Starburst: Mwo Faces Widespread Accusations Of False Advertising

72 replies to this topic

#1 Nasty McBadman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationPhilly 'Burbs

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

http://www.starburst...hwarrior-online

Not the best press so soon before launch, hope it gets better.

#2 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

Link

Well that doesn't sound good. I hope launch surprises us with something amazing; otherwise, I'll bet this sentiment is floating around nearly every article and review.

#3 Enigmos

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

Third reference today to a very obscure blog. Is it Coincidence? Or clue?

Edited by OriginalTibs, 30 August 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#4 Nasty McBadman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationPhilly 'Burbs

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

Yeah, I posted the same link at 2:15 pm in this very same section.

#5 Nasty McBadman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationPhilly 'Burbs

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

looks like jozkhan beat Homeless Bill and I to the punch by an hour and some. Mods, feel free to put my thread into one, or both of the others to condense and avoid dupliation.

Edited by Nasty McBadman, 30 August 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#6 BlueVisionWarrior Online

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 107 posts
  • Locationmaking clicking noises behind you

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

"Find your local Starburst Magazine stockist HERE, or buy direct from us HERE. Our issues are also available as iPad editions, and can be downloaded via Apple HERE"

this was at the end of the article, clearly this blog is a blatant cash grab, nothing to see here.

Edited by BlueVisionWarrior Online, 30 August 2013 - 10:44 AM.

#7 Super Mono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostOriginalTibs, on 30 August 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Their twitter account has over 266 thousand followers, which all received a tweet about MWO's false advertising when this story went live.

If you want to call over a quarter million readers very obscure compared to MWO's population I'm going to laugh at you.

Edited by Super Mono, 30 August 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#8 Revorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

Nice to read. +1

#9 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostBlueVisionWarrior Online, on 30 August 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

"Find your local Starburst Magazine stockist HERE, or buy direct from us HERE. Our issues are also available as iPad editions, and can be downloaded via Apple HERE"

this was at the end of the article, clearly this blog is a blatant cash grab, nothing to see here.

NOTHING like what MWO is. 4 mechs and some minor difference variants for 80 dollars is a great deal! Previous games that gave you a single player campaign, @20 mechs, 20+ maps, AND multiplayer action with the ability to host your own games, choose your own maps, let 3rd party people mod the game without fear of being sued, and play the game how you wanted to....Those games didn't understand how a mechwarrior game should be. They were selling those for just $40.00! PGI UNDERSTANDS Mechwarrior.

PGI understands. And if people say they don't want something that PGI wants, well they're in the vocal minority. PGI is attending to the silent majority- the people that don't really care about this game are the ones that post on PGI's forums after all.

Edited by verybad, 30 August 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#10 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

Don't you worry, when this game "launches" in the state it appears to be lurching towards launch in, there will be plenty of big well distributed sites giving providing reviews and we'll see how that goes. No more beta excuse. This game may launch with the current awful U.I., no tutorial, 2 game modes and a handful of maps. Gonna be well received I'm sure. :P

#11 I am

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

Posted Image

#12 Chronojam

• 2,185 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostSuper Mono, on 30 August 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Their twitter account has over 266 thousand followers, which all received a tweet about MWO's false advertising when this story went live.

If you want to call over a quarter million readers very obscure compared to MWO's population I'm going to laugh at you.

That's quite a lot.

#13 Enigmos

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Never heard of it before. Assuming the views of outspoken critics represent the views of all Founders is pretty, ah, casual journalism.

#14 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

Hey some folks say any publicity is good publicity, I mean people were saying there was no pre launch hype. Well now there are articles about defrauding founders and having your forums in open revolt. I mean this close to launch who wouldn't want such free publicity right? I mean so a few people are upset and the first word some new folks here is that this is a cash grab or that the dev team isn't responsive to it's players, at least they've heard of it right. :P

#15 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

Ahhh that'd be the obscure blog that is a magazine that was founded in 1977 and relaunched earlier this year with a quarter of a million twitter followers... quite obscure

View PostBlueVisionWarrior Online, on 30 August 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

PROJECT
PHOENIX
PRE-ORDER NOW

HERO MECH
GOLDEN BOY
AVAILABLE NOW IN MECHLAB

HERO MECH
DRAGON SLAYER
AVAILABLE NOW IN MECHLAB

THIS WEEKEND ONLY
TRIAL BY FIRE

TRIAL MECHS - 50% OFF MC PRICE
Aug 23rd - Medium Mech Madness Sale!

Saber Reinforcement Package!

Kintaro Customization Sale!

Screenshot: Virus Jenner

Sorry what were you saying about a blatent cash grab? xD

The sycophants are getting ever more amusing.

Shame that some of this vocal minority can display their feelings to hundreds of thousands of others isn't it PGI? How's your prospects looking for the coming silent majority with articles like this coming out every couple of weeks.

FROM THE GUYS WHO BROUGHT YOU BITS OF DUKE NUKEM FOREVER'S MULTIPLAYER AND A TRANSFORMERS GAME NO ONE REMEMBERS, COMES ANOTHER OVERHYPED FLOP...

#16 Dustmuffins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

It's so sad to see articles out there like this.

It's even sadder that they're absolutely true.

#17 I am

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

Actually, this is all lies. The game is doing fine, and this article was improperly influenced. I have proof.

#18 keith

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 30 August 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

Hey some folks say any publicity is good publicity, I mean people were saying there was no pre launch hype. Well now there are articles about defrauding founders and having your forums in open revolt. I mean this close to launch who wouldn't want such free publicity right? I mean so a few people are upset and the first word some new folks here is that this is a cash grab or that the dev team isn't responsive to it's players, at least they've heard of it right. :P

yes but with negative stuff like this u have to come out of it somehow. show off a new leaf. give the public an understanding. russ tried that, and it ended poorly. which means at launch that community warfare details better make ppl *** themselves or else sinking ship here we come.

#19 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

Like everyone pointing at Penny Arcade report about MWO when it's a copy pasta from Loaded dice Blog?

I mean it's ok if the press talk about the PGI fiasco with 3PV but 3 articles where 2 are linked to a single blog one doesn't make it precissely a general opinion but the very same throw over and over.

#20 Pwnographic Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

They have not even done a public release yet. There is more to come.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users