7 replies to this topic

#1 FREDtheDEAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Autstralia

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

In 32 games:
  • 29 were between 8-0 and 8-3 - walkovers. I was on both losing and winning teams.
  • 2 were very close (one came down to a 1 on 1 duel - edge-of-seat stuff)
  • 1 was a draw

Bug report: in a draw game, all players get less XP and CBill rewards than if their team lost the game.

Anyway...

8-nil type games are getting a lot more common, IMHO.

The matchmaker wasn't brilliant when it was just weight based but it seems much worse now and consistently so.

Experiences of other players???.

#2 Koujo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:53 AM

I'm seeing the same thing. Don't know what changed but it's definitely broke atm.

#3 SgtKinCaiD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

Same thing as here : http://mwomercs.com/...alancing-teams/

#4 Zphyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 703 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

Actually, more than 8-0/1 it's the frequent imbalance in MM that worries me. It's now much more often getting 4 assaults and no light in one team, but the other has 4 lights and no assaults than a few months ago. Or all assaults vs all heavies. This is not normal, right? It was going kind of fine in the last patch.

#5 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

View PostXajorkith, on 07 June 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

Bug report: in a draw game, all players get less XP and CBill rewards than if their team lost the game.

Not sure that is a bug, I believe that is working as intended but can't find a reference handy.

Mods - any insights?

#6 HarmAssassin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI, USA

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

Steamrolls are the rule of thumb now, instead of the exception. Lopsided stomps are the result of their supposed ELO system. I'd rather just have them balance matches by weight class and nothing else.

#7 Zphyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 703 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostMarvyn Dodgers, on 07 June 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

Not sure that is a bug, I believe that is working as intended but can't find a reference handy.

Mods - any insights?

A draw earn less than a loss since Close Beta, if memory serves me right, for some reason I can't recall (to discourage forced draws maybe?). So I believe it's intended.

#8 FREDtheDEAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Autstralia

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

Another 30 matches shows predominance of 8-3 scores with only two notable 'even' matches.

I don't know why the most common result is 8 to 3 but it's definitely a theme this week.

I'd rather wait longer for the matchmaker to put together a fair game than be dropped with a team of newbies against a pre-made and a bunch of founder-tag veterans (at its most extreme this does happen). Or visa versa.

DCs are much less frequent than they were prior to this patch, so well done PGI/Piranha for the recent stability fixes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users