Last Post Wins!

8193 replies to this topic

#7381 Sizzles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationWaiting in line for his UrbanMech UM-PP.

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:16 PM

****s hilarious, also I just read about the whole Hell's horses genetic experiments in A Rending of Falcons. Which happened to be just after I was given a link to that Kelpie picture I posted before.

But, having an animal that is normally viewed as being very docile and... generally not a murdering beast, but is in-fact a murdering, flesh consuming monster as a pet would be interesting.

Just dont turn your back on it or anything...

Edit: No Xphr. Bad.

Edited by Sizzles, 26 August 2015 - 02:17 PM.

#7382 StompingOnTanks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:49 PM

I've formed a DND group with two friends recently, and I'm really excited to play our first game in a few weeks.

Things I've learned:

Our DM is a DnD veteran, he plays with another group of friends. He likes creativity, but he runs "Dark Souls style" campaigns where you really need to use your head to win especially against bosses, because they have specific weak points (in stats or literal weak points on their body). No teamwork or tactics = no survival. Sounds fun.

He also will occasionally pull fast ones on his players such as The Belt of Gender Bending. Which was supposed to be a belt of strength they got awarded for as a quest item. A female paladin puts it on, goes to sleep, wakes up next morning as a dude. And surprise! The belt can't be taken off.

Despite my early hopes, he isn't going to let me get away with launching my Greatsword out of my Heavy Crossbow without breaking both of them.

My friend, a "duskblade" (half sword half magic elf guy I think) has recently decided he wants to have fire-based buff spells as well as his fire-based attack spells. Thing is, he doesn't want his buff spells to actually be buff spells. He told me, instead, that he's just going to LIGHT ME ON FIRE SO I DEAL FIRE DAMAGE. I've told him this is easily on my Top 10 list of worst ideas I've ever heard, but he says "My character is Chaotic Evil so I'll probably do it anyway". Then I said "Fine, but your 'fire damage buff' will be answered with swift decapitation."

I also asked if, while doing my finishing moves, I could scream "THIS DROW IS GOING TO TAKE YOU DOWN, AND I DON'T MEAN DOWN TOWN I MEAN SIX FEET UNDERGROUND" then play John Cena's theme song on my phone as I describe pulling a metal folding chair out of a dimensional hole and breaking it over my foe's head. (I'm a true neutral Drow fighter btw). The DM replies, "Well, you'll get a facepalm, from me, then either I or the person sitting next to you will punch you in the face." I said worth it.

Our first campaign to introduce us will be a dungeon crawl through a 100 floor tower filled with various evil things and loot. I'm looking forward to trying this out so far. :P ;)

Edited by StompingOnTanks, 26 August 2015 - 02:51 PM.

#7383 XphR

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:29 PM

Monster parties are fun but the problem with chaotic evil companions is, they are not companions at all. You must either dominate them as a master over minions, allow them to subjugate you by bending to their will as a minion yourself or make them believe you intend to do such as you plot to murder them. Unless drastic alignment shifts come into play or the DM has some rather magnificent way to force cooperation (still going to have alignment consequences most likely) C/E characters have only themselves to further at the expense of all others. Its almost as bad as having to work within a whole group of overly Lawful Goods from dramatically different realms and reasonings.

Also anyone that thinks horses are docile has not spent much time with them or has only met well tamed and pacified specimens. They can be quite malicious and cruel as well as having incredibly strong memory and judgmental natures.

Edited by XphR, 26 August 2015 - 03:35 PM.

#7384 Sizzles

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:52 PM

View PostSizzles, on 26 August 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

normally viewed as being very docile

Nobody said people were smart.

Its like people who look at any kind of monkey and go "daaaw its so cute, I want one!"

They do not understand. They never do.

I've only met one horse that could be considered malicious. Big Clydesdale -named Mr.Ed- at a ranch I spent a week at. Any time anyone with long hair turned their back on him for too long, he would creep up behind them and grab their hair. No pulling or shaking, just grab it and not letting go. He was a blast to ride though. Only trouble he gave me was that he would start moving the moment I put my foot in a stirrup.

#7385 StompingOnTanks

• Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:31 PM

View PostXphR, on 26 August 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

Monster parties are fun but the problem with chaotic evil companions is, they are not companions at all. You must either dominate them as a master over minions, allow them to subjugate you by bending to their will as a minion yourself or make them believe you intend to do such as you plot to murder them. Unless drastic alignment shifts come into play or the DM has some rather magnificent way to force cooperation (still going to have alignment consequences most likely) C/E characters have only themselves to further at the expense of all others. Its almost as bad as having to work within a whole group of overly Lawful Goods from dramatically different realms and reasonings.

Well, the thing is, I doubt my friend is actually sadistic enough to play Chaotic Evil properly so I am not too worried about it. He seems much more a "chaotic neutral" type of guy.

But if he is, I'm still not that worried, because it's just the two of us taking on this entire tower and if we don't cooperate we die. So if he kills me for some sadistic fun, it will bite him in the ass one room later, and I will laugh as he gets torn limb from limb by whatever it is he is now soloing.

Edited by StompingOnTanks, 26 August 2015 - 06:32 PM.

#7386 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:52 AM

Paul Atreides owes me money.

#7387 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:34 AM

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#7388 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:11 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 28 August 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

Baron Vladimir Harkonnen demands that you feed Glossu Rabban Harkonnen.

No. Not gonna, can't make me.

#7389 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 29 August 2015 - 02:57 AM

Either that MarineTech or you can help scrub down Fayde. Lovely, Lovely Fayde.

#7390 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:18 AM

Perv.

#7391 XphR

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:46 AM

Morning, so hot.. yard.. mowed.. shower, needed badly.

#7392 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:40 AM

This'll cool you off and clean you up.

Posted Image

#7393 XphR

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:07 AM

lol The poo cannon? I like my water cannons a bit less biohazardous.

#7394 Sizzles

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:35 AM

Sometimes I wonder, was Japan always this weird? Or did we just make it worse by throwing in some radiation?

#7395 XphR

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:11 AM

What have you found? Share.

#7396 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:25 AM

I found 3 beakers, 5 wedding rings, a dead moose, and some mayo

#7397 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:12 PM

Perv.

#7398 Sizzles

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:43 PM

Marine, show us on the Locust where the Atlas touched you.

#7399 XphR

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:05 AM

*waits for MarineTechs hopefully appropriately 'inappropriate' answer*

#7400 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:17 AM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users