Patcher Patched Client To Old Version

20 replies to this topic

#1 Chivan

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

Logged in today to see i needed a patch, thought this was a little odd so checked patch notes and no mention of any new patches so i tried closing the patcher to see if that would stop the 2.4gb patch that was required. no joy.

So patched up the game and tried to run the game. The patcher would launch the game no problem but when trying to log in i got a 'version mismatch' error. Ok so i downloaded and ran the repair tool which is now downloading around another 2.4gb of the current game files.

So i had some spare time and decided to snoop around the patcher log files and came across this.

08/08/2013 19:25:57 - main - Config file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\PatchBot.cfg
08/08/2013 19:25:57 - main - Setting null proxy to False
08/08/2013 19:25:57 - main - Local frontend version: 108
08/08/2013 19:25:57 - main - Checking patch inventory.
08/08/2013 19:25:57 - main - Connecting for maintenance check.
08/08/2013 19:25:57 - main - Fetching patch inventory data..
08/08/2013 19:25:57 - main - Current version is unlisted, applying ZTN.
08/08/2013 19:26:02 - patch - Patch 1 of 1
08/08/2013 19:26:02 - main - Fetching update from server...
08/08/2013 19:26:02 - main - Downloading....
08/08/2013 19:26:33 - main - User closing the patcher...
08/08/2013 19:26:34 - main - Shutting down on demand!
08/08/2013 19:26:34 - main - Download canceled.

im guessing "08/08/2013 19:25:57 - main - Current version is unlisted, applying ZTN." is where the problem is at as from older log files i can see that version is correct and the patch server reporting the version as 'unlisted' is most likely the culprit.

my question is, is this a known issue or a technical problem either my side or the server side? I ran the repair tool before patching and it reported no problems with the game, now after this patch has been applied im downloading the same files again and am slightly worried i could be stuck in a patch loop.

*update*
So ive downloaded and repaired the game files and indeed when launching the patcher it requires another 2.4gb download to bring my version up to date. checked the log file again before doing this and the current game version is 'unlisted'. Im guessing the very recent hotfix has something to do with this so ill be emailing a copy of this post to support.

*update 2*
So ive waited for the hotfix and the servers to come back online and still i have the same issue. Ive run the repair tool again and it says that all files are up to date and dont need repairing but when i run the game a patch is required so i again checked the logs before patching. The patch is the same (2.4gb) and again in the frontend_patcher_log the current version is unlisted, my local frontend version is 108.

*update 3*
Ok so searching through the logs i noticed that one of the logs actually listed the remote version as 110 so i deleted the temporary patch files and ran the game again. I checked the remote version on the log file before patching and the remote version was unlisted again. So i closed the patcher and ran it again while checking the logs. Eventually i got the remote version to 110 so hit patch. Success! So i patch the game and launched the client. Instead of playing i closed the game and ran it again. This time it said patch again as i thought even though i had just patched to the current version. So i closed the patcher and tried again several times until until the patcher said play instead of patch. Ill mail my logs again to the support email.

I hope this helps anybody else having the same issue.

Edited by Chivan, 08 August 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#2 Olrikus

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Same issue. Re-installed the game from scratch and was able to run it. Problem appears again after restarting the client. My log is:

Local frontend version: 110
Current version is unlisted, applying ZTN

Closed and started the game multiple times without patching. No effect :P

Edited by Olrikus, 18 August 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#3 Guizan Dixie

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSigtuna, Sweden

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

Same issue I have, I have been unable to play since last patch almost two weeks now. Half a month of premium time down the drain...

#4 blackmail

Rookie

• The Ironclad
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSkiatook, Oklahoma

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

same issue

#5 Olrikus

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:53 AM

Found a solution.

Download MicrosoftFixit.ProgramInstallUninstall (available here: http://support.micro..._and_uninstall/ ) and uninstall the game with this tool.

After uninstall all works perfectly. Seems like uninstall from programs and features works incorrect.

#6 Guizan Dixie

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSigtuna, Sweden

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

I have tried it, and ended up with version 104 anyway, thanks anyway! It moght help for others...

#7 Olrikus

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

Problem appeared again after patch. This issue is really disturbing :)

#8 Tereus

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:48 AM

I cant play this game any more. I have reinstalled it 3 times and get the same Version mismatch error each time

#9 XxEDGExX

• PipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 26 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

Having the same issue the workaround for me at the moment is running the BootstrapSentinel.exe in the bin32 folder which bypasses the actual patching process, just shows the play button which works but this will only work after a clean install if you have installed then patched closed the client and re patched this will not work. some problem with the patcher it seems this was all working fine for me until today , logs shows unlisted version and repair tool will not fix any of the issues.

