Official Statistics (3Pv)

19 replies to this topic

Poll: Official usage statistics (3PV) (64 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want to see usage stats for 3PV?

1. Yes (48 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No (16 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Do you want hardcore mode to be normal mode?

1. Yes (48 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No (16 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Do you use 3PV?

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No (47 votes [73.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 73.44%

3. Sometimes (17 votes [26.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Bendak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

Personally I hate third person view(3PV) with a passion and I'm happy to see fellow players asking in game for the magic F4 key. I'd like the developers to reveal the numbers on how many people use 3PV and justify the existence of the feature. I'd like to see "Hardcore" mode become the default normal game mode and 3PV mode added as the option. How does this stack up with your thoughts?

#2 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

I personally don't care. Since there is transition time and there's a little drone, it all fits within the realm of possibilities.

Just wish the drone made the host targetable if only the drone is visible and the drone could be shot down.

#3 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

#Remove3PVfromMWO

#4 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

lol anotherpoll saying the community dosn't want 3pv

sadly will be ignored just like the last dozen or so

#5 Bendak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostCathy, on 22 August 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

lol anotherpoll saying the community dosn't want 3pv

sadly will be ignored just like the last dozen or so

I'd like to see if there is justification for it, despite my hatred for the feature. It pretty much spoils online shooter games.

#6 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

If they ask for F4, the correct answer is Alt+F4.

Edited by General Taskeen, 22 August 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#7 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

I could care less about 3PV...I just want my 1PV only queue.

#8 skullfireEx

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

3PV should only be available in Trainning arenas with bots.

#9 Illusion Tokomi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 135 posts
  • LocationJurai Homeworld

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

A very cleverly constructed poll.

#10 Typhoon Storm 2142

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:04 AM

Stop creating new polls about 3PV. Everything has been said already. If you want to repeat your opinion countless times, USE THE ALREADY EXISTING THREADS.

Not that this poll is legit anyways. It's missing the "ABSTAIN" options. But only clever people would integrate that into their fancy polls.

#11 Bendak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

View PostTyphoon Storm 2142, on 23 August 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

Stop creating new polls about 3PV. Everything has been said already. If you want to repeat your opinion countless times, USE THE ALREADY EXISTING THREADS.

Not that this poll is legit anyways. It's missing the "ABSTAIN" options. But only clever people would integrate that into their fancy polls.

Little A N A L retentive as always Typhoon. Could you please point out the thread with poll about seeing usage data? I'll take your advice about an abstain option in future though, but you can always just not vote maybe?

Edited by Bendak, 23 August 2013 - 07:50 AM.

#12 Donnie Silveray

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 321 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

You do realize that 3PV is made for people not yet currently in the game? So asking for any statistics right now is tantamount to asking "Hey I know you guys hate this pie but we have a chart showing how many of you have eaten it!"

I use it occasionally when I want to screw around or admire my mech in motion. I can't really ever use it in my raven as I need to be stealthy and have access to my radar, and my Raven is my most piloted light mech. Only time I used 3PV in battle currently was in my Jenner which I must add was absolutely awesome.

But otherwise 3PV is not terribly useful for fighting, or even trying to cheat. Anybody worth their salt would be able to know where a formation of enemes are or at least their general location without using a periscope.

Edited by Donnie Silveray, 23 August 2013 - 07:57 AM.

#13 Bendak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostDonnie Silveray, on 23 August 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

You do realize that 3PV is made for people not yet currently in the game? So asking for any statistics right now is tantamount to asking "Hey I know you guys hate this pie but we have a chart showing how many of you have eaten it!"

I use it occasionally when I want to screw around or admire my mech in motion. I can't really ever use it in my raven as I need to be stealthy and have access to my radar, and my Raven is my most piloted light mech. Only time I used 3PV in battle currently was in my Jenner which I must add was absolutely awesome.

But otherwise 3PV is not terribly useful for fighting, or even trying to cheat. Anybody worth their salt would be able to know where a formation of enemes are or at least their general location without using a periscope.

OK. So it's not for the players currently playing the game. Rightio, that makes it OK I suppose. Does it? Erm.

#14 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

In propaganda terms many multiple posts on the same subject is called "Muddying the waters" It may be unintentional but has the same effect as when its done on purpose. It takes a subject and makes it untenable for casual readers and reduces the message to whispers.

