Jump to content

Quickdraw Builds!


18 replies to this topic

#1 Raso

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

I'm just theory crafting atm because I can't get onto to play at this time but here are some quick builds I threw together.

I was actually surprised by the 5K's stock load out. It's not terrible, but for a heavy mech it's a little bit underwhelming.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...08f6b90f2cdcd20
I traded some heat efficiency and my JJs for 2 large lasers for more long range damage.

Remeber when you use to go in SRMs blazing and take names? Yeah, when can we make that a thing again? When that happens here's a build for the 4H in that spirit.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...21d563723187bdb

And last but not least another 5K build. This one goes for full speed with a max STD engine and 6 medium lasers.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4647c03c03e766f
You could also cut some arm armor and drop the arm mounted lasers for some JJs for added mobility but if you are going to go that far you might as well just grab yourself a Blackjack and have more firepower...

Obligatory ERPPC boat.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a268335ccb3fd30
Probably shouldn't even bother with the small lasers, just replace them with more heatsinks because that's what meta says to do, or something.

#2 0okami

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • 445 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...ickdraw-builds/
*Cough* Ehem *Cough*

#3 Raso

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

Well what do you know. I seldom hang around down on those parts of the forum.

#4 goatreich

    Member

  • Veteran Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

Im running this one: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d50554cdb773a4e

Not bad so far. has some punch at medium and short range. runs somewhat hot but manageable. I still havent been killed by side torso shots. XL is surprisingly safe in this mech.

#5 Inveramsay

    Member

  • Veteran Founder
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:10 AM

View Postgoatreich, on 18 June 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

Im running this one: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d50554cdb773a4e Not bad so far. has some punch at medium and short range. runs somewhat hot but manageable. I still havent been killed by side torso shots. XL is surprisingly safe in this mech.


I'm running basically the same except I put a JJ and some more armour on the legs instead of the MPlas. Plays really nicely actually

#6 Arete

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:33 AM

I'm trying out XL360 on the 5K with 4xML in torso and 2xMPL in the arms. Can jam 20 DHS in it with that build, so quite an effective brawler (3 JJs for added mobility). Does have the added weakness of the XL, but so far that hasn't been a real problem, have only died from side torso when I'm the last mech standing and they get me in the back.

#7 ZeProme

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:37 AM

So... I really want to look for STD engine builds for brawling purposes. Anyone got some?

#8 Hebdomas

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 155 posts
  • Locationoutside Seattle, WA

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

Theoretical standard engine builds:
4H Streak http://mwo.smurfy-ne...641d17694ff7c16
Standard 300, includes Beagle Active Probe. Rearrange and switch JJs for DHS to fit your taste. Dropping one DHS will allow enough space to use FF allowing for even more armor. (Currently at 352 armor without FF)

4H SRM http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=83&l=054d5010b7419b755feb6eb76dfd6af132ef87ea
Standard 300, endo-steel, DHS, FF, 4 JJ, 358 armor. Unfortunately, there isn't enough space or weight for Artemis. You could potentially drop three jumpjets for Artemis, but that only leaves you with one jumpjet and I don't know how well just one would function. Could just drop all the jumpjets and get Artemis and either add more armor or take another ton of SRM ammo.

5K Upgraded Stock http://mwo.smurfy-ne...93736e41c3c1555
Standard 300, endo-steel, DHS, 5JJ, 384 armor. Can drop jumpjets for DHS to fit your taste.

#9 Scarface1978

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

5K just go with XL and 2LL and 4ML and 1 JJ to beter turn and its really good mech...

#10 Moomtazz

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostScarface1978, on 19 June 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

5K just go with XL and 2LL and 4ML and 1 JJ to beter turn and its really good mech...


