? Is that what is meant by "Allows all friendly mechs to target enemy regardless of Line of Sight."? I want confirmation of this, because I've never heard anyone actually confirm it does this.

EDIT: I would add notes on special weapons like Flamers and Machine Guns that fill special roles, as well as modules. That would increase the value of this guide.

Edited by Adran, 21 May 2013 - 09:34 PM.

#8 marlowe

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:47 AM

Nice bit of writing. Easy to read.

+1 Sticky

#9 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

I vote for a sticky. Again, this is the kind of thing that absolutely needs to be found on an in-game help menu, like so many other basics about the game that players have stepped up to cover PGI on.

#10 zraven7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationDuluth, Georgia

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

Holy Crap, THANK YOU!

Why is this not stickied yet?

Also, can I post this in my guild's forum with credit to you? This would help us a lot, dude.

Edited by zraven7, 22 May 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#11 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

View PostArcturious, on 21 May 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

Not sure about command console and module slot. I've heard that but hadn't confirmed myself, I'll test next time I play and update the description.

I just checked and the command console does nothing to or for modules. Currently it is a piece of equipment with no functionality at all. If you buy a DDC, remove this item to do with as you will because it is dead weight right now.

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

Personally, I think mechs should have a heat cap by chassis weight or just chassis. The heatsinks should then perform either single or double reduction. Without bolstering a huge heat cap/threshold, boating ER PPCs would be virtually impossible, but it would not hurt much weaker and practical boats such as 9 small lasers. SRM-6 boats will only be affected if they spam their missiles all at once.

But perhaps that's just wishful thinking. It's not like my Hunchback can pump out 30 PPCs back to back or anything.

:P

#13 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

View PostAdran, on 21 May 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Okay, this needs clarification because it doesn't work on the Testing Grounds and I'm not able to test it in a real match due to a mix of my crappy aim with non-guided missiles. Does NARC make it so, once NARCed, even if no one has line-of-sight of a mech, everyone can still target it? Is that what is meant by "Allows all friendly mechs to target enemy regardless of Line of Sight."? I want confirmation of this, because I've never heard anyone actually confirm it does this.

EDIT: I would add notes on special weapons like Flamers and Machine Guns that fill special roles, as well as modules. That would increase the value of this guide.

Hi Adran. Yes, that is what a NARC does that a TAG doesn't. Once NARC'ed, the enemy is able to be targeted even if they run behind a hill and nobody has Line of Sight to them.

It's the biggest benefit to a NARC over other options. However, it needs to be co-ordinated, as if nobody knows you are NARC'ing someone, the timer will run out before it gets pummelled.

Thanks Mailin for the Command Console clarification. I'll leave it as "Nothing" till it does "something" lol

#14 Adran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

Okay, I just had a great idea for something to improve this thread yet again, though I'm not sure how easy it would be. Add pictures for the various pieces of equipment to help newbies identify what they mean, like the icon that appears above a mech showing it's being tagged or NARCed, and the states of ECM (both visible when looking from the outside, and on your own screen).

#15 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

Hi Adran. That's not a bad idea. Might take a few days to go through screenshots and get the icons then work out best way to format it into the thread. I can see that it would be useful for new players though so I'll see what I can do!

#16 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts
  • Locationstill remains a mistery.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostArcturious, on 16 May 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

I've been trying to track down a good list of item functionality and match rewards. Because this is a beta and things change all the time it's hard to get a handle on things. While some items (weapons for example) are easily understood, others like TAG and BAP are always confusing new players. In trying to put together a guide I'm finding it hard to work out myself. So I thought I'd crowd source the info.

If you can fill in any details, please feel free to comment and let me know!!

Complete List of Rewards and Conditions:

TAG/NARC Bonus - If you have a TAG or NARC on an enemy, and someone damages it with Missiles during the duration of the effect, you get rewarded. This reward occurs only once for each enemy per match with preference going to the first to apply the TAG / NARC.
  • Assault: 2,500 C-bills, 25 XP
  • Conquest: 1,250 C-bills, 25 XP
Spotting Bonus - If you have an enemy targeted and in Line of Sight, and a friendly damages that enemy you get rewarded. This reward occurs only once for each enemy per match, with preference going to the pilot who first targeted and is closest to the enemy.
  • Assault: 2,500 C-bills, 25 XP
  • Conquest: 1,250 C-bills, 25 XP
Defensive Kill - If an enemy is killed while it is actively capping a base your team owns, anyone who had attacked the capturing enemy within the last 10 seconds will be rewarded.
  • Assault / Conquest: 7,500 C-bills, 150 XP
Saviour Kill - An enemy which dies while attacking a team mate who has a critical component that is at 50% health or lower, will reward any friendly who damaged it within the last 10 seconds. This is rewarded to each valid attacker regardless of who provided the killing blow.
  • Assault / Conquest: 7,500 C-bills, 150 XP
Kill Assist Bonus - For each enemy you damaged but did not deal the killing blow, you get rewarded at the end of the match.
  • Assault: 7,500 C-bills, (your damage) / (damage from all sources) x 150 XP
  • Conquest: 3,750 C-bills, (your damage) / (damage from all sources) x 150 XP
Kill Bonus - If you scored the killing blow against an enemy, you get rewarded at the end of the match. This reward replaces the Kill Assist you would normally have been rewarded.
  • Assault: 5,000 C-bills, 50 XP
  • Conquest: 2,500 C-bills, 50 XP
Component Destruction - For each non critical component you destroy from enemies that do not result in a death, you get rewarded at the end of the match.
  • Assault: 2,500 C-bills, 15 XP
  • Conquest: 1,250 C-bills, 15 XP
Capture - If you are actively capturing an enemy capture point at the moment the match ends (due to successful capture or resource win), you get rewarded at the end of the match.
  • Assault: XXX C-bills, XX XP
  • Conquest: XXX C-bills
Capture Assist - If during a match you contributed towards the capture of an enemy capture point, however were not on a point at the moment a match ends (due to successful capture or resource win), you get rewarded at the end of the match.
  • Assault: XXX C-bills, 50 XP
  • Conquest: XXX C-bills
Static Match Rewards

