Wolf Spiders

533 replies to this topic

#1 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:02 AM

Posted Image

Those who break faith with the unity shall go down into darkness.

About us

We are the legacy and remnants of Clan Wolf (UTS) and the 13th Wolf Guards (NetBattletech). The core of our unit has been together for around 12 years. We are team focused, organised, and highly competitive. Our strength comes from our team bond and friendship, we are the Wolf Pack!

We come together from across the globe, a group of mature members giving their talents, time and support to collectively drive our community forward. Now, after more than a decade, many of these friends have returned to forge anew as the Wolf Spiders. We aim to have a positive impact on this game and its wider community, while aiming to be just as successful and competitive in battle as we have in the past.

Structure

Posted Image

Recruitment

We have two Battlemech Companies, each based around different timezones. One for Europeans, the other for the Americas. If your looking for a mature group of people that off the field are laid back and looking to have a laugh, but on the field, be highly organised and competitive, then send us an application form. We take our game seriously. Through teamwork, tactics, and individual skill, we aim to be a force to be reckoned with. A very high percentage of the unit are MechWarrior, and Planetary League (NBT & UTS) vets, however, we are happy to help and indoctrinate a new generation of pilots into the unit.

We require all applicants to meet the following.

• Age 18+
  • Headset or Mic
  • Teamspeak 3
  • English Speaking
  • 6-8 Hours Per Week Minimum.
  • Recommend System Specs

Please add as much detail to your application as possible. Once we review your app we will contact you via email. If your application looks good we will invite you to our TS3 server.

1st Battlemech Company 'Alpha' - European Timezones (Invite Only)

Recruitment is open to all EU based players, or anyone who might be close to this timezone in Asia or the Middle East. We still are encouraging competitive, team focused pilots to apply. We have EU members from Germany, United Kingdom, Ireland, Serbia, Netherlands, Belgium & Portugal.

2nd Battlemech Company 'Bravo' - North American Timezones (Invite Only)

Recruitment for Bravo Company is well and truly invite only. Thank you to everyone in the community for the super strong response we had. If you want to get in touch with us about recruitment with any questions then your welcome to reply in this thread or email John Clavell. If you want to still submit an application, we will keep it on record pending slots opening up.

Posted Image

Please feel free to post on this thread or contact John Clavell via PM on this forum.

Edited by John Clavell, 11 April 2013 - 09:08 AM.

#2 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:57 AM

Our website is now online! Updates and such coming as more game information is available. If you have an issues with your browser let me know so I can fix. I've tested it in everything other than IE at this stage. Enjoy :-)

http://wolf-spiders.org/

Edited by John Clavell, 14 November 2011 - 11:57 AM.

#3 Kevin Kirov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

I am interested in a spot in Beta company.
19, been playing since I was a youngling, started in MW3, played MW4, MC2. Havent played in a while but getting back into the swing of things now that ive seen MWO.

I also like Clan Goliath Scorpion and this fits in perfectly.

Edited by Kevin Kirov, 14 November 2011 - 04:03 PM.

#4 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:37 AM

Hey Kevin, thanks for your interest. Private Message incoming :-)

#5 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

Bump a-de bump.

#6 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:28 AM

Hey Chief, can I copy your signature? Except replace Cpt. With mechwarrior etc (and my history obviously)

and bump...

#7 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

View PostBlackfang, on 24 November 2011 - 12:28 AM, said:

Hey Chief, can I copy your signature? Except replace Cpt. With mechwarrior etc (and my history obviously)

and bump...

Yeah man, no need to ask ;) I can whip you up something if you have anything in mind? Or feel free to just reuse the small logo.

Edited by John Clavell, 24 November 2011 - 01:19 AM.

#8 Satan Sr

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationUSA, Virginia

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:28 AM

Hello, Wolf Spiders.
I'm interested in taking up a spot in your Beta company.
21, Male, East Coast.
I guess you could call me a newbie, but since this has managed to catch my eye I'm going to download MechWarrior 4 and see what all this fuss is about. Won't know if I'm any good, or what play style I'll use, until afterward.

#9 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:54 AM

View Post***** Sr, on 27 November 2011 - 11:28 AM, said:

Hello, Wolf Spiders.
I'm interested in taking up a spot in your Beta company.
21, Male, East Coast.
I guess you could call me a newbie, but since this has managed to catch my eye I'm going to download MechWarrior 4 and see what all this fuss is about. Won't know if I'm any good, or what play style I'll use, until afterward.

Thanks for your interest Satan. I've just sent you a PM which contains more information. In terms of MechWarrior Online, we're all going to be newbies, so no need to worry about that.

#10 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:17 PM

Hi John, Hope you don't mind but I put your wolf spiders logo as a custom decal on my Mech in Mech4 free release. Doesn't look too bad on there even if it does get squished ever so slightly (due to 64x64 decals).

#11 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:08 AM

View PostBlackfang, on 28 November 2011 - 12:17 PM, said:

Hi John, Hope you don't mind but I put your wolf spiders logo as a custom decal on my Mech in Mech4 free release. Doesn't look too bad on there even if it does get squished ever so slightly (due to 64x64 decals).

Pics or it never happened! :) Here's hoping we'll be able to add our own decals in MechWarrior Online.

#12 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:38 AM

How can I upload an image?

#13 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:03 AM

View PostBlackfang, on 01 December 2011 - 12:38 AM, said:

How can I upload an image?

There is a bunch of free image hosting like imageshack or tinypic.com, if you want, email them to me and I'll upload them on my server ;)

#14 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

Here you go>
Posted Image

#15 azaptyE

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

How many members are currently part of Wolf Spiders.

#16 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

View PostazaptyE, on 01 December 2011 - 11:27 AM, said:

How many members are currently part of Wolf Spiders.

Hey αΖαρτγΣ. Currently we have 8 solids kicking around on a daily basis, and some other old guard members who are not so active but will be involved for certain. We're not too concerned right now, the game is still a long way off. We're using this time to put new unit infrastructure, servers, and services in place as we ramp up for launch of the game.

Edited by John Clavell, 01 December 2011 - 11:42 AM.

#17 azaptyE

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:48 AM

And how many members are you hoping to get?

#18 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

View PostazaptyE, on 01 December 2011 - 11:48 AM, said:

And how many members are you hoping to get?

We're hoping to field two frontline Battlemech companies. One Euro, the other USA/Canada, that can act independently within their time-zone remits as well as being able to fight as a single, cohesive unit. A third company would be made up of reservists and support staff. So 24 - 36 members in the long term.

#19 azaptyE

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:58 AM

That's a lot of members, so do you have a survey or something for recruitment applications?

#20 Alkero

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 69 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

im like a giddy school girl waiting for this to come out. o_O
...the real reason i was posting though was because i had very much the same question as azaptyE...also, John, sent ya an email just now basically stating my desire to be in WS ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users