Crash & Stability Feedback

216 replies to this topic

#181 Unfknblievable

Rookie

• Overlord
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

My experience post May 21st patch was great and problem free (other than HUD issues and some flickering textures), just stable.

After May 21st patch, I get dropped to mech lab 100% of the time, much like everyone here. A forum member posted about using a free VPN service to run MWO and it worked for him. I tried it and found my drops are completely gone.

I have submitted a support ticket with all my logs and dxdiag file. I also proved by using a VPN service, my games were played to completion. I have 8 mechs and 8 games crashed without VPN. Enabled VPN and my game was stable. This data was logged and sent in with the support ticket.

There is clearly a network issue in the client.

#182 Omega Drebin

• PipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 76 posts
  • LocationAkranes Research Facility, Thule

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

Today in mid battle I get this...
Posted Image

Any suggestions on a temporary fix? Un and re-install maybe? ;)

#183 Unfknblievable

Rookie

• Overlord
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

A re-install won't fix the issue. I had that error twice last night in 2 of the 8 games I played without using a VPN service. The other 6 games crashed to mech lab. I reinstalled my client a few days ago as well and didn't help at all.

#184 ElLocoMarko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:41 AM

Patched just a few days ago and got my challenge score up to 17 of 25 before I had a streak of game crashes. Some were crash to desktop after a short time in game. Had a couple of the program stopped running and needs to be closed. Had a few that crashed all the way back to windows desktop.

Reboots, video settings tweaks (low, high, v-sync), home network resets. Eventually just quit and went to bed (Tuesday). None of it fixed it. It was bad again Wednesday night crashing right from the start repetitively. Nearly all of these were the same. Crash from in-game back to the mechlab. My wireless can be a rollercoaster from sub 1 MBit to upwards of 20 MBit. The game has been quite stable up to this week. I eventually found that someone had piled a bunch of camera equipment on a metal sheet pan right on top of the wooden cabinet which contains the wireless hub. So I put all her crap away where it actually belongs and things got more stable. So I suspect it is local wireless problems for me. Perhaps related... I had unpacked half a dozen boxes in my office where the gaming PC lives while looking for some old books. The unpacking caused previously empty bookshelves to get filled and some boxes of wires and old computer hardware to be moved around. Those are all stashed further from the computer now.

Will try to run a wire later but that is perhaps not even possible as it is a rental house where direct line through ductwork would only be about 30 feet but a winding cable would be perhaps 200. The duct fishing required to run that 30 feet could be very challenging.

Does anyone have a trained rat?

Edited by ElLocoMarko, 30 May 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#185 Aaziz

• Pip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

View PostUnfknblievable, on 29 May 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

A re-install won't fix the issue. I had that error twice last night in 2 of the 8 games I played without using a VPN service. The other 6 games crashed to mech lab. I reinstalled my client a few days ago as well and didn't help at all.

Please explain, what do you mean "without VPN" - I used my provider's VPN, trird-side proxy VPN - no any sign of changes.

Reinstall, MWOtool, MAXfps, V-sync, tambourine and so on doesn't works, really.

#186 Aaziz

• Pip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostElLocoMarko, on 30 May 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

Will try to run a wire later but that is perhaps not even possible as it is a rental house where direct line through ductwork would only be about 30 feet but a winding cable would be perhaps 200. The duct fishing required to run that 30 feet could be very challenging.

Does anyone have a trained rat?

I haven't a rat, but have a short cable. No way - same mechlab landings, as by using Wi-Fi.

Edited by Aaziz, 30 May 2013 - 06:53 AM.

#187 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

I have a Minecraft server running on my machine, and was thinking "maybe that's interfering" and almost shut it down. But if I could run the server *before* this last patch, I'll be darned if I won't run it after.

Worst part is that it is so streaky. I had been getting all sorts of crashes, playing primarily with my Cat A1. Then I was playing last night - dozens of matches with no problems. I was beginning to think the problem was my mech choice, as I was playing strictly with my Wang last night and had a good time. But this morning I pulled my Wang out again, and it was crash city. It doesn't make any sense.

