Farmers

17 replies to this topic

#1 LapsedPacifist79

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 134 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

Been playing on and off for about 12 hours now. Seen the same guy DC at the start more times than I can count... It is really starting to get to me. And a lot of other people. And, yes, I've reported him.

How about making people play for at least 90 seconds before they get any reward? I know I would expect sweet FA if I never fired a shot or (*spits*) made a base dash. Most other games, if I CTD I'm more concerned with thinking about the last time I saved. For an online FPS I'd expect nothing.

I know this is a tired subject but this guy is so badly gaming the system it's a joke. [REDACTED]

Of course he could just be on UTube watching some stuff while he ruins our games but, if that's the case, 20 notes says it's Soulja Boy he be vibin' to.

EDIT: Just had a match... " [REDACTED] has disconnected". I should thank him really, I haven't laughed that much for a while. Pity his team got stomped though.

Edited by miSs, 03 June 2013 - 05:08 PM.
Name and Shame Clean Up

#2 Inconspicuous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

Is AFK farming profitable again...? :D

#3 p00k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

afk farming basically gets you almost nothing nowadays. actually disconnecting, not merely afk'ing at base and waiting to be killed, and you really get nothing.

also, @ OP, keep in mind this latest patch has caused some people to consistently disconnect, getting kicked back to mechlab. i'm talking >50% of drop attempts. sounds like the guy was having that problem, and you just happened to be in the same elo bracket as him

http://www.reddit.co...is_getting_the/
http://mwomercs.com/...-everytime-now/
http://www.reddit.co...hes_to_mechlab/

keep these things in mind before you get all report-happy on what may be innocent people. you think you're frustrated dropping down a man? think how annoyed they are to not be able to drop at all

#4 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

I spent game after game after this recent patch being dropped and quit for several days because of it. Have since tried the repair tool and some other things (like restarting my PC more often when playing MWO specifically) and am having less problems.

It's a known series of bugs (malformed packets etc) that the Devs have acknowledged and are working on.

How bad is your Elo, that you're seeing the same name with disco's over and over? Ouch!

#5 Barberian

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

Yesterday FOUR members of the opposite team DC'd. It was the same people I'd seen all day DC'ing within seconds of the match starting. They just managed to end up on the same team in the same match.

Seriously... some coding needs to be directed at this problem.

1. Allow only 2 'Mechs in game at a time. This would provide an incentive to live, instead of kamikaze or DC.

2. Only allow a certain number of DC's per 24 hr period. I know this can affect some people with poor internet connections, but why should the whole community be adversely affected by a few people?

3. Anything else that will work.

Edited by Barberian, 04 June 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#6 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

http://astrofarmer.ytmnd.com/

#7 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

I can't speak for others but the game has started to lock up on me. In the past I had a few crash to desktops and after one patch I couldn't even play but that was a wide spread issue and quickly resolved.

Whats happening to me is the game just locks up out of no where. The MWO mouse icon appears on the screen and if I tab out of the game everything else is working but MWO is frozen. I've had it happen during the drop sequence and in the middle of the match. So thats my story.

Now do I think there are some people disconnecting on purpose, trying to farm the game? Absolutly. And from what I understand people that DC at the start of the game get nothing. And people that disconnect during a game are only rewarded for what they've done and don't receive any end game bonus as it should be. Does it penalize the honest DC? Its debatable but the people that actually disconnect because of a real issue boot back up and keep playing so their only out one game.

#8 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

maybe he's not farming - maybe everytime he DCs and you're like "godammit, this dude DC'd again!" he's like GODAMMIT! I DC'D AGAIN!"

Edited by DocBach, 04 June 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#9 Wormrex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 164 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

Yea, the two most recent patch don't seem to work quite right with my graphic card it seems, crashing is becoming a routine, at least it wasn't to the desktop, Just the match itself.

So yes for me it crashes back to mech lab at the most annoying of moments, Sometimes Betty gets to tell me all system nominal before I got ejected, sometimes I get to run around a little, and gets ejected the very moment I line my sight up on that red cored rear CT... I tell you the latest batch of ejection seats has to have some mechanical issue!

