New Game Mode?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Silent Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 137 posts
  • LocationWherever I am needed the most.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

Any chance of changing the usual Assault game mode so there is only capture point in the center of the map that either team can capture? If it acts EXACTLY like a capture point in 'Conquest' mode only slower to cap, it would improve games 1000% IMHO.

Thank you for your consideration.

#2 WhiteRabbit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 377 posts
  • Locationover there

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

1. this should prob be in the suggestion sub-forum

2. this idea is awesome :)

#3 Tezcatli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

Hmm. This seems like it would be easy to implement. Well what are they waiting for!? Add this in! It's so simple, but it changes the dynamic a bit.

#4 Silent Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

Other game mode ideas:

Arena of treachery: 8 mechs enter, 1 mech leaves.
The 'Buddy' game: Teams of 2, if your 'buddy' dies, a bomb in your engine goes off.
Defenders: There is 1 base, capture it from the enemy or kill them all.
Dropship down: Defend a downed dropship until the techs can send the distress call in about ooh 10 mins.
Mayday/Royal Rumble: 2 mechs start on each team, so long as they're still going another 2 will arrive in 3 minutes.
200 tonne Challenge: Choose 3 mechs you own that add up to 200 tonnes. As each one dies you go to the next in random order.
Storm the Beach head/Castle: 8v12 the 8 have superior cover but the 12 have superior numbers
Recon and Insertion: 2 recon mechs must make it to a randomly determined location, if they do the rest of the team drops in (starts as 4v2, if discovered becomes 8v2, if not is 4v8, if discovered and make it to the recon point is 8v8)

Other map ideas:
Any chance of weather such as lightning storms on a night mission that will 'temporarily' overload night vision if it's pointing in the wrong direction?
High/Low gravity maps that add or subtract speed and/or ballistic weapon ranges
Allow teams to place a wager of up to 1M C Bills each on a match.

I'll keep adding things to this as I come up with them, or just tell me to shut the hell up! ;P

#5 wolfmanjake

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPirating in the Periphery

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostSilent Hunter, on 25 July 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

Any chance of changing the usual Assault game mode so there is only capture point in the center of the map that either team can capture? If it acts EXACTLY like a capture point in 'Conquest' mode only slower to cap, it would improve games 1000% IMHO.

Thank you for your consideration.

This is a good idea. You could also have multiple locations that it can spawn so that it is not always in the same spot and your scouts have to go find it for you. (bonus to the team that finds it first, and extra bonus for the mech warrior that finds it first.) The spots will have to be near equa distance and have decent approaches for both sides as well.

#6 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostSilent Hunter, on 25 July 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Other game mode ideas:

Arena of treachery: 8 mechs enter, 1 mech leaves.
Defenders: There is 1 base, capture it from the enemy or kill them all.

These, combined with OP's 'King-of-the-hill' style mode are both great ideas because they will work with minimal coding and with the map selection we already have. I fully support these ideas as stopgap game modes until we have something better; but I can't imagine any of these three game modes taking more than a week or two for one person to implement. I know work hours are at a premium for PGI right now, but we need a new game mode a hell of a lot more than we need anything else right now.

#7 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

This could interesting, and yeah it should be in the Suggestion Forum.

#8 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

Hmm, but this just means a full on charge to one location. There would also be MORE capping - since this objective would exist in the middle of the map

#9 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

I'll move this over to the Suggestions section, since it seems like a perfectly valid suggestion. Leaving it here in the maps and Modes section would kind of be like having a Nod and Agree party, but it wouldn't be too productive in the long run.

#10 Silent Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:12 AM

Thank you.

I do have ideas and happy that some players think they warrant attention from the wonderful wizards of dev. :)

#11 Silent Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:03 AM

Proposed change to 'Conquest' Mode:

Only 1 resource collector is active for each team at a time and once captured it begins a countdown where it collects resources and then shuts down?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users