#1 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

hey guys!

bought a dragon slayer today and totally love the look of two ac2s on its arm and its paintjob

i'm not very good at finding "asymetric" builds (in comparison to a symetrical K2 loadout for example) and therefore i want to ask you guys, is this a solid ds build?
DRAGON SLAYER

or should i switch out the lrms for srm6s?
and yes, i do not use jumpjets...mainly because i use the tonnage for other stuff, but even if i have them equiped i do not tend to use them often...

i thank you very much for your advice!
cheers!

#2 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

If you want to use that build I would swap out the LRM's for SRM's. Honestly though, you are much better off running larger caliber autocannons and PPC's.

You should use JJ's, they are the best piece of equipment you can have on a mech.

#3 Reconius

• PipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

First off, Very Nice build
My only suggestion is to lost two tons of AC/2 ammo and equip some jump jets, they are more useful than you think, especially on an assault mech. I would try it with the extra ammo and then with the Jump jets. I usually never need more than two Tons of Ammo for each AC/2, but that number varies from person to person.

Hope it helps and Good luck

#4 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

Not very good build . . from my opinion, 1 LRM everytime sucks, you should take SRM I think
If you totaly love the look of two ac2s, you will probably like two ac5s too ;)
I think you have too many AC2s ammo also . . .

I run mine with:

330 XL engine
2x AC 5
1x ER PPC
2x MEDIUM PULSE LASER
1x SRM 6
1x jj

enjoy ;)

Edited by DrSlamastika, 16 November 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#5 Smitti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 475 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFrog-blasting between BioVent Core #88A and #88B

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

I use a build pretty much identical to DrSlam's ^ but trade in the srm6 for extra AC/5 ammo and more JJs and DHS. SRMs don't like my Australian ping very much, don't get very good hit reg with them. Plus I prefer to keep a little bit of distance, hence the extra JJs, bit easier to run away bravely if necessary.

#6 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

thanks for your advice
i've changed the build to ac5s and removed the missiles
[url=http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=87&l=de41b94d3aa54940e193
is this build okay?
according to smurfy it has a slightly lower sustained dps value

is it better to use two ac5s (in chainfire or simultaneously?) or two ac2s (simultaneously)?

#7 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:58 AM

Two AC/5 create less heat than 1 AC/2. And I have to repeat the recommendation for JJ, at least 1 is mandatory, because you can jumpturn, then.

#8 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:55 AM

I run with an XL330, jj, a gauss rifle and 3LL... fill the engine with DHS.

great mid range fire support if you can get the hang of the gauss.

#9 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

DRAGON SLAYER

If you can snipe this is what you should run.

Edited by Roughneck45, 17 November 2013 - 07:55 AM.

#10 _Ares_

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

Or, if u want to have fun with it

DRAGON SLAYER

It's suprisingly effective.

Edited by Jaka Ursic, 18 November 2013 - 04:47 AM.

#11 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:53 AM

No it has LRMs in it., I can't stand lrms in a victor because it destroys what the victor is best at, which is being a big mobile lumb that can get where it needs to be quickly for its size and deal a big pile of hurt.

Why are you not using your JJ's they give the Victor much better mobility, and survivability, you will, notice a difference, you should pack at least one and two is much better.

Your weapons systems seem to be in conflict you have paired ac2 (the longest ranged weapon inthe game) which suggests you want to be sniper.

your lrm is an indirect support or harrassing weapon, which to use effectively puts you in range of every autocannon in the game except the ac20and alot of energy weapons is max range by the time its missiles have traveled is about 950 meters as the crow flies and its effective range is about 600 meters.

The weapons that do sync are the large pulse laser and the ML's lpl max range 600 ml 540 effective ranges 300 and 270. which makes for an effective brawler build but lrms are usless in a brawl

you can't fit an ac/20 on a DS which is its only bad.

Victors in general brawl very well with an XL engine, other than the awesome its the only assault I consider putting an XL in.

Victors lend themselves to snipers or brawlers

The snipers your better off dropping all missile systems and packing in LL or ERLL with the ac2 though your better off keeping the gauss in a sniper and learning to deal with the delay.

I like brawling with assaults its what they are designed for and the Victor (with JJ's) is the best.

My DS I'm sure will have its critic's, but I run this way as a longish range brawler hyprid
endo steel internal /standard armour

jj's 3 that mobility I was taking about

350xl speed closes down range when needed fast, it improves turn and torso twist, the un speed tweaked victor has 70.8 kph

Ac10 and ERLL in the arms.
I used to run gauss effectively even after the nerf, but I felt I wanted more shot for my tonnage and dropped down to the ac10 for more flexible use, and it also has the same max range as the ERLL

2ml max range 540 so they start getting used shortly afer the ac10 erll reach effective range I used to use mpl to sync better with the srm but the extra tonnage means the srm 4 wasn't there and the gap between the erlland the ac10 ranges is larger

under 270 range 10 barrels of srm hurt.

The armour is maxed..jumping brawl builds need more on the legs than non jumpers do as you can spread the damage by jumping.