Assault:
  • Loss = 25,000 C-bills, 150 XP
  • Draw = 25,000 C-bills, 150 XP
  • Damage = 25 C-bills x Total Damage Done
Conquest:
  • Loss = 25,000 C-bills, 150 XP
  • Draw = 25,000 C-bills, 150 XP
  • Resources = 50 C-bills x Resources Collected
  • Damage = 25 C-bills x Total Damage Done

Complete list of Equipment and their Functions:

TAG - A TAG will provide the following benefits;
  • 50% bonus to missile targeting speed.
  • Lasts for 1 second per hit. Timer is refreshed after each hit.
  • Target locks against TAG'ed enemies decay 50% slower
  • TAG negates ECM on the targeted enemy.
  • Stacks with Artemis or NARC
  • TAG itself requires Line of Sight to apply bonuses. Bonuses do not require Line of Sight for Friendly Launchers.
  • Only works outside 180m from ECM.
NARC - A NARC will provide the following benefits;
  • 25% bonus to to missile targeting speed.
  • Maintain lock for 25% longer
  • Duration is until first of the following two conditions are met; Lasts for 30 seconds per hit. Timer is refreshed after each hit. Lasts until 40 damage has been dealt to enemy from missile sources. Damage is reset per Hit.
  • Stacks with TAG but not Artemis (eg 56.3% tighter cluster, 62.4% faster lock)
  • Works through ECM.
  • Allows all friendly mechs to target enemy regardless of Line of Sight.
Artemis - Adding Artemis will apply the following benefits.
  • Requires 1 slot and 1 ton per LRM or SRM launcher.
  • Does not apply to Streak launchers. (Bug: Currently targeting speed will improve on streaks if an Artemis enabled launcher of another type is present)
  • Enables new Missile cluster pattern (33% tighter).
  • 50% bonus to LRM targeting speed.
  • Requires Line of Sight to target for LRM benefits to apply.(Bug: Currently doesn't require LoS)
  • Stacks with TAG (eg 75% faster lock, 52% tighter cluster)
  • Overwrites NARC bonuses even without Line of Sight. (Bug: Currently Stacks with NARC)
  • 25% bonus to target acquisition range
  • 25% bonus to acquiring target information details
  • Will cancel only one enemy ECM within 150m
  • If equipped with ECM, only sensor range and targeting bonuses apply. ECM cancelling is overwritten by the equipped ECM.
  • Prevents enemies from targeting ECM protected friendlies outside 200m.
  • Friendly ECM will be negated on an enemy PPC hit for 4 seconds. If the ECM carrier is hit, all ECM benefits are disabled for 4 seconds. Another hit will refresh this timer.
Command Console - No current functionality.