Yeah, I had a 340XL already and this is my favorite build so far:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3e6661e9b61672b

#11 ZeProme

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostHebdomas, on 19 June 2013 - 06:42 AM, said:

Theoretical standard engine builds:
4H Streak http://mwo.smurfy-ne...641d17694ff7c16
Standard 300, includes Beagle Active Probe. Rearrange and switch JJs for DHS to fit your taste. Dropping one DHS will allow enough space to use FF allowing for even more armor. (Currently at 352 armor without FF)

4H SRM http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=83&l=054d5010b7419b755feb6eb76dfd6af132ef87ea
Standard 300, endo-steel, DHS, FF, 4 JJ, 358 armor. Unfortunately, there isn't enough space or weight for Artemis. You could potentially drop three jumpjets for Artemis, but that only leaves you with one jumpjet and I don't know how well just one would function. Could just drop all the jumpjets and get Artemis and either add more armor or take another ton of SRM ammo.

5K Upgraded Stock http://mwo.smurfy-ne...93736e41c3c1555
Standard 300, endo-steel, DHS, 5JJ, 384 armor. Can drop jumpjets for DHS to fit your taste.


Meh, a theoretical build of mine: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b4767fe9610651e

Nearly the same as stock, but with more armor. LRM with brawler build IMO helps like at times when I'm far away from group or trying to stay away from being cored.

Can swap those 2 LRM 5s for 2 SRM 4s for better brawling capability. So you get 3 SRM 4s, 6 ML with that build.

Lastly, FF doesn't help much. I tested it many times, couldn't save much just only 1.2tons. 2 critical slots are left.

#12 itiziDITKA

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Phoenix Guardian
  • Phoenix Guardian
  • 76 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

Can't remember my exact build, but it's fairly similar to one the OP's 5k. I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised when it came equipped with double heat sinks. Saved a ton of C bills and the time needed to gather them.

That said, I started playing by using 6 medium lasers and filling out the rest of the tonnage with DHS and increased the armor.
Once I was able to get endo-steel internals and replaced two of the medium lasers with large lasers, AND added a couple jump-jets for maneuverability. First match with this load-out ended with me getting all 4 kills for my team and over 700 damage.

I've found that the quickdraw is surprisingly durable and torso twists. The best part is that it basically impossible to have all your weapons blown off, since they're spread all around. You will almost always have some amount of firepower, no matter how damaged you are.

TLDR;
This QKD-5K is awesome

#13 ZeProme

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostitiziDITKA, on 19 June 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

Can't remember my exact build, but it's fairly similar to one the OP's 5k. I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised when it came equipped with double heat sinks. Saved a ton of C bills and the time needed to gather them.

That said, I started playing by using 6 medium lasers and filling out the rest of the tonnage with DHS and increased the armor.
Once I was able to get endo-steel internals and replaced two of the medium lasers with large lasers, AND added a couple jump-jets for maneuverability. First match with this load-out ended with me getting all 4 kills for my team and over 700 damage.

I've found that the quickdraw is surprisingly durable and torso twists. The best part is that it basically impossible to have all your weapons blown off, since they're spread all around. You will almost always have some amount of firepower, no matter how damaged you are.

TLDR;
This QKD-5K is awesome

Wow! This build might just work for me! I haven't purchased a QKD variant yet, still deciding but your build seems to be very promising.

The only thing that turns me down about this build is just the 2 JJs. I want 5JJs for better maneuverability. Do you use JJs often with the QKD-5K?

#14 itiziDITKA

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Phoenix Guardian
  • Phoenix Guardian
  • 76 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostZeProme, on 19 June 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

Wow! This build might just work for me! I haven't purchased a QKD variant yet, still deciding but your build seems to be very promising.

The only thing that turns me down about this build is just the 2 JJs. I want 5JJs for better maneuverability. Do you use JJs often with the QKD-5K?


It's definitely a solid build. I'm looking forward to using it some more when I get home. I'm not an expert with jump jets as I haven't used them much, but I've found myself using them virtually every match, especially in brawling while my weapons cool down.

#15 Ordate

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

The original build for this guy was just a lets see what he could do. Surprisingly it worked well. So I dropped only 1 of the JJs and added another heat sink. You play it with almost a light mindset. Never stop moving, never stop jumping.

