Request For More Information On Matchmaking Tuning Effort

No replies to this topic

#1 Lynx7725

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

Can PGI let us have more information on the tuning efforts they have underway for Maggie the Matchmaker?

I understand that in order to reduce wait times, the Matchmaking can loosen the constraints as the wait time increases. However, the number of games with significant tonnage difference (which I define internally as >= 60 tons, or one heavy mech), or where the assault class is not matched well, seems to be sufficiently high.

Not so terrible as to be a point of contention (yet), but I guesstimate about 15% to 20% of my matches would have either significant tonnage differences or have a mismatch in assault mechs. Playing in unpopular time period exacerbate this problem.

Note that I'm not asking for ELO changes or technical implementations of Matchmaking, I'm just wondering if PGI can share what they are looking into to improve the user experience, specifically in the area of matchmaking. Having just came out from a game where we had a 5 Assault vs. 2 Assault mismatch, plus an 85 tons difference, makes it a bit hard to swallow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users