:(

Edited by Buckminster, 30 May 2013 - 07:03 AM.

#188 ElLocoMarko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

I cannot open the link provided as my employer sees it as a proxy and thus must be a hoard of slathering hackers ready to take down their company... The anecdotal evidence in this link suggests that imperfect network connections could be crashing the game. You might try the one from WANTED below. VPN causes all your packets to be routed through a single point meaning that the actual route through the internet will be different and might avoid whatever flakey hardware is the cause.

View PostWANTED, on 25 May 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

If you want to play you can use cyberghost VPN. It has worked for me everytime so far even though my ping is higher and I do get some lag from time to time but at least I can play. I did a test just now and disabled VPN and connected normally and BOOM right to mech lab. Profan mentioned this in another post and for me it has worked.

The final fix is more tolerant network handling from the client but we shall see if anything comes from PGI. The previous time the problem was rampant. This seems to be far smaller number of users (the forum is only 10 pages long... previous patch network error was 100)

#189 Aaziz

• Pip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

View PostElLocoMarko, on 30 May 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

I cannot open the link provided as my employer sees it as a proxy and thus must be a hoard of slathering hackers ready to take down their company...

CyberGhost not solves this trouble. Tested.

#190 ElLocoMarko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

View PostAaziz, on 30 May 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

CyberGhost not solves this trouble. Tested.

Dang. Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and run a test. Use the share a result button to get the overall stats. But more importantly... as it is running, does the download speed graph look pretty level or more like a rollercoaster? That graph is not on the share screen and it is more important than the average speed.

Edited by ElLocoMarko, 30 May 2013 - 07:54 AM.

#191 demon09

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostElLocoMarko, on 30 May 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

The final fix is more tolerant network handling from the client but we shall see if anything comes from PGI. The previous time the problem was rampant. This seems to be far smaller number of users (the forum is only 10 pages long... previous patch network error was 100)

In early times i was disconnected from game very rarely (1/20) but after last patch i can't play because now i'm disconnects 9/10 games.

Edited by demon09, 30 May 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#192 Aaziz

• Pip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostElLocoMarko, on 30 May 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

Dang. Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and run a test. Use the share a result button to get the overall stats. But more importantly... as it is running, does the download speed graph look pretty level or more like a rollercoaster? That graph is not on the share screen and it is more important than the average speed.

Thanks for the idea, but I tried it now. The 'rollercoasting' of high level is about 10% of overal speed (37MBit down and 15 up), according to SpeedTest it's B+(78%) in a national rating (Russia), and A(90%) of a global. If we'll take it as a reason to DC's, we have to agree, that 90% of the world internet users can't play MWO. I personally don't believe that.

Edited by Aaziz, 30 May 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#193 Audiopulse

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

Just now - started 4 games, three of them crashed. My Feedback? F*** this Sh**. Im out until I see a fix or at least a "it got better because of X". Is there any reacton to this from PGI?

#194 Alexandr Britten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationElizabethtown, PA - USA

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostAudiopulse, on 30 May 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

Just now - started 4 games, three of them crashed. My Feedback? F*** this Sh**. Im out until I see a fix or at least a "it got better because of X". Is there any reacton to this from PGI?

That's been my problem recently. One of their support staff tried to help me about 3-4 patches ago... but seemed to have given up when nothing worked. I haven't heard from them in weeks. I'm a Legendary Founder (paid $120 upfront) and even though this is still 'IN BETA' (but supposed to be RELEASED in September), this is getting old. I can't play the game due to the number of crashes. I'm really thinking they aren't getting the anger from all of us who can't play (especially those of us who supported the game with $$$ originally). I can't play with friends because it crashes for UNKNOWN reasons at UNKNOWN times.

I wish I could request a refund of my $120, clearly this product is not performing for ME (Sorry, PGI, it's my money, that's all I care about).

Please PGI - Post SOMETHING to let us know this is your TOP priority and everything else waits until you have a stable game that at least the majority of the world can play!

