Severe Lag In Every Drop, Game Unplayable

47 replies to this topic

#1 tuokaerf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

Hello,

I've very rarely had any issues with MW:O before. Very few CTD's, and besides the occasional HUD hiccup, everything's been great.

After patching tonight, I'm getting some really severe rubber banding and lag in every single match I've tried. In addition, it takes about a minute longer to get into a match than normal, and I'm seemingly "late" compared to everyone else. My ping is around 33, which is normal and good for me.

Here's a video showing the behavior:

http://youtu.be/OMfSzRmgWs8

You can see me (and other 'mechs) hopping around all over, which makes the game totally unplayable.

For comparison, here's what happens when I drop into the Testing Grounds:

http://youtu.be/vUrnIpYrWCg

Besides some texture popping, absolutely no issues, so it's something to do with my connection to the server.

Things I have tried:

1) MW:O Repair Tool, no problems
2) All drivers are up to date, and actually have had no change since last night when the game was perfectly fine
3) Played with graphics settings, no difference
4) Full re-install via Add/Remove programs, no difference

System specs as follows:

Windows 8 64-bit
Intel Core i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

Internet connection speed: ~40Mbps

#2 Shadovar-Assassin

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, U.K

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

Game was running fine before patch now it's loading then screen goes blank for about a minute or so. Players say am in game but not moving. Screen comes on and everyone else has started the game a minute or so before me then i get the normal mech startup system check. It's now like am in game lagging a minute behind everyone else. Tried a few times and still get the same prob. Uninstalled the game but will reinstall when I have time. Will let you know how it goes..........!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Dalziel Hasek Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOxfordshire, UK

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

I have the same problem. Here's my current experience:

I have emailed more details to support and have added a reply to the "connectivity and performance" pinned thread at the top.

#4 HoppinRaven

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 44 posts
  • LocationI'd say behind you, but I'd be lying.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

Have the same rubberbanding and extreme lag on all input issue. Have also done all the standard trouble shooting points listed including clearing DNS caches. All to no avail... game remains unplayable.

NEEDS FIX!

#5 L A V A

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 308 posts
  • LocationOn the beach!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostDalziel Hasek Davion, on 21 May 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

I have the same problem. Here's my current experience:

I have emailed more details to support and have added a reply to the "connectivity and performance" pinned thread at the top.

Same thing happens to me. Long load up time, ping at 7000!

Help!

#6 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

having similar issues, mech movement response is very jerky with a ping of 220-250ish, feels like im playing with a ping of 1500 or so along with large targeting delays as well.

#7 Axident

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:46 AM

Exactly the issue I'm having. The game repair tool showed no problems with the install, but I'm doing a reinstall just in case somethings funny. Already submitted a ticket, but it is annoying.

#8 Abzorba

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:49 AM

Would guess this may be because of people patching the game???

#9 Dalziel Hasek Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 215 posts
  • LocationOxfordshire, UK

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

I have tested the latency to the servers using PING and tried playing the game very early this morning (7am GMT). My latency characteristics to the www.mwomercs.com website are still OK (~138ms), but, even at low traffic times of day, the game is still rubber-banding like crazy. I don't think it's traffic load. A reasonable suggestion, though.

#10 EvilDante

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

My lag has also increased since last patch by around 30-40% of what it used to be. Although it's not making the game unplayable, it's still quite an annoyance for piloting faster mechs.

However about a dozen of my friends/clan mates cannot play since last patch - lag for them is in the range of thousands ms. Others are experiencing an increase in lag more similar to mine.
This issue is affecting various players from various locations in the world (US, Europe, ...).

Previously I've never experienced lag increases during patch days, so I do not think it's related to people downloading the new patch.

Edited by EvilDante, 22 May 2013 - 02:55 AM.

#11 Thogz777

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

I have a really strange lag - it only shows when i fire SRM's or write a message. About 2-3 seconds delay with both after last patch. All other aspects of the game running fine.
As with the previous posts, everying works fine in testing grounds.

Edited by Thogz777, 22 May 2013 - 03:23 AM.

#12 Jelan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 429 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:08 AM

Yep i'm also experienceing bad lag/rubberbanding since the patch

#13 tuokaerf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:14 AM

Something got FUBAR'd on the network side. It looks like I'm not alone in this issue.

Hopefully enough people are getting this that they'll hotfix it sometime today or tomorrow.

Oddly enough, my FPS went up to about 40-50 after sitting at 25-30 for the past few patches, so thanks for that at least??

#14 Shazarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 525 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

At least most people can actually drop in a match, I can't even get that far!

#15 Aeronerd

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

same...... I show up late to matches (everyone's already moving out) and mechs rubber band quite severely. I have ~40-60 ms ping typically. Hasn't been a problem till this last patch :/

I'll see you again when it's fixed. :D

windows 7
i5
nvidia - updated drivers

Edited by Aeronerd, 22 May 2013 - 05:38 AM.

#16 tuokaerf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

Support got back to me with some diagnostics to run, so I'll update if I hear anything back soon on results.

I do have to say they're pretty quick to get back to you and are pretty easy to chat with.

#17 Pilotasso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 365 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

Same here! Late drops and huge ping

#18 Thogz777

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

God darn it, my problem is just with me ;) The damned missle door switch key just stopped working. So ashamed :D :unsure:

#19 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

Check your anti-virus and firewall software if they're causing you packet loss. The executable has changed and there might be a conflict there.

#20 L A V A

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 308 posts
  • LocationOn the beach!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

Yep... it appears to be anti-virus related.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users