10 replies to this topic

#1 MouseNo4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 630 posts
  • LocationVictoria Australia

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

Has there been any movement on this over the past couple months ive been inactive?

Shortly before i stopped playing a few months ago, the glowing red button everyone assumed was the eject button was added. But after looking in the controls, all i can find is something referred to as ''cockpit item'' button. I highly doubt this is the eject button so i will just assume the eject function never materialised in my absence.

Has there been any word on when or if this function will be implemented?

Keep in mind this topic isnt here to debate the function's legality in this game, just a question as to any announcements or information relevant to the topic.

(Oh and i did perform a search but found topics created by players dating back months if not a year)

Edited by MouseNo4, 03 June 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

View PostMouseNo4, on 03 June 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Has there been any movement on this over the past couple months ive been inactive?

Shortly before i stopped playing a few months ago, the glowing red button everyone assumed was the eject button was added. But after looking in the controls, all i can find is something referred to as ''cockpit item'' button. I highly doubt this is the eject button so i will just assume the eject function never materialised in my absence.

Has there been any word on when or if this function will be implemented?

Keep in mind this topic isnt here to debate the function's legality in this game, just a question as to any announcements or information relevant to the topic.

(Oh and i did perform a search but found topics created by players dating back months if not a year)

The big red button by the cockpit model was removed.  (Ejection is actually the lever between your legs though).

The function has not been implemented.  I gave a request for this to be put in for disconnected players as players used to exit the match during a fight to avoid being "killed."  However nothing has happened with it.

It's a low priority with the main game coming in July/August.

Edited by Koniving, 03 June 2013 - 08:09 PM.

#3 MouseNo4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 630 posts
  • LocationVictoria Australia

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

Yeah i did wonder why the red button (which we all assumed was the eject button) was up on the cockpit wall/window when it makes sense for it to be near your hands.

So they have not implemented ejecting yet due to it being a low priority. OK thanks. Been waiting for that since the start of beta.

#4 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

It probably will never happen. Providing more, easier ways for people to suicide won't add to the game. If we had r&r still then sure...but we aren't getting that back either.

#5 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

http://ejecting.ytmnd.com/

#6 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

The ejection lever was tested already. But after the coder pulled the Lever they found out that they forgot to add a removeable section in the armored cockpit roof.

Garth was not happy at having to clean the coder out of the cockpit with a toothbrush (and Nico was even less happy after he found out just who's toothbrush was used).

#7 ChuChuRo

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

View PostKoniving, on 03 June 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

(Ejection is actually the lever between your legs though)
(In case of emergency, rub it hard 'til it ejects something.)

No, haven't heard of such a feature being planned. Not for it, either. (Unless they implement hardcore mode with perma death of your pilot. ^^)

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:46 AM

I'm figuring it'd be an automatic thing to occur when your mech is destroyed; thusly explaining why you survive.

In the very first 3-D battletech game (which was networked against other players in 1992 and you had to pay 10 dollars to play it), all mechs automatically ejected the pilot upon destruction.

#9 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

View PostKoniving, on 04 June 2013 - 05:46 AM, said:

I'm figuring it'd be an automatic thing to occur when your mech is destroyed; thusly explaining why you survive.

In the very first 3-D battletech game (which was networked against other players in 1992 and you had to pay 10 dollars to play it), all mechs automatically ejected the pilot upon destruction.

could be, but it'd be entirely a visual thing, really. I'd like to see that, as it's very much proper Battletech, but I'd be surprised to see it happen at all, particularly not before launch.

I guarantee there won't be a player controlled eject option ever, though.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

That's exactly what I expect it to be. A visual element.

#11 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

As long as it doesn't lead to Stackpoling :angry:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users