AMS - Equipped AMS will provide the following benefits;
  • AMS range is 200m.
  • AMS will prioritise on missiles aimed at you but will actively target enemy missiles passing within 90m.
  • AMS will only function as long as AMS ammo is available.
  • AMS does 3.5 damage per second, equating to roughly 5 LRM missiles shot down from each volley. Or 1-2 missiles per SRM volley at max range.
  • Nearly ineffective on SRM's under 90m.
C.A.S.E - CASE when equipped provides the following benefits;
  • CASE will prevent explosion damage from propagating to adjacent sections of your Mech.
  • CASE is only used after all other Hitpoints in that section have been destroyed. Therefore it does not prevent item or component destruction.
  • For this reason, CASE does not assist with preventing XL engine destruction.
  • CASE itself has zero HP when determining item destruction and is therefore not a target itself for Critical hits.
  • Explosion damage prevented is from all internal sources such as Gauss and Ammo explosions.
  • It does not prevent external sources such as splash or direct missile damage.
  • Currently, CASE can only be mounted in either side Torso.
Heat Sinks - Heat sinks provide two functions. The first is to assist in dissipating the heat generated from weapons, movement and the environment. The third is to increase the total heat capacity available.
  • Engine Heat Sinks - All engines are required to contain a minimum of 10 Heat Sinks to function.
  • Engines below rating 250 are too small to contain all 10 Heat Sinks inside the engine, requiring the additional Heat Sinks to be installed elsewhere in the Mech.
  • The first 10 equipped of either type, no matter the location, count as Engine Heat Sinks.
  • A valid load out of 10 SHS starts with a base of 40 heat capacity, and 1 dissipation.
  • A valid load out of 10 DHS starts with a base of 50 heat capacity, and 2 dissipation.
  • For every 25 rating over 250, an engine can store an additional Heat Sink. These do not count as Engine Heat Sinks, meaning they follow standard rules below.
  • Single Heat Sinks - In addition to the initial 10 Engine Heat Sinks
  • Reduce heat at a rate of .1 per second
  • Cost 1T and 1 critical slot
  • Increase heat capacity by 1 point per Heat sink
  • Have 10 hit points
  • Double Heat Sinks - In addition to the initial 10 Engine Heat Sinks
  • Reduce heat at a rate of .14 per second
  • Cost 1T and 3 critical slots
  • Increase heat capacity by 1.4 points per Heat Sink
  • Have 10 hit points

So that's what I've got so far, being aware that some items do reflect announced changes that are due in game over next few weeks (like NARC going through ECM). Please review as this is a Work in progress and help fill in the blanks! Thanks for your assistance.

Change Log: Added Heat Sinks as equipment. Updated TAG, ECM, NARC, BAP information from 21st of May patch notes. Removed reference to HS adding to engine Hit points (Confirmed by Garth).

Still required: Clarification on how Kills are computed. If you damage and kill an enemy, does the rewards for The Kill equal the total of the Kill Assist + Kill Bonus? Or does it award the separate Kill Bonus only, dropping your Assist total for that Mech? Also, values for Capture / Capture Assists. Considering adding some items like Flamers to list. Yes / No?

Thanks for reading, I hope this is helpful!

Best compilation ever!

Any updates on how kills are counted. For example for my personal stats, does a saviour kill, defensive kill count towards my kill count?

View PostTodd Lightbringer, on 21 May 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

This post needs a postette (sticky).

I will keep it up on a daily basis (promise)

#17 CmdrPoopyPants

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 376 posts
  • LocationOshkosh, WI

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

I had a match today with 110 XP (loss + damage).. so, 150 base on loss is no longer accurate. Did it change with the first June patch?

EDIT: Conquest, loss, 100 xp just now.

Edited by CmdrPoopyPants, 09 June 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#18 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

Hi Mutaroc, those bonuses don't count towards your personal kill tally. The description of a Kill stands at where you did the final blow to the critical engine / cockpit component.The defensive / saviour kills are rewarded to anyone who participiated in the kill within 10 seconds of the enemies destruction.

So even the person who actually did the killing blow, will get the same defensive / saviour bonuses as you did. However they will then also get rewarded for the kill itself separately.

CmdrPoopyPants - I'ce updated the loss Exp now, thanks.

I might take some screenshots of the exp screens today and see if there has been any changes and make sure everything is current!

#19 Mahws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

Thanks for taking the time to write this up, there's not nearly enough information available on this stuff for new players.

Some suggestions to improve readability a bit:

• 25% bonus to target acquisition range - 25% increase to the range enemies appear on radar/become target-able
  • 25% bonus to acquiring target information details - 25% increase in speed to acquiring detailed information on targeted enemy (weapon load out, mech type, damage)
  • Will cancel only one enemy ECM within 150m - Cancels the effects of one enemy ECM within 150m
  • Prevents enemies from targeting ECM protected friendlies outside 200m. - Allies within 180m cannot be targeted/will not appear on the radar of enemies outside 200m
  • Friendly ECM will be negated on an enemy PPC hit for 4 seconds. If the ECM carrier is hit, all ECM benefits are disabled for 4 seconds. Another hit will refresh this timer. - Not sure what the first sentence here is supposed to mean?

According to both the in game mechlab and smurfy's this is incorrect. A 200 engine with the required external heatsinks gives a lower heat efficiency rating than a 250 with no extra sinks.

#20 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

Hi Mahws. I'm on my phone atm, so will go over the suggested text changes when I'm at home and able to edit the post better, some look like a good idea to make it easier for new players to understand.

On the DHS though, the information in my post is correct. I haven't checked recently but there was a bug in the Mechbay that I thought had been fixed that corrected the cooling value.

The first 10 heat sinks installed in a mech, no matter their location (all 10 in engine or some outside) count as the full 2.0 dissipation. After 10 they only provide 1.4.

There has been a few Dev posts on this in the past that confirm the values, although its not impossible that they changed this without mentioning it. I might ask this in the latest Q&A's to see if they can give an eta on a permanent fix for the display.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users