4 replies to this topic

#1 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

So why is like 1/3 to 1/4 of the rear of the Golden Boy considered front torso? I know there are many mechs this has been done on. But in looking through my mechs, this is by far the most pronounced, and most are at least the very low torso, not the mid rear torso, being considered front torso. Basically everything this mech is front torso. Posted Image

#2 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

The mechlab wireframes are not the hitboxes. They're graphics to make you feel good while you install things.

The actual hitboxes are usually much more convoluted, and usually very arbitrary. Not sure if that makes your Kintaro better or worse.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

This isn't 100% accurate, but it's pretty close considering I did this in 45 seconds.
Posted Image

Basically from the front, left, and right, your CT front can be hit. There is Zero risk in using an XL engine, but as a result there is Zero protection for your CT.

Golden Boy is also the slowest of all Kintaros (290 engine) versus the rest (360 engines). This means the Golden Boy is the worst one to use for brawling. It makes up for this by having 65 total missile tubes available. Most other Kintaros are listed as having 26 to 28 tubes.

Edited by Koniving, 08 August 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

*Pokes the like given.*

That's a Publisher's name! O_O! Or someone from IGP. Anyway.

But yes to continue what was said here... Golden Boy benefits hugely from an LRM-boat persona (treat it like a real Trebuchet, not an MWO one). With 65 tubes it outperforms most newer mechs in terms of LRMs, and will outperform even the Catapults and Awesomes after the art overpass that we are supposed to get. (A1, 30 tubes max. C4, 40 tubes max. One of the Awesomes, 40 tubes max. Most mechs, 10 [Centurion], 17 [Victor missile boat], 50 [Highlander 733] and the list goes on. Trebs cap out at 30 to 40 tubes.)

The other Kintaros, with only 26 to 28 tubes, will never make ideal LRM boats as most hardpoints are limited to 1, 6, or 11 tubes (if smurfy is correct. If smurfy added the tube numbers together for shared hardpoints, then it's really 6s and 5s). So other Kintaros will either blot out the sun over time, or they will be brawlers unlike the Golden Boy.

#5 Kunae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

“Golden Boy with feet of clay
Let me help you on your way
A proper push will take you far -
But what a clumsy lad you are!”

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users