Jumpy:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b0e6127ec61d2fd

Now I'm sure some people will say it is a waste to have all those JJs, and I would have agreed with you before I tried it. The few games I played with him was hitting in the 400 damage range on several, mid 500s on one, and mid 600s on another. I jumped accidently between two ac40s on one game so that one was a no go. But overall I like it.

Just a side note: Love how you can spread damage all over the place on this mech. Most the match I end with no arms (completely blown off) no armor on legs and no armor on at least the CT if not the sides also.

Edited by Ordate, 19 June 2013 - 08:24 PM.


#16 Theer

    Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:48 AM

Just created QKD-5K after a lot of experiments. Its best config for me, ive got all i want from him - max speed, JJs, AMS and excelent firepower and flexibility in combat.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...49b9655b7526520

#17 Hebdomas

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 155 posts
  • Locationoutside Seattle, WA

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostZeProme, on 19 June 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:


Meh, a theoretical build of mine: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b4767fe9610651e

Nearly the same as stock, but with more armor. LRM with brawler build IMO helps like at times when I'm far away from group or trying to stay away from being cored.

Can swap those 2 LRM 5s for 2 SRM 4s for better brawling capability. So you get 3 SRM 4s, 6 ML with that build.

Lastly, FF doesn't help much. I tested it many times, couldn't save much just only 1.2tons. 2 critical slots are left.


Having two LRM5s saves you one ton over a LRM10, but I find that the missiles from LRM5s get chewed up from AMS a lot more. If you take FF you could fit in an LRM10 which would do better against AMS. (Unless they've changed it and I'm not mistaken AMS destroys a fixed range of missiles, seems like 3-5, regardless of what kind of LRM launcher was used. So with an LRM5 all your missiles could be destroyed. To make it worse, AMS seems to shoot down per launcher fired not per salvo, so even if you fired both LRM5s at the same time you'd be losing 3-5 missiles per launcher. With two LRM5s you'd be losing 6-10 missiles if fired at the time while with a LRM10 you'd only be losing 3-5 missiles. Though again, you might want to get confirmation on this.)

If you have the C-bills and crit slots why not use FF? You could add another ton of missile ammo and add more leg armor. However, I guess everyone has their own criteria on when FF would be "worth it".

#18 ZeProme

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostHebdomas, on 20 June 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:


Having two LRM5s saves you one ton over a LRM10, but I find that the missiles from LRM5s get chewed up from AMS a lot more. If you take FF you could fit in an LRM10 which would do better against AMS. (Unless they've changed it and I'm not mistaken AMS destroys a fixed range of missiles, seems like 3-5, regardless of what kind of LRM launcher was used. So with an LRM5 all your missiles could be destroyed. To make it worse, AMS seems to shoot down per launcher fired not per salvo, so even if you fired both LRM5s at the same time you'd be losing 3-5 missiles per launcher. With two LRM5s you'd be losing 6-10 missiles if fired at the time while with a LRM10 you'd only be losing 3-5 missiles. Though again, you might want to get confirmation on this.)

If you have the C-bills and crit slots why not use FF? You could add another ton of missile ammo and add more leg armor. However, I guess everyone has their own criteria on when FF would be "worth it".


I wanted the build to be flexible. I don't want to spend some extra money removing the FF to change gears, after all I can change the mech into a pop-tart sniper with an XL 300 engine (soon to be bought). I don't even have a pop-tart sniper, so this build IMO is flexible with no extra cost.

Strange, I never knew that 2 LRM 5s get shot down faster than 1 LRM 10. I need to confirm this with Kon.

The reasoning behind the 4H is the ability to save weight compared to the 4G. I think 7 JJs are too much, 5 JJs seems to be right giving the mech great maneuverability. 3 missile hardpoints lets me save weight and use more variety of missile weapons depending on the role I want. Can do LRM support, SRM brawler or a mix of both.

#19 Cookiemonter669

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • LocationTampere,Finland

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:13 AM

Currently i`m having a blast with this setup: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0c9e55cad038985

For those close range harassment's you can replace the PPC with a Large Pulse Laser

Heat efficiency is 1.3 which is good for a energy boat

Also i have tried same setup with 6 medium lasers + SRM6 with good results

Necropost but who cares





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users