It carries 3 tonnes of ac10 ammo and 2 tonnes of srm
pack the rest with dhs

builds pro's

Its flexible, it can snipe tthough at a shorter range than an ac5 ac2 armed build, and with its fast engine and jj its lethal in a brawl though you can sit in the face of a HGN or Atlas, its strength is in its speed and jj's

let of an alpha in the atlas face, hit the Jj's the return fire misses of hits the legs, turn in the air land behind it, and either let go into its back move and jump as it turns or wait for it to start lining you up again and shoot, but keep moving and jumping.

con's I'd have liked to have atemis in the srms to lower the srm6 spread but its not worth the weight in long games where I get my kill on 850 plus damage you will run short on ammo for the srms and ac10 it only uses 79.5 tonnes of weight but it has no free spaces

I'm not the best of shorts i'm not a leet player but I feel i've failed with this build if I get no kills and under 400 damage

I only allow my ego to tell me I did ok if I'm sitting on 2 kills and 600 damge

and yeah eat that ******* ! only happens with a 3 kill 800 plus damage match

Also look up smurfy

#12 August55

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:21 AM

DRAGON SLAYER

Just learn how to use the Gauss Rifle and you're golden. I've gotten matches with ~450 damage with this so far.

#13 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:43 AM

lol 450 DMG is nothing :( especially nothing with assault class

But yes Gauss gun is perfect! !

#14 SgtSlaughter1989

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

I think this is a better design that I would use.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3c528ed3a2cce23

#15 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

Good build but as a DS and AC2 veteran I would suggest losing the LRM all together add a bigger engine and 2-3 JJ. You have enough ammo to make it work for a long time, also JJs are nearly a must on the DS or any Victor for that matter. It allows you to roll damage, jump and spin, fire down on an enemy, escape, etc. Survivability goes way up with the addition of JJs. I have a friend that uses the DS with 2 AC2s 7 tons ammo and 3 medium lasers. Ive seen him exceed 1000 damage with it many times.

#16 Shade4x

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:40 AM

View PostDrSlamastika, on 19 November 2013 - 03:43 AM, said:

lol 450 DMG is nothing ;) especially nothing with assault class

But yes Gauss gun is perfect! !

Depends on the build and aim. 1000 damage on Lasers, SRM's and LRM's is less usefull then 450 damage on an AC/20 2x PPC build if your always hitting CT. It's like K/D in this game. It doesn't dictate how good you are, just what weapons you use, and how good you are at kill stealing. Infact i just got out of a match with a spider that got 5 kills and 105 damage. I got 0 kills and did 874 damage.

#17 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:52 AM

i run atypical mech builds too..

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a886861b04b0de0

#18 Hellzero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

Victor is an odd-bird in the Assault Class in its own. It's not the powerhouse that Atlas is, it can't deal the firepower of an Highlander while jumping, nor can it match a stalker in a face-on brawl.
- It's not armored enough to make a difference, it's not packed with enough weapon slots to be attractive to most folks, but what it does that none of the others do, is being surprisingly mobile brawler.

It uses all of its other weapons to soften up the enemy's armor location, while it's "hard right"(AC20/Gauss) deals that part off of the enemy mech with one blow. The Gauss is intended for longer range to do that, the AC20 is for "up-close and personal"; but this is only what the design philosophy of the Victor is, not what you can do with it.

- The machine in its own can be almost handicapped in some point of views, 'til its secrets are revealed: Victor thrives to jump in, and out of harm's way, when it wants. Choosing the location of the enemy warmachine it wants to hit, and from where to hit. The JJs deliver this manouverability, and "decent speed at stock" for its weight.

- "The Vicky" has a low profile though for an Assault class in the game, that is your biggest advantage.

The LRM load-out has its failure that it can't stand in a missile fight with even against standard Trebuchet/Catapult, especially with two/three AMS working against you on a good day. It can even less stand up against other Assaults, and Stalkers/Highlanders will decimate you to shreads, while perhaps some lesser classes will be taking their hits from you.
- But what you really want to do, is to move from cover to cover, to use the small profile of Vicky to make those LRMs hit a rock instead of you; maneuverability is the key that Vicky thrives from, otherwise it's just an "up-gunned Hunchback".

I understand that people love the capability of using numerous big-guns, people love the Large Lasers, people love everything that comes with it, and it works, and I will say nothing against it for people can get +1000 points of damage in a game.

- But for me, I get my 800 points of damage lashed out from an Vicky with 2xMPL, 1xAC20/Gauss, 3xSSRMS/2xSRM6, and end up with +120 points in a match, just because I use that maneuverability and the ability to jump on top of buildings/canyons to my advantage; to hit where the others can't easily reach; to out-run those who try to catch me in their Atlas', and doing what I do in Tabletop with the Vicky:

Choosing the battlefield on my terms, not on anyone else's(if it's an Assault mech in particular).

I love the Vicky, and I have for over 22 years. I hope it grows on to you, like it has for many others as well.

Over and out;
- Hellzero

Edited by Hellzero, 11 December 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#19 Mavie

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

not gunna lie im having a blast with this loadout

400xl engine
ppc
ac 10x
2x medium lasers

good for laughs and 81km/h is worth it so far

1 user(s) are reading this topic