Turn 2 Button Mouse Into A 6 Button With Scrollwheel

4 replies to this topic

#1 Doelloos Verdwaald

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:13 AM

Not having a fancy multi buttoned mouse made it difficult to effectively use all of my weapongroups.
I simply do not have the dexterity to steer my legs, aim my arms AND find a finger to press 3 to fire.

The trick is that by default button1 fires the selected weapongroup.
So by binding your scrollwheel to switch weapongroups you can fire them all with button1.

Sadly you can't bind your scrollwheel in the game options yet, but it's easily done with notepad.

The file which holds your keybindings is called

[redacted]

..and save the file.

Note that if you have already changed the keys to switch weapongroups this bit is already in there!
In that case you just need to change the key you put in to "mwheel_down" or "mwheel_up"

This way it's a lot easier to manage your heat and use weapons in their right range.

Edited by Egomane, 13 April 2014 - 01:01 AM.
modification of game files

#2 Leartes

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

Thanks, I was wondering how to use my mouse wheel. Not sure if I wont directly bind groups to it, e.g. left/right arm only so that I can shot around corners without completely stepping into the open or waisting a shot.

#3 Raczaks

Rookie

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

Hi,

since the modification of the XML's is not allowed ( see http://mwomercs.com/...wo-game-client/ ) you are doing it at your own risk.

Hopefully those issues will be attended with UI 2.0 or anything else since it's quite unusual for any game these days, to support only 2/3 buttons of a mouse.

Raczaks

Edited by Raczaks, 21 May 2013 - 02:29 AM.

#4 Doelloos Verdwaald

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Well I don't see fault with it, just a workaround for a beta UI much like the joystick support they mention. Hopefully UI 2.0 will make this tinkering unnecessary.

Alternatively you can use Q & E to switch weapongroups and get much the same result

#5 Seth Deathstalker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

In the early versions of MWO you were able to bind the "switch weapons groups" to the mouse wheel.
Don't recall exactly after witch patch it stopped working, though.
I play with the mouse, too and would like to have that binding option back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users