PGI's intent is to make money so I doubt they will release any numbers one way or another.

#15 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

Third person is such a non-issue that's been blown out of proportion by some of community. It gives you absolutely no advantages in combat! For the ones saying you can use it to see over hills, well... News flash: The Adv. Seismic Sensor module can see you the same way on radar. Who needs 3rd person anyway?

The only time I use it is to look at my pain job, and I then immediately go back to 1st person.

So, with that in mind, I really don't see the point in showing statistics about its use as if it mattered that much.

#16 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

View PostTweaks, on 14 September 2013 - 05:54 AM, said:

News flash: The Adv. Seismic Sensor module can see you the same way on radar. Who needs 3rd person anyway?

When did seismic get unlimited range and give you the ability to tell your team where the enemy are going and what mechs they are using?

#17 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

View PostWolfways, on 14 September 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

When did seismic get unlimited range and give you the ability to tell your team where the enemy are going and what mechs they are using?

It doesn't but that's hardly ever used for this purpose. Only some of the 'Mechs can actually see over hills with the 3rd person camera drone. If it can make you happy though, just make it so we can shoot down and destroy the 3rd person camera drone and problem solved. If you see a blinking red light from a drone popping up above a crest line, shoot it.

Personally though, I don't ever use 3rd person camera because I just don't see the point or the advantage, so this doesn't bother me one bit. I also only see newbies use it in matches so far.

Edited by Tweaks, 14 September 2013 - 07:19 AM.

#18 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

View PostTweaks, on 14 September 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

It doesn't but that's hardly ever used for this purpose. Only some of the 'Mechs can actually see over hills with the 3rd person camera drone. If it can make you happy though, just make it so we can shoot down and destroy the 3rd person camera drone and problem solved. If you see a blinking red light from a drone popping up above a crest line, shoot it.

Personally though, I don't ever use 3rd person camera because I just don't see the point or the advantage, so this doesn't bother me one bit. I also only see newbies use it in matches so far.

You can't shoot it down if it's for newer players (as PGI claims) because you would be forcing players into 1pv, which defeats the purpose.

3pv has two uses.
1) Looking over terrain to gain a tactical advantage. Using this in an, as advertized, 1pv game is equal to using a cheat.
2) Looking at your mech/paint job. If that's the only reason you use it you should have no problem with 3pv only being available in the tutorial and/or testing grounds.

I have no problem with players who want to use 3pv. I just don't want to be in the same matches with them.

#19 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:59 PM

It's always been an option before so seriously I don't think it's a problem. "1PV" always feels easier to me, but "3PV" in this game is discouraged. And that is why some of us players think we should just terminate 3PV in the first place.
  • No Radar
  • Lack of Fluency when Aiming with the cursor (You can't wave the mouse around the screen anymore seeing your torso ALWAYS re-adjusts itself to the arms)
There really is no reason to play in 3PV therefore. But if 3PV were upgraded, the Community would backlash because they'd complain about what is better and why 3PV is stupid and blah blah blah. I don't complain about how I'm killed in the game. It's a game. But currently just to support the comments above mine, don't play in 3PV. If it were integrated properly just know that people hate 3PV and don't consider that having 3PV gives you sight of your Peripherals. Hey, maybe if it were integrated properly we would see people looking one way in-game and there mouse-pointers at the sides of the screens because their arms are not dictated by their torsos. PERFECT FOR DAMAGE SHARING ON YOUR MECHS! while still being able to attack Mechs circling you at end of some games using your still-fortified side as a shield...... So yes it'd cause havoc. But I'm up for that challenge if 3PV vs 1PV was an even debate. But not right now, b/c 3PV is useless.

Edited by Zephonarch II, 01 September 2014 - 04:04 PM.

#20 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:37 PM

3pv is basically useful for getting a visual of the enemy teams position without any chance of them returning fire.

I would exploit the hell out of it, but fortunately, it is basically banned in all the leagues anyways.

Since I basically view all non-league games as practice, I never use it, except when I want to look at my color scheme lol.

But is is dumb, and does not belong in a simulator style game.

Now, if it used a module slot, and was destructible like a UAV... then yea maybe it wouldn't kill the immersion so much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users