#10 SwanseaAxeman

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

Well this is an annoyinng bug, hope they fix it soon.

#11 Bigd4ddy

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

Having the exact same issues, only today this has happened, I played if after the new patch and it worked fine, but today when I started it downloaded 2.4gb patch? I knew something wasn't right...

Now the game wont play..........as I'm writing this a new patch is downloading, 115mb, now 58mb, now a 97mb patch.......

Now the game works, lol, very odd........ :)

#12 Bigd4ddy

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

Ahhhhhh, now I restarted it wants to download the 2.4gb "patch" again!!!

I aint doing this again :) will come back to this game when they fix it...........

#13 Demon Spawn

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

So after almost whole day of testing, reinstalling, cleaning etc my game is finally running...
This is what i have done:

1) Uninstall game
2) use CCleaner to clean registry
3) start Regedit and manually delete all remaining registry records which can be found by registry search using word "Piranha"
4) download installer
5) install game to another folder than before
6) start client and patch the game
7) start game - after login version error appeared
8) use MWO Repair Tool with all options ON
9 ) after fixing all mismatched files the game starts normally

actual version of the game in patchlog files:
frontend - 112
patcher - 18

So maybe all can be solved by using someones correct files after using MWO Repair tool:
frontend_version.dll
patcher_version.dll

Hope this will be helpfull for someone...

#14 MrTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 242 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:16 AM

I have done the above, but my Repair tool crashes and every time I close the Client I have to go through the whole process again.

Bit bored with it now...

#15 Pliskkenn D

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:19 AM

Just encountered this problem again. Sigh. Uninstalled, reinstalled. No avail.

#16 SwanseaAxeman

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:00 AM

This sucks big time, still no fix......

#17 SwanseaAxeman

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:15 AM

Ok, was messing about with some files to stop the autopatching and stumbled on a quick fix which seems to work for me (running XP 32bit).

1.Reinstall the game
2 Allow it to patch the 9 smallish patches
3.Go into the game directory and open the folder Bin32
4.Open MWOPatcher.cfg with text editor of some kind (notepad works fine)
5.Change the autopatcher setting to true if it was on false (as mine was for some reason) should be autoPatch=true
6.Re-run the game and it should work fine.

The only thing I don't know is what will happen when a new patch is applied, but at least the game works for now. Obviously this may not work for everyone, but it is worth a shot.

EDIT: Ok, this worked for a while but then went back to trying patch 2.4gig, so I switched autopatch back off.

After more testing it seems to be totally random in when it will decide it needs to patch. Just as long as I don't press the patch button, I can close/restart MWO and occasionally it will allow me to play without it wanting to patch. But it is random when it happens.

Edited by SwanseaAxeman, 06 September 2013 - 04:06 AM.

#18 Jaunty Pipkin

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

Unless I missed a fix in patch notes, I've found a workaround that works for me. Add to Steam Library and run it from there. I've not seen it try to play silly buggers with the patches since.

Hope it helps.

#19 Eltigros

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

I am having this issue following the 1/7/2014 patch. Never had it before. Have tried running repair tool. Tried launching multiple times without patching to see if I ever got a version match rather than the telltale "main - Current version is unlisted, applying ZTN." entry in frontend_patcher_log. Tried launching from Steam and using BootstrapSentinel.

The first time it happened I let the patch run thinking there had been a hotfix, then I was able to play. But after restarting my PC (Windows 8.1 Pro FWIW) I have to patch again. I have a decent ISP but 3.2GB download plus the patching time every day is pretty annoying.

I will keep digging, and try contacting Support too, but wanted to leave this here in case anyone is having this issue again.

--

Edit 1/11/2014.

I did a complete uninstall, reboot, and reinstall to a different hard drive/folder. When it finished I was able to play the game. I quit playing but left PC on (to let a backup run overnight). Coming back to the PC and starting MWO it wants to patch again! Since I don't have a cap on my bandwidth I'm just letting it, but this will be the fourth time in 48 hours I've downloaded 3.2GB of MWO files.

Edited by Eltigros, 11 January 2014 - 11:16 AM.

#20 Tigreen

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 56 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

maybe they'll fix it for us with the patch on the 21st.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users