#10 SinnerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

View Postp00k, on 03 June 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

afk farming basically gets you almost nothing nowadays. actually disconnecting, not merely afk'ing at base and waiting to be killed, and you really get nothing.

This is 100% wrong. I made a post on the subject, but it got instantly locked because discussion of an exploit only encourages more people to use it(and hence get the devs to fix it faster, but whatever).

If you disconnect, you will get rewards. You'll always get the standard win/loss bonus. If you play conquest, you'll get the resource bonus. And if your team wins, you'll get the salvage bonus. Plus your premium/hero/founder bonuses, of course.

Ironically, the few times I crashed when testing this, I got no rewards at all. How's that for a kick in the teeth.

#11 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

View PostSinnerX, on 05 June 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

This is 100% wrong. I made a post on the subject, but it got instantly locked because discussion of an exploit only encourages more people to use it(and hence get the devs to fix it faster, but whatever).

If you disconnect, you will get rewards. You'll always get the standard win/loss bonus. If you play conquest, you'll get the resource bonus. And if your team wins, you'll get the salvage bonus. Plus your premium/hero/founder bonuses, of course.

Ironically, the few times I crashed when testing this, I got no rewards at all. How's that for a kick in the teeth.

Yes, you will get those bonuses, but they are so much smaller than what you would receive had you actually played the match and shot a few things that there is pretty much no incentive to do so.

I feel that 95% of disconnects are just that. Bugs, crashes, and disconnects. Hell, I still get booted out of what feels like 1/5 of my matches.

Edited by Roughneck45, 05 June 2013 - 07:14 AM.

#12 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

A friend of mine goes through waves where he'll keep getting disconnected. He is in no way farming and he likes the game but hates when this happens to him. It can easily look like he's a "problem player," but he's not, and I can only assume the same is true of many others.

Now, the folks who BRAG about their disconnect farming to their team before disconnecting... well, that's a real problem.

#13 SinnerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:17 AM

View PostRoughneck45, on 05 June 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

Yes, you will get those bonuses, but they are so much smaller than what you would receive had you actually played the match and shot a few things that there is pretty much no incentive to do so.

I feel that 95% of disconnects are just that. Bugs, crashes, and disconnects. Hell, I still get booted out of what feels like 1/5 of my matches.

I won't post specific numbers and I'm not going to encourage others to try it firsthand, but I will say that even in the most conservative estimates, farming and regular play are about equal. When you start figuring in actual gameplay conditions like wins and losses on both sides, and games that last 10+ minutes, farming becomes staggeringly more profitable. And it has the added incentive that you can do it quite effectively while focused on other things.

All I'm saying is that if you're in a situation like the TC where you're seeing the same guy disconnecting over and over, stop giving him the benefit of the doubt and report him.

#14 Barberian

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

If a player farms three 'Mechs and plays the fourth, he/she/it earns more than just playing one 'Mech. THAT is one of the main reasons there are so many DC's.

Yes, I understand the game crashes some times. It happens to me once or twice an hour currently.

There are also people who refuse to play a certain map, or type of map. Some brawlers DC on the large open maps. Some snipers DC in the city maps. etc.

#15 Homeless Bill

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

Disconnect farming is not a thing anymore. It used to be, but the days of [Redacted] are long behind us.

Edited by Egomane, 10 June 2013 - 11:24 PM.
Name and Shame

#16 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 07 June 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

Disconnect farming is not a thing anymore. It used to be, but the days of [Redacted] are long behind us.
Explain that reference!

Edited by Egomane, 10 June 2013 - 11:24 PM.
Name and Shame

#17 soarra

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 10 June 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

i remember watching 4 guys on my team do this one match. was a challenge to try and kill them before they suicided

#18 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

For discussion of possible exploits this thread is closed!

Remember:
Posting about exploits doesn't help in finding a solution against it. It will only advertise the exploit further!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users