Does Artemis Interact With Ssrms?

12 replies to this topic

#1 BootHands

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

Like, does it give me a faster lock or something?

Is there any way to improve the lock speed, other than a tag laser?

#2 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

Question 1 - Yes. It impacts lock speed and is worthwhile.
Question 2 - Beagle Active Probes will also boost lock speed.
Unasked Question 3 - Yes, BAP and TAG stack for very, very fast locks.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

It's answered already.

But if you're wondering, Artemis is NOT supposed to boost speed on SSRMs. But it does, since LRMs and Streaks use the same lock-on mechanic.

#4 BootHands

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostKoniving, on 16 June 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

It's answered already.

But if you're wondering, Artemis is NOT supposed to boost speed on SSRMs. But it does, since LRMs and Streaks use the same lock-on mechanic.

Sweet! Do any of the modules give it an even faster lock?

I'm trying to min/max a streakcat.

#5 Y2kHippy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

The modules your looking for is the one that gives longer lock on time, and 360 targeting. Seismic is also a good one to have in general.

The most important thing for your streak cat is to have BAP... this will allow you to still target those DDC's and Pesky ECM lights.

#6 BR0WN_H0RN3T

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 701 posts
  • LocationElysium

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

Buy artemis on all your missile mechs. It's that good but pricey!

#7 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

View PostY2kHippy, on 16 June 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

The modules your looking for is the one that gives longer lock on time, and 360 targeting. Seismic is also a good one to have in general.

The most important thing for your streak cat is to have BAP... this will allow you to still target those DDC's and Pesky ECM lights.

I don't necessarily recommend 360 target retention, but you'd do well with Advance Sensor Range (it mitigates ECM giving you a wider window to target mechs shielded by ECM, and in conjunction with BAP allows you to target ECM mechs pretty reliably) and either Advanced Targe Decay or Seismic Sensor.

#8 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,062 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostDEMAX51, on 17 June 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

I don't necessarily recommend 360 target retention, but you'd do well with Advance Sensor Range (it mitigates ECM giving you a wider window to target mechs shielded by ECM, and in conjunction with BAP allows you to target ECM mechs pretty reliably) and either Advanced Targe Decay or Seismic Sensor.

I strongly recommend 360 when using streaks. The total time saved by not having to reacquire both normal and missile lock is substantial. Faster initially locking is not that important once you have your target and are engaged to the death.

#9 Skoaljaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 126 posts
  • LocationAnywhere, USA

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Artemis is worth every penny!

#10 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostVictor Morson, on 16 June 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

Question 1 - Yes. It impacts lock speed and is worthwhile.
Question 2 - Beagle Active Probes will also boost lock speed.
Unasked Question 3 - Yes, BAP and TAG stack for very, very fast locks.

I'm pretty sure BAP did three things before the recent change when it now also counters ECM at 150m. Detects shut-down mechs at close range, decreases the time it takes to get target information (like the module) and increases radar range (like the module). It doesn't boost lock speed AFAIK.

#11 FrDrake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

View Postwarner2, on 17 June 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure BAP did three things before the recent change when it now also counters ECM at 150m. Detects shut-down mechs at close range, decreases the time it takes to get target information (like the module) and increases radar range (like the module). It doesn't boost lock speed AFAIK.

You are correct BAP does NOT boost lock speed in any way.

#12 Tabrias07

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

View Postwarner2, on 17 June 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

You can actually get missile lock between 180-200m of a target carrying ECM. Advanced Sensor Range buffs this, and also increases the BAP-ECM nullification radius (iirc). You are correct that it does not increase lock speed though.

360 target retention is kind of worthless, it's only real use is for lights mechs to run around and hold indirect missile locks as far as I can tell. It doesn't increase the duration of your missile lock if a target is behind you.

Advanced target decay increases the missile lock retention time to 3.5 secs at max, very useful on LRM boats because it increases the range at which your missiles will be guaranteed to hit, or at least make it all the way there, if you lose line of sight (ecm, or they enemy mech shutting down will still break lock).

Edited by Tabrias07, 19 June 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#13 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

I know the Artemis upgrade is great, but what if there are mechs that don't have missile - heavy hardpoints and salvos like the QuickDraw? Should LRM and Artemis still be used? I mean you can't really boat LRMs with it. Is Artemis a must for it for those who want to run LRM as secondary weapons?

Edited by ZeProme, 19 June 2013 - 09:01 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users