Hits Not Registering

10 replies to this topic

#1 Kazly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:57 AM

Anyone notice significantly more hits not registering since last patch?

In one game, I counted 5 gauss, 2 were at point blank range, that didn't register. Checked my ping, checked target's ping, and both were acceptable (mine is 38).

I'll start recording with fraps tonight, see if I can't get it on video.

I'd see this in the past once in a great while, but it was always subjective if the shot it or not. Last night, it was ridiculous - even called my son over to see if i was crazy (we both play, he's in the same room).

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

Yup. Worst culprit for me was my Victors RA weapons port. Full locks at PBR (under 50m) and watching the projectile wizz out across the map, like PPCs used to do before they nerfed convergence. I also find Spiders nigh impossible to hit with Ballistics, even when stationary now, and Centys seem to have lag shield on top of their Zombie effect.

Wheeeeeee!

#3 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

Yeah, I see this especially with spiders.

#4 CGB Behemoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 418 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

About 30% of shots from ANY weapon goes to nowhere. Even when i see BOOM or LASER effect on enemys armor (maybe HSR not working again?).
Spiders & Cents are almost unvulnerable to hits (hitboxes still .... strange), when commando or hunchey die quickly.

#5 JimboFBX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

I put a tweak up that really helps but unfortunately an admin decided it constituted as "modifying the game" and removed it.

That said my tweak doesn't really help if you don't already have a low ping and generally good hit detection that sometimes flakes out.

#6 Iothil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMan-at-Arms' couch...

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:12 PM

I have it now, and that is totally frustrating, because when I am in an oxide, I can shoot whatever light I meet straight in the chest with an alpha strike while doing 2% dmg...
The problem is not new, as such I already wrote the support half a year ago I think, their answer was something like: "Some people experience this error, although we can not reproduce it."
Meaning it either works for you, or it doesnt, I guess.

#7 SoggyGorilla

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:37 PM

my hit reg is mostly bad during times that the most people are playing. mostly central time between 7pm and 12pm CST. you should notice your doing a lot better outside these times, the switch and routing system is under a high load, there is latency added to packets at random. example if the target doesn't lag but you do, so the hit doesn't sync properly.

#8 Thrudvangar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 646 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:53 PM

Crimson strait:

Me (Cent9-AH: XL 275, AC20 2xSRM4, 1xSRM2) against a Raven (AC2 and a medium Laser)

After i shot both his legs Orange cored, he runned away.. then i engaged a DW from behind and the raven showed up again so i runned away getting some distance from the DW, Raven follows me.. I turn around, raven stands still while shooting at me. Took me two alphas to bring down one of his already cored legs (he is still stationary!) then i turned on the other leg to kill him... another 4(!!!!!) alphas and the use of a cooldown pad HE killed me (XL engine) while his remaining leg was bright red...

the best is he was stationary and not more than 30m away from me....

Edited by Thrudvangar, 26 November 2014 - 11:54 PM.

#9 fyurian

• PipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:19 PM

Ive had a poor guy in a warhawk prime alpha me and no damage was registered.
river city night from one base (warhawk) to the ramp at the citadel (me)
my mech rocked from impact but no damage was done....
good for me, sad for that guy

#10 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:10 AM

same here its gotten really bad for me,
as i can no longer use SRMs or Ballistics,

i just bought a guass, took it to training tested it out, loved it,took it into a match,

charged, then fired, my mech shook with the fire, 0.5-1 second later, gauss round flew off in the distance,
tested it on all other ballistics, all my ballistics seem to have a 0.5-1 second delay client to server lag time,

#11 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:50 AM

Welcome to the wonderland of HSR where everything gets confused (funny I rarely ever see/notice one of the "top-teams" suffering under this, go and divide that by zero ...) until nobody believes his own eyes anymore .

I was agitating against this willy-nilly randomly-working mechanic since its introduction, to no avail, since I´m only a EU player, so not the core-player-target-audience although my ongoing financial support of tis company might be rated as something not to be dismissed too easily.

This right here is one of the reasons MW:O will NEVER be resembling anything close to an E-sport title nor getting respect from that line of games and I personally have given up hoping on either a compromiseless fix for this disaster called HSR or it´s removal .

Keep on misfiring, someday it might land somewhere else and maybe even be registered as a hit ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users