6 replies to this topic

#1 Wendigo Vendetta

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

Recently there have been concerns about the timeliness of content role out. Let me be clear: these concerns are toally unwarranted. The devs are very, VERY busy at work for you. We should all be a little more concerned about what WE can do to help them out. In the interest of helping the devs spend more time on development, I have taken it upon myself to answer all forthcoming "Ask the Devs" entries. Please see below for all your future answers. In the interest of helping the devs, feel free to add to the questions and answers in the rare event that I have missed any future questions that the devs would (be willing to) field:

Question form Gamer: I have a great idea that would help the game immensely. Would you consider…
Answer from Dev: No.

Question form Gamer: This game that was an industry standard 100 years ago had this feature that you have inexplicably left out. Will you please add this simple feature?
Answer from Dev: That’s wild. We’ve never even heard of that before. Have we been living under a rock? We’ll look into this strange new concept come Q4, 2016. Maybe. No promises.

Question form Gamer: Will the pilot skills see any improvements, such as…
Answer from Dev: No.

Question form Gamer: You seem to have lured in a bunch of people with promises of features to come and self-imposed red lines that you asserted you would never cross. What happened?
Answer from Dev: If you have been around long enough to remember those, you are not our target demographic. Go away already.
If on the other hand you are new and reading old assertions by us… “Promise” and “red lines” are just arbitrary words anyway, much like “release date”. What do they really mean? Maybe they mean “we like banana pudding” or “we felt lonely as children”. You lack of deconstructionist nuance impairs your understanding of our words. However, for a small MC cost you can sign up for “Project: Historical Revisionism” which explains it all and will be released soon™. That is, if we really mean that and not “My gal really digs guys with cash”.

Question form Gamer: Will you introduce role based rewards such as…
Answer from Dev: Q3, 2016. Based on our adherence to other timelines, this means Q4, 2018. Maybe. No promises.

Question form Gamer: Recently in communications in another online venue, you said something totally crazy and contradictory to your posts here. Can you elaborate on…
Answer from Dev: Words. So many pretty words. What do words mean, anyway? Did you know that we have beautiful MC for sale? It can be used to buy such pretty things. Things you need right now. Go and buy the pretty things, it will make you feel better. Don’t worry your soft gamer head with these contradictions, you will only hurt yourself.

Question form Gamer: Could you communicate with us better?
Answer from Dev: Does “No” count as communication?

Edited by Wendigo Vendetta, 24 September 2013 - 05:23 PM.

#2 Jin Ma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

i mean it is a small group of developers. They simply cant meet these demands. Do i think its right for them to say they can when they can't? no. But we still have to take into consideration their size.

I mean for the last year, essentially all that came out were HSR netcode and a Visual customization system.

#3 Madara Uchiha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

i DIED laughing.

#4 Wendigo Vendetta

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostMadara Uchiha, on 23 September 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

i DIED laughing.

Guess that's why it was exiled... too on-target.

Edited by Wendigo Vendetta, 23 September 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#5 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

Hi

#6 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Its funny, not because its "funny" but because its 100.0000000% pure truth.

#7 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

Great stuff

An actual AtD would have been just as informative, while also making me sad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users