Auto-Ready. Automatically Detects Game Start, Readies Up And Starts Screen Recording! [1.1 30Th Oct]

22 replies to this topic

#1 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

Lets you forget about the existence of the ready button. Hit Launch and go grab a drink or have a smoke - this app will automatically hit the Ready button for you.

Download

GitHub Page

From the Readme:

===================================== 8< ======================================

MWO-Auto-Ready
==============

A Script for MWO that automatically clicks ready for you

Example Usage:
Take the ready.exe from the zip and place it somewhere. It creates an INI file in the same folder, so best not to put it on the desktop.

Double-click ready.exe to run it.

STEP 1: BIND HOTKEYS
====================
Go to the Bindings tab.

Tick "Program Mode"

Tick "Limit to Application: ..."

On the "Calibrate" row:
Click the box in the "Keyboard" column and hit the C key.
Tick the Ctrl and Alt boxes.

On the "Auto Ready" row:
Click the box in the "Keyboard" column and hit the R key.
Tick the Ctrl and Alt boxes.

Untick "Program Mode"

STEP 2: CALIBRATE
=================
On the main tab, make sure "Status" is Off.
(It will probably be disabled)

Launch an MWO match.

Place the cursor over the Ready button.

Hit CTRL+ALT+C

The match should start as normal.

When you return to mechlab, the boxes on the main tab should be filled out, and the Status box enabled.

Step 3: NORMAL USAGE
====================
Make sure the Status dropdown on the Main tab is set to "On".

Start a game. The app should automatically detect the transition from mechlab to game (Window size gets bigger) and auto-trigger.

If it does not, or it does and you do not want it to, you can manually turn it on or off with CTRL+ALT+R

OPTIONAL SCREEN RECORDING START
===============================
This feature will automatically start your Screen Capture software after readying up.
It will hit ALT+F9 (Default for nVidia ShadowPlay) after a pre-determined delay (Default 20 secs)

If using ShadowPlay, you would need to set recording mode to "Manual".
As of time of writing, the ShadowPlay beta is limited to 4GB file sizes (Roughly 10 mins at high quality).
If you wish to capture a full match, you may need to set Quality to "Medium".

ADVANCED
=========
For optimal usage, you may want to position the mouse over the white of the word "Ready" when you calibrate.
This should result in the app being able to reliably detect a good ready when the text changes colour.

The ready.ahk file is the source code.
In most cases you should not need it, but if you do you will also need a copy of ADHD from http://evilc.com/proj/adhd

The "Play Debug Beeps" option is to help debugging what is going on if it does not work.
The "Debug Mode" and "Show Window" options in the top right of the window would also help here.

Edited by evilC, 30 October 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#2 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

Changelog

Key:
! : Warning
* : Comment
= : Change / Fix
+ : Added feature

1.0 7th Oct 2013
* Initial Release

Edited by evilC, 07 October 2013 - 11:18 AM.

#3 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

Well folks, here it is - the promised Auto-Ready app.

Give it a whirl and let me know how it works for you.

#4 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

or people could, you know... just hit the big green button that takes all but one second to hit. This app seems like it would take more time to use than just clicking the ready button every match. Just my personal thoughts. Plus no fear of third party .exe attached to the game. Is it such a big deal to just hit a button?

#5 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostBlue doqyn, on 07 October 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

or people could, you know... just hit the big green button that takes all but one second to hit. This app seems like it would take more time to use than just clicking the ready button every match. Just my personal thoughts. Plus no fear of third party .exe attached to the game. Is it such a big deal to just hit a button?

I don't know man, I've tried a couple times and often get confused about the mechanics of the ready button and how to click it. Am I supposed to click first then move my cursor to the button? Am I supposed to click and drag the cursor to the button? Am I supposed to click my name to activate the ready button?... See what I mean? So confusing, this app takes all the guess work out, thanks evilC! My world is right once again.

#6 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

Wow, what a great tool for drop/afk farming! THANKS OP, for helping dead weight continue to bog down matches with these wastes of a roster slot!

Ok, it's a trifle blunt, but I hope you can appreciate my point of view on the subject though the snark :D

#7 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

does this violate EULA?

#8 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostGeist Null, on 07 October 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

does this violate EULA?

I'm not sure!

I reported it, so that a developer can take a look at it. I advise against using it, until we have a clearence.

#9 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

In nature the ever elusive Ready button escapes many of its prey. Most of the 'Cbil farmer' creatures continue to see this majestic beast as their greatest threat in nature. Many have tried to capture the Ready button for use, but, many have failed in the attempt to capture it with one simple, single click of the mouse. Ever elusive it shall stay to a few.

#10 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

Jeez man, not feeling the love on this one - oh well, haters gonna hate I suppose.

I dunno about you, but often when I am in a group in voice comms, I may not be at the PC all the time. It is much more convenient to be able to leave the script running, and when the group leader launches, my client will auto ready up. When the game starts, you can hear the "All systems nominal" message and come back to your PC for the actual game.

By being able to attend to dinner, do minor chores etc while you wait for the next drop, you maximise your available play-time.

Hell, even when sitting at my PC, I sometimes forget to ready up - I have multi monitors so I may be reading something on another monitor or tinkering with another build on smurfy's.

Oh, and if I was going to slip malicious code into my apps, I probably would have done it with Fire Control (see sig), seeing as that gets over 1000 downloads a month. Then again, as I host the source on GitHub, and link the download to a domain name the same as my forum name (evilC.com), which also has valid WHOIS information revealing my true identity, I would have to be pretty stupid to try anything dodgy.

