Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

KTO-18 Hunterkiller

Light swarms beware.

#2 Star Seven

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

I actually like keeping the AMS in exchange for a little heat efficiency. You're still very manageable. and I loose the FF.

KTO-18

#3 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

View PostStar Seven, on 07 August 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

I actually like keeping the AMS in exchange for a little heat efficiency. You're still very manageable. and I loose the FF.

KTO-18

I'd probably drop the MPL's to ML's and toss in 2 extra DHS... but other than that nothing to add. Build looks amazing, gonna buy one when I can.

#4 Roger Wildcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 237 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

View PostCato Phoenix, on 06 August 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

KTO-18 Hunterkiller

Light swarms beware.

That's what I call a streak monkey, looks like fun to use againt light mechs. :(

#5 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

I think I like the KTO-19 better as a Light Hunter/Killer. Streaks are fun, but they don't pack a lot of punch, so this build drops 2 streaks for an extra MPL and a Beagle Probe (for faster locks). You could swap the Beagle out for AMS if you prefer, or a 4th Streak in the CT (one tube, but not a huge issue with streaks). Ammo is enough to fire 33 SSRM shots, which should be plenty, and the speed is nice. Heat profile isn't great, but you can space out firing everything when light hunting anyway, and it's not so attrocious that it's untennable. I'd probably group the MPLs by arm though to allow for better heat management. You could even chainfire the SSRMs if you're feeling clever.

I tried throwing in an LL, but the tonnage just isn't there unless you drop down to a 350XL, and with the fire duration, MPLs are just more effective against lights.

#6 Fiest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

View PostStar Seven, on 07 August 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

KTO-18

Why do you need a 360 over a 350? 3kph for 1.5 tons is expensive for what it's worth imo
I also find 60 volleys of streak a bit on the high side so i'd drop it to 2 and move one to the head.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b2838ab36541f4e

#7 Star Seven

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

30 volleys of streaks not 60.

So you're down to 20 Volleys....

I can definitely agree on the engine though, I often tend to stick to the multiples of 25 for the heat sinks, a few KPH is usually not a big deal.

#8 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

The 360XL is a good sweetspot engine for several builds, so it's more likely someone has one laying around. Also, why my K-19 build, I ran out of slots, and there were extra tons if I used it on armor. And on a light hunter, a few extra KPH could make a difference (particularly the engine size with turn/twist speeds)

#9 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

View PostBront, on 07 August 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

I think I like the KTO-19 better as a Light Hunter/Killer. Streaks are fun, but they don't pack a lot of punch, so this build drops 2 streaks for an extra MPL and a Beagle Probe (for faster locks). You could swap the Beagle out for AMS if you prefer, or a 4th Streak in the CT (one tube, but not a huge issue with streaks). Ammo is enough to fire 33 SSRM shots, which should be plenty, and the speed is nice. Heat profile isn't great, but you can space out firing everything when light hunting anyway, and it's not so attrocious that it's untennable. I'd probably group the MPLs by arm though to allow for better heat management. You could even chainfire the SSRMs if you're feeling clever.

I tried throwing in an LL, but the tonnage just isn't there unless you drop down to a 350XL, and with the fire duration, MPLs are just more effective against lights.

This is true, but the Trebuchet 7M can do the same thing with jump jets. The 5 streaks is unique and a scariness on something going that fast.

TBT 3SSRM/3MPLAS

Edited by Cato Phoenix, 12 August 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#10 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostCato Phoenix, on 12 August 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

This is true, but the Trebuchet 7M can do the same thing with jump jets. The 5 streaks is unique and a scariness on something going that fast.

TBT 3SSRM/3MPLAS

Needs more beagle.

#11 WARG45M

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDeployed.

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2bd03ddf20f28c9
Like this?

#12 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

How about a 13DHS, 5t ammo KTO-18?

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 28 October 2013 - 11:39 PM.

#13 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

On my KTO-18, I run BAP, 5 streaks all on chain fire, a TAG and an ER ppc. I do 90.7kph.
ER ppc for ECM interrupt, TAG for the obvious and chain fire for cockpit rock. I'm finding I have very high success with that build vs lights. It's also very nasty vs mediums......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users