pending anonymous

103 replies to this topic

#1 Fear Radick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:59 AM

Hello, my name is Fear, and I am,... pending.

Everyday i wake up with the shakes, looking over at the screen i now keep on my bedside table just in case i wake up and need another hit of that F5 key, yu know, to keep me steady for another hour or two till that next screen refresh.

My wife has left me, my kids think I am crazy, but I just can't kick the F5 habit. It is ruining my life.

I just thought the rest of you out there who are suffering through this terrible addiction, this disease, might want someone who understands your trials to talk to.

It is open, honest. There is no judgment here.

Share your struggles.

#2 Armageddon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

My Wife tells me I've been muttering "pending" in my sleep. It's rough...

#3 OnLashoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,093 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

My buddy Fear how ya doin?

Don't worry bro, it goes away with time. I have found in my new home of Florida, that there are many other things to do to pass the time. Went to the beach two days ago for about 5 hours, and got pretty burnt lol. Was pretty funny the whole family went and all of us were sun burnt and in pain yesterday, but today everyone seems to be much better.

#4 Tymanthius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

My wife just laughs at me. This is normal tho, so it's ok. :D

#5 Murphy7

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

I too, am a YPF (yellow pending fever) sufferer, but I think I have found a solution.

I bent the red channel pins on my monitor plugs. Things are looking..... funky.

#6 PirateNixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

Hi, my name's Nixon.

I've been pending for longer than I care to admit. My wife claims I mutter about it in my sleep. I tried to quit, but I keep finding myself here pending again.

#7 CTec

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

I thought the "Pending" thing was my in forums name for a bit....

Wife asked me yesterday, "so when this game goes live I will be a mechwarrior widow?" Told her I would reserve time in the day for food/chores/sideways dancing..... but not on her schedule.

She sighed and said she is calling in reinforcements (her mother). Now its going to be 'force of nature vs immovable object'. More on this as it unfolds.

#8 Fear Radick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostPirateNixon, on 14 June 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

Hi, my name's Nixon.

I've been pending for longer than I care to admit. My wife claims I mutter about it in my sleep. I tried to quit, but I keep finding myself here pending again.

Thank you for sharing Nixon. How does it make you feel when it starts to affect your loved ones like that?

#9 Rebmac

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

you let your wife out of the kitchen? once she asked me what I wanted and I said a sammach, then she said when do you want it and I said pending.

#10 Fear Radick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

View PostOnLashoc, on 14 June 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

My buddy Fear how ya doin?

Don't worry bro, it goes away with time. I have found in my new home of Florida, that there are many other things to do to pass the time. Went to the beach two days ago for about 5 hours, and got pretty burnt lol. Was pretty funny the whole family went and all of us were sun burnt and in pain yesterday, but today everyone seems to be much better.

This is a great story of redemption. You see there is hope. Just hang in their guys.

#11 Fear Radick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

View PostRebmac, on 14 June 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

you let your wife out of the kitchen? once she asked me what I wanted and I said a sammach, then she said when do you want it and I said pending.

Now, now. Lets not be critical of other's cboices. Remember, there is no judgement here, just open dialogue.

But yes, i agree, bad idea letting her out of the kitchen. Marriage n00b.

#12 Tymanthius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

View PostFear Radick, on 14 June 2012 - 09:30 AM, said:

But yes, i agree, bad idea letting her out of the kitchen. Marriage n00b.

How else is she supposed to get to the bedroom? :D

#13 Attalward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 382 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

My name is Attalward

And i carry my wireles keyboard in my trips to the fridge or the bathroom, only so i can feel th soft click of the F5 key. I always hope to find that yellowish nightmare to have shifted to orange in my absence.

#14 CTec

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

View PostTymanthius, on 14 June 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

How else is she supposed to get to the bedroom? :D

Or go outside and cut the grass and edge the yard? Gotta think things out.

#15 JabberJon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 147 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

Ironically enough, my wife told me last week that she's never seen me so obsessed. She said she's worried about me.

Today...I got a call. She said she doesn't know me anymore. She's packing up and going to stay with her mom for a while... Fine by me, less distraction.... *rocks back and forth*

#16 Fear Radick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

View PostNeo Angelo, on 14 June 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Ironically enough, my wife told me last week that she's never seen me so obsessed. She said she's worried about me.

Today...I got a call. She said she doesn't know me anymore. She's packing up and going to stay with her mom for a while... Fine by me, less distraction.... *rocks back and forth*

We all go through stages of abondonment during our struggles. It is important that we stick it out together as a group!

Group hug eeryone! Except you, the fat sweaty one....

#17 OnLashoc

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,093 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

Combine the kitchen with the bedroom! :D

#18 Fear Radick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

View PostOnLashoc, on 14 June 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

Combine the kitchen with the bedroom! :D

I thought i just told you? No hugs!

#19 Nexx Nisshoko

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Mi

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hi my name is Nexx Nisshoko,

When I’m not on the forums or in my email checking for my BETA key, I’m spending my free time creating MWO BETA memes and fantasizing about the amazing time that could be had in BETA.

The family just does not understand... i need just one more hit, the next refresh will be the last, the status will change, it will! i know it will, it MUST!

Posted Image

#20 Fear Radick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

View PostNexx Nisshoko, on 14 June 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

Hi my name is Nexx Nisshoko,

When I’m not on the forums or in my email checking for my BETA key, I’m spending my free time creating MWO BETA memes and fantasizing about the amazing time that could be had in BETA.

The family just does not understand... i need just one more hit, the next refresh will be the last, the status will change, it will! i know it will, it MUST!

Posted Image

Thanks for sharing Nexx. Its good that you can still be creative during these times. Creating a none violent outlet to communicate your inner turmoil is an important step towards freeing yourself of your addiction.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users