#195 Mydgard

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 21 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

Had not any problems the last a few month or at least not quiet often, but today: Game installed a patch (last time i was online was last week after blackjack patch), something went wrong or similar:

Started 3 Assault Games with different Mechs, everytime the game crashes soon after start ... first game approx 1 minute after start, started the fight with fireing some rockets, second one crashed after i started moving for 2 secs (but configured the weapons for about 20 secs as of trial mech) and third one crashed while moving after approx 5 secs.

The game just freeze, no error message, can only kill the game in Taskmanager.

Dunno if it helps, but will post the last lines from omicron.log (canyon network was the last map (crash 3)):

============================ PrepareLevel canyonnetwork ============================
Initializing default materials...
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop0.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop0.dds]
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/ppc_beam_b.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/ppc_beam_b.dds]
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop1.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop1.dds]
Coolant flush initialized: 1 : 0
Coolant flush post init: 1 : 0
======== canyonnetwork is loaded in 21.4 sec ========
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread

What should i do now? Can't play ...

EDIT: Used the MWORepairTool.exe Tool ... dunno if it found anything, but started another game with the another mech i hadn't used prior today, got tourmaline ... game worked nearly the whole battle until i was alone against 4 enemy mechs, in the middle of the ending fight i just killed a heavy metal, than the game freezes again without any error message:

could not free all buffers from CDevBufferMan!
UnLoadLevel End: 0.4 sec
Game rules class: Assault
============================ PrepareLevel tourmalinedesert ============================
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'objects/environments/skyboxes/forestcolony_clouddome_a.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=objects/environments/skyboxes/forestcolony_clouddome_a.dds]
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'objects/environments/skyboxes/td_rednebula_dif.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=objects/environments/skyboxes/td_rednebula_dif.dds]
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop0.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop0.dds]
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/ppc_beam_b.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/ppc_beam_b.dds]
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop1.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop1.dds]
======== tourmalinedesert is loaded in 22.0 sec ========
[Error] [UIAction] HUD (0): UIElement does not have object _root.mcMain.mcCurrentLayout.mcSpecHud.SetCount
[Error] [UIAction] HUD (0): UIElement does not have object _root.mcMain.mcCurrentLayout.mcSpecHud.SetCount

EDIT: Ok, Nacon from IRC gave me the hint to reinstall the game. That fixed the freeze bugs ... works again without problems.

Edited by Mydgard, 31 May 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#196 Xanderprime

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

I was doing well for that last (maybe 4) days. Today, every game I play I crash to the mechlab (5 games so far). My wife is working online and connected via VPN so I'm sure that is why I'm crashing. How do others connect via VPN to play this game? This is getting ridiculous and need to work around it.

#197 Xanderprime

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

3 games later....3 more crashes to mechlab. Last game didn't even start.

I get the hint....I'll do something else.

#198 Chazer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

I tried to get 25 victories for the challenge the other night with friends. Unfortunately I got 80% crash rate back to mechlab over the span of 3 hours. Frustrating to not be able to participate in the challenge and then also to drag my friends down by making them play 7v8 almost every game. If this high drop rate persists then I guess I'll just wait until I see a fix before trying to play again.

#199 MungFuSensei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 254 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

I've noticed that after crashing, my CPU is getting heat spikes. Heat that I haven't seen in any other game. Under load, my CPU will go from 40-45 C. After crashing from this game, my CPU approaches 51 C. Has anyone else noticed this? Mind you, this was at 30% load. I've seen similar heat issues in my brother's computer after playing this game.

These were crashes to the mechlab, not desktop. No error messages.

#200 Sean Kye

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 77 posts
  • LocationATL, Georgia

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Still having issues with malformed packets. I have checked all my equipment, it is sound. Latest drop;

======== canyonnetwork is loaded in 16.7 sec ========
CGameRules::OnDisconnect: Client has disconnected: cause=eDC_ProtocolError, desc=Remote disconnected: Malformed packet (1486)
CGameClientChannel::Release
could not free all buffers from CDevBufferMan!
UnLoadLevel End: 0.5 sec
sv_gamerules = mechlab []
============================ Loading level mechlab ============================
======== mechlab is loaded in 3.8 sec ========

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users