Kintaro Ct To Lose Damage Magnetism

125 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

Hey everyone!

This is just a quick message to say we're working on a fix for the Kintaro's CT taking most of the incoming damage, and it will be going live on the September 3rd patch! So take heart, Kintaro lovers, your fix approaches!

Cheers, The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

Interesting... I may have to C-Bill myself a Kintaro now. :P

Edited by Odins Fist, 16 August 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#3 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

Thank the lawd!

Now how 'bout 'dat Awesome? Eh?

#4 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

That's good news. Even with the bug they're a troublesome Mech to run into close up. This should make them an even more viable opponent.

#5 hashinshin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

Does this mean the model's size is going to be changed, or merely the hitboxes? Because even if the hitboxes get adjusted a bit it's still way too large for a 55 tonner. The 60 ton mechs are actually smaller, it's insane.

And while we're on this, the Awesome is way too large, the Stalker is way too small, and the quickdraw could use a diet.

#6 Wales Grey

Dark Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 861 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Frigid North

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 August 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

Hey everyone!
This is just a quick message to say we're working on a fix for the Kintaro's CT taking most of the incoming damage, and it will be going live on the September 3rd patch! So take heart, Kintaro lovers, your fix approaches!
Cheers,
The MechWarrior Online Team

Hi! When are you looking at re-scaling the Trebuchet to be more in-line with the rest of the medium mechs in terms of size?

edit: The Stalker also needs to get huge-er as well.

Edited by Wales Grey, 16 August 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#7 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

Good new indeed, but for the love of all that is unholy , could you next time test a bit more so that you don;t need to make changes after releasing the next one? You seem to have the cockpit size mostly nailed down, next is the scale and the CT and you might be good to launch :P .

#8 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

Unless this involves scaling down the size of the mech and giving it hitboxes similar to a Centurion this is á waste of time.

Edited by Nicholas Carlyle, 16 August 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#9 Damocles69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 888 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

Awesome stands in the conner looking sad

#10 hashinshin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostWales Grey, on 16 August 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Hi! When are you looking at re-scaling the Trebuchet to be more in-line with the rest of the medium mechs in terms of size?

This really frustrates me as someone who wants to play Heavies and Mediums more. The Stalker is the best Medium mech in the game right now.

#11 Middcore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

So a month goes by and the Kintaro gets a fix for its giant CT but after a year we're just now LOOKING at maybe possibly doing something to help the Awesome?

And as others have said, what's really needed is an intensive look at scaling for all 'mechs and the resizing of several. (Quickdraw and Trebuchet are too big, Catapult maybe too...contra what many people think I believe the Stalker is about right considering its profile.)

#12 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

View Posthashinshin, on 16 August 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Does this mean the model's size is going to be changed, or merely the hitboxes? Because even if the hitboxes get adjusted a bit it's still way too large for a 55 tonner. The 60 ton mechs are actually smaller, it's insane.

And while we're on this, the Awesome is way too large, the Stalker is way too small, and the quickdraw could use a diet.

So what your saying is that our 60 tonners(dragon and quickdraw0 are smaller than the kintaro? Hmm well your wrong. although the kintaro and dragon are similar in size.

#13 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostWales Grey, on 16 August 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Yet you forget the "30" ton spider that is smaller than the commando. :P

View PostDONTOR, on 16 August 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

So what your saying is that our 60 tonners(dragon and quickdraw0 are smaller than the kintaro? Hmm well your wrong. although the kintaro and dragon are similar in size.

Dragons wide so it makes sense.

#14 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

Why is it that you guys can adjust the Kintaros CT hitbox so quickly despite it not being a really big game breaking thing like the Phracts cockpit hitbox was upon release, yet, you can't even bother to adjust the Awesomes equally ridiculous hitboxes? Every time it's brought up you just say you can't adjust it on the fly and then you tried to compensate by giving it some useless chassis quirks,

#15 Middcore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

The Catapult still has a disproportionately large head hitbox too.

And I think the Raven still has big leg hitboxes that were put in as a band-aid fix for its near-invulernability pre-HSR...but that can stay because HSR barely works right now and also because **** Ravens.

#16 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

View Postharuko, on 16 August 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Why is it that you guys can adjust the Kintaros CT hitbox so quickly despite it not being a really big game breaking thing like the Phracts cockpit hitbox was upon release, yet, you can't even bother to adjust the Awesomes equally ridiculous hitboxes? Every time it's brought up you just say you can't adjust it on the fly and then you tried to compensate by giving it some useless chassis quirks,

2 weeks isn't instant. I personally as a medium pilot am looking forward to the agility "quirks".

#17 Xander185

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 19 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

It would be nice if they got the kintaro closer to 50tonners in speed. Seems awful slow for its size. My hunchback is much faster on a smaller engine.

#18 Homeless Bill

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

Good news. Please fix my Awesome next =D

#19 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

Woot now I don't regret buying the Golden Boy

View Posthashinshin, on 16 August 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

While true oversized mechs can still be useful like the Quickdraw and the Treb, the Ct of the Kintaro was making it a total waste. Not saying I wouldn't love to see resizing done but hit box changes can at least make them viable

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 16 August 2013 - 11:48 AM.

#20 AgroAlba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

Excellent! As primarily a Medium driver, I was hoping this would get ironed out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users