Matchmaker Still Sucks.

12 replies to this topic

#1 Arinur

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

2-3 assaults plus 2-3 heavies plus assorted mechs vs a bunch of mediums and lights. How do you think it turned out?

Tonnage should be roughly equal. oh, and the number of players should be equal also. none of this 5 vs 8 ****.

Fix it.

#2 Maleki

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

Seconded. This is getting out of control. Multiple drops when outnumber AND out tonned. MANY matches where just out tonned.

#3 UberPotato

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

Had a fun game earlier. We had a pretty balanced team besides only having one assault. They have 6 DD-Cs, a Stalker and a Jenner. :)

#4 Koujo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

Seems like it's worse than before. Just got finished with a match where my team had 3 trial atlases. That's the second time I've seen that happen in two days. Needless to say we got rolled. Also noticing a lot of steam rolls happening on both sides.

#5 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Posted Image

Just sayen....

Edited by Kibble, 06 June 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#6 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostKibble, on 06 June 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

Just sayen....

That map should have been an easy win for you guys, just cap resources and leave them screaming in frustration.

#7 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

wasn't meant for a "hey here is what you could have done to win" post more of a "yeah look at the weight differance". Of course we could have ran and capped but that obviously didn't happen.

#8 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

CONSTANTLY getting 8-2, 8-0, 8-1 rounds still. Which would suggest that the team i drop with are either always really awesome or awesomely terrible...

...or matchmaking is still not right.

#9 voltron1984

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • Locationabout 975m away

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

Yeah matchmaking sucked tonight - I was either 7-1 or 8-0 or vice versa... Getting steamrolled 6 in a row SUCKS. Especially when the entire BRAVO lance does < 250 dmg. Not kidding on that one. Alpha was ok - my buddy and I held our own but the other 6 <150 each. Just one example. PLEASE FIX MATCHMAKING. I enjoy 8-5 and 6-8 far more than 0-8 or 8-0.

#10 Prince V

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationA land of cautious optimism tempered with justified skepticism.

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

Hahahahaha Canuck307... very nice. So LunaWolves (AKA ClanWolf from MW:4 Ven') has resorted to pubstomping newbies with DD-C master-race lances. I'm ashamed to say I was ever involved with {CW} and CWRoy back in MW:4 Vengeance. They weren't like that back then, at least not that I saw or remember, now they're just a bunch of goons it seems, recruiting anyone that's a competent pilot regardless of honor.
Guess I can add this to their growing list of transgressions along with Teamkilling and various forms of trash-talking/trolling and A$$-hattery.

Edited by Prince V, 07 June 2013 - 01:24 AM.

#11 Monkeystador

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:52 PM

They should just put Trials and Stocks mechs into a different class for matchmaking. This way one could choose against what types of mechs he wants to drop.
Leave a tickbox to have players being matches with customs mechs too.
The whole elo thing is poop atm.

View Postvoltron1984, on 06 June 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

Yeah matchmaking sucked tonight - I was either 7-1 or 8-0 or vice versa... Getting steamrolled 6 in a row SUCKS. Especially when the entire BRAVO lance does < 250 dmg. Not kidding on that one. Alpha was ok - my buddy and I held our own but the other 6 <150 each. Just one example. PLEASE FIX MATCHMAKING. I enjoy 8-5 and 6-8 far more than 0-8 or 8-0.

Problem is you cant really matchmake teamskill unless you would record scores for team setups ( like starcraft does ). Dont know if PGI is doing that. They would have to record every combination of players. Its quite alot but its necessary if you want to be more precise.

#12 SgtKinCaiD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

Same as here :
http://mwomercs.com/...-elite-players/

#13 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:02 AM

elo = punishment for success. You get put on successively worse and worse teams. You can't form 8 mans since they only play 8 mans and you very often get "no match found".

I am looking to the proposed 12 man model for my suggestion, so bear that in mind. I want more competitive play, not endless random loners who wander off, die, and weaken your team and greatly increasing your chances for losing. I love teamwork games, but its a STRUGGLE to find teamwork in this game.

Category 1: Make new players (first 25 rounds, or a time period two weeks) and maybe even trial mechs (though Ive done well in them even regular matches) in one category of matches - so that the match maker puts these together first if possible. If we must have new player protection, then this allows new players and weaker trial mechs an avenue of play that is generally not as rough mech/gear wise (though probably more random and less organized).

Category 2: Make all other players default to this category, which pits you against groups of randoms and up to 6 man groups in matches. Four man groups are too few. The fact that people are synch dropping all the time shows 4 man groups are too small. People want to play together more, not be forced to divide up. Having up to 6 man groups in the public cue will allow for 2 randoms... which is not nearly as fatal to the group as 4 randoms who wander off and die alone. PLEASE PGI make the match making MORE group oriented. Teamwork = win.

Category 3: Have this category be selected when a group is formed, but instead of forcing a solid 8 man vs 8 man; have it where it is possible to form groups of 7-12. Have the match maker prefer filling in the remaining spots with grouped people. For example, a 7 man team launches and there are 5 spots left. A 5 man team (from category 2) also launches and is pulled in to fill the rest. If no 5 man is out there, then a 4 man and 1 individual (both from category 2), then a 3 man and a 2 man... etc. Thus coordinated players will be preferred in this category.

Forcing a specific number of players in a drop kills the flexability of playing with your friends... hence 8 mans are so rare. A more flexible system must be used to allow high end competitive play - which is what I am longing to be a part of. This endless pugging is very frustrating because even when if I have killed 6 of the enemy in one round, our team will have 3 remaining players that RUN from the last enemy and die (yes this really happened).

Posted Image

Please do not punish teamwork by limiting groups to a max of 4 and only 8 mans after that. Please let teamwork thrive again.

Edited by Seddrik, 11 June 2013 - 01:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users