Alternate Implimentation Of 3Pv (Practical For Intended Purposes And Easy To Impliment)

1 reply to this topic

Poll: Vote: (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you prefer this to current 3PV

1. Yes (2 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Undecided/Ambivilent (1 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. Other (please explain) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Monky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

It's simple, a cross between current 3PV and a top down view.

Current 3PV does this;

"I can see my torso but I can't see my legs, and I can see off into the distance which allows me to spot people while I am behind cover"

Top down does this;

"I can see my torso but I can't see my legs, but I can't see off into the distance so I can't spot while I am behind cover but I can also see people directly behind me allowing me to spot people I normally wouldn't be able to"

A mix would do this;

"I can see my torso and my legs due to the angle, without being able to see clearly behind myself an appreciable amount, I can also aim my crosshair at targets up close which helps me learn how to move in a fight without being able to see off into the distance except under very limited circumstances involving severely varied elevation"

Now, normally, I would not be for any of it, but since we're going to have 3rd person view no matter what at this point, can we at least get option #3 a decent appraisal by the devs? If it has been appraised, why did it fail in comparison to the current 3PV implementation?

Thank you for reading.

As an additional note; the extra peripheral can be mitigated by providing a screen filter (similar to a camera lense graphically) cutting off some of the screen in judiciously chosen areas by the devs. To prevent spotting around corners the current 'pull the camera in when near cover' would actually work really well.

Edited by Monky, 09 August 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#2 Monky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

somehow this got set to poll only topic, I blame gremlins.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users