Edited by evilC, 08 October 2013 - 03:19 AM.

#11 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

That may be how YOU wish to use it. As I stated above, however, that's probably not how it will be generally USED. Ultimately I suspect the Devs will blacklist this on the grounds that it will be used by those already exploiting the system to further exploit it, which degrades the playing experience for the general user base. I think most people are pretty understanding about losing, but nobody likes to lose because their team just happened to get 1-2 "afk farmers" in their group [especially when they're assaults]

to paraphrase an old saying "The road to terra therma is paved with good intentions" ^^

#12 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Thank you Niko.

You have a guarantee from me that I would never ever write or assist anyone in writing software that automatically pilots a mech.

With regard to farming, this script changes nothing. In fact, it makes things better for everyone else. If they are gonna AFK farm anyway, all this does is mean that the timer won't go all the way to 60 secs, so everyone else gets to play quicker. It *may* mean that they can fit more games in than they otherwise would, but only if everyone else readied up before 60 secs. Also, if you are going AFK, the difference between instant ready and waiting 60 secs is pretty minimal.

#13 Rofl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 435 posts
  • LocationTrash can around the corner.

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

I always thought the 2nd ready screen was added so I could get up and get another beer. Why would I want to automate that away?!

#14 Blue Footed Booby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationHere?

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

View PostNiko Snow, on 09 October 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

After internal deliberation, we have determined that this is fine according to our rules.

What we will not be accepting is any combination of this or similar macros with scripts designed to pilot the Mech without user interaction. (aka Botting)

Users of this should also be aware that they need to return to play once the match has started, otherwise they could risk being caught on AFK farming.

It's pretty neat that PGI is willing to make judgement calls like this. A lot of devs just consider any separate exe, macro, whatever to be categorically verboten.

That said...has there been any announcement on why an extra ready button was added? Is it just to give someone a chance to take command and re-arrange lances, or what? It seems like most matches are started by the counter, usually due to exactly one person who hasn't readied.

Edited by Blue Footed Booby, 16 October 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#15 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

Before i start, i am in no way defending botting, i hate the idea myself ..but..

PGI. If you dont want somthing to happen in ur game, then dont let it, program it out. If you dont want people afking, put in detection of AFK which kicks them from the game and does not reward them. Simple.
I mean its like Team killing, i dont know the exact rules you have on the subject, i dont do it myself so i dont care to look, but if its possible in game, its fair game. If you dont like it, program it out so u cant kill a team mate, or reduce team damage and/or have it turn off when dmg from 1 team member to another reaches a certain figure, i.e after 25 dmg to a single team player, team dmg to that player is then 'off', but is still on for other team players until lthe same limit is reached.

Being lazy and not implimenting these kind of features and instead putting a list of rules of what people are not allowed to do, is silly at best. becouse people WILL break them, and it will be down to the players and/or the rare PGI employee to see/report them during a game, which isnt reliable.

TL;DR: If its possible to do in game using just the game itself, its fair game. If u dont want somthing to happen, program it out.

#16 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:15 AM

I'm a bit surprised so few people find this useful. I don't know if it's Elo or just MM being weird or what, but it often takes me several minutes to find a match, and then it's always taken another 30-60s to start. I generally either post on the forums or take care of small, non-urgent things that nonetheless need my attention while waiting for the game to get going, especially as the first minute in any non-light mech tends to be closing the 5km gap between bases.

I mean, I could just not care about the rest of the people in the game and keep doing what I was doing, but I like being readied right away, as it seems awfully silly to make 23 people wait another minute because I was reading the forums while the game loaded in the background behind Firefox.

#17 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

TBH, I was sure the devs would can this one. I'm very surprised that they have not, and that surprise is not unpleasant.

Evil . . . /^^ It's legal :unsure:

#18 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

View PostArmageddonKnight, on 16 October 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

TL;DR: If its possible to do in game using just the game itself, its fair game. If u dont want somthing to happen, program it out.

I always wondered why the friendly fire is enabled yet one can be punished for killing your teammates. Maybe the Devs have too much free time to spend on punishing the griefers? Remember it's a free game: they can restart their router, get a new IP and create a new account. Than they can use that Champion Atlas and shoot at other players with Gauss and medium lasers at spawn.

View PostNiko Snow, on 16 October 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

This person is typically still loading into the game, especially if they have a high ping or a slow PC.

How about the MWO client sending a "i'm ready" packet to the server automatically when it loads the map and connects properly? There are some people not clicking the button on purpose - they even tell about it in chat. I've even seen TK's because of this.

Edited by Kmieciu, 17 October 2013 - 04:33 AM.

#19 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

View PostSen, on 17 October 2013 - 04:05 AM, said:

TBH, I was sure the devs would can this one. I'm very surprised that they have not, and that surprise is not unpleasant.

Evil . . . /^^ It's legal :D

Well to be honest, they cant out right detect a macro. It would take a player to report som1 of suspected 'macroing' or 'cheating' then a PGI employee would have to monitor said person, then make a judgment...thats alot of work.

Its one reason macro's are hated, and are a PITA tbh. I have never liked them much. However there always certain times when u just have to use one becouse a program ..or game... lacks a feature that should be there in the 1st place and that a macro can compensate for. This is one of those times. Though i dont find it that hard to take the 1 second to press the ready button so :)

#20 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostRofl, on 16 October 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

I always thought the 2nd ready screen was added so I could get up and get another beer. Why would I want to automate that away?!

So if you go afk to get a drink, you expect 23 other people to wait for you to